Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Aug 2022, 07:59 (Ref:4123082)   #151
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Yep. He's said a few times that he might be tempted into another year (i.e. if he was winning!) but I doubt it was really serious.
If they sort the TOCA engine out I can easily see him doing another year. He seems to be really happy at BTC. I don't think I've ever seen so many pictures of him laughing and messing about with team mates.
Old 18 Aug 2022, 08:15 (Ref:4123083)   #152
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Looks like Lloyd could be out for the rest of the season after Thruxton, which would be a great shame

https://www.touringcars.net/2022/08/...f-the-campaign
Since that article was first posted - "OVERWHELMED BY ALL THE MESSAGES, ORDERS AND SUPPORT TODAY AFTER MY POST! IT’S GONE NUTS! I’VE BEEN ON MY PHONE AND LAPTOP NONE STOP FOR THE PAST 7 HOURS, IF I HAVEN’T REPLIED TO YOU YET PLEASE BARE WITH, I CAN’T KEEP UP WHICH IS AMAZING. I’VE RAISED THOUSANDS TODAY AND PLACES ON THE TRACK DAY HAVE GONE DOWN VERY WELL ??????
THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SHARED / COMMENTED / LIKED MY POST!!! HARD WORK PAYS OFF ????????"
Old 18 Aug 2022, 08:16 (Ref:4123084)   #153
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
If they sort the TOCA engine out I can easily see him doing another year. He seems to be really happy at BTC. I don't think I've ever seen so many pictures of him laughing and messing about with team mates.
I wonder if some of his happiness comes from knowing it is his last season?
Old 18 Aug 2022, 10:55 (Ref:4123087)   #154
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I wonder if some of his happiness comes from knowing it is his last season?
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if JP does 2023 with BTC Racing, if the M-Sport engine situation improves.
Old 18 Aug 2022, 12:14 (Ref:4123091)   #155
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
If they sort the TOCA engine. What a state of affairs. In the meantime Swindon Hyundais are in the Championship hunt.
Old 18 Aug 2022, 13:36 (Ref:4123097)   #156
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
If they sort the TOCA engine. What a state of affairs. In the meantime Swindon Hyundais are in the Championship hunt.

It is not always the fault of the engine supplier because a lot will depend on how it is installed which is the responsibility of the teams. There has been plenty of discussion here and elsewhere that the Hondas, and that includes those prepared by Dynamics, all suffer from heating problems, especially in heavy traffic, meaning that they are unable to use the full potential power from the engine. And I believe that Dynamics use another engine provider.
Old 18 Aug 2022, 13:43 (Ref:4123099)   #157
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It is not always the fault of the engine supplier because a lot will depend on how it is installed which is the responsibility of the teams. There has been plenty of discussion here and elsewhere that the Hondas, and that includes those prepared by Dynamics, all suffer from heating problems, especially in heavy traffic, meaning that they are unable to use the full potential power from the engine. And I believe that Dynamics use another engine provider.

wasn't the same issue with PMR ? and they had the Swindon engine
Old 19 Aug 2022, 09:23 (Ref:4123158)   #158
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Since that article was first posted - "OVERWHELMED BY ALL THE MESSAGES, ORDERS AND SUPPORT TODAY AFTER MY POST! IT’S GONE NUTS! I’VE BEEN ON MY PHONE AND LAPTOP NONE STOP FOR THE PAST 7 HOURS, IF I HAVEN’T REPLIED TO YOU YET PLEASE BARE WITH, I CAN’T KEEP UP WHICH IS AMAZING. I’VE RAISED THOUSANDS TODAY AND PLACES ON THE TRACK DAY HAVE GONE DOWN VERY WELL ??????
THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SHARED / COMMENTED / LIKED MY POST!!! HARD WORK PAYS OFF ????????"
Where did he post that? Either way that's good if he's managing to raise enough funds to continue for the rest of the season
Old 19 Aug 2022, 09:36 (Ref:4123160)   #159
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Where did he post that? Either way that's good if he's managing to raise enough funds to continue for the rest of the season
Twitter. I think it was about £7k he said he raised so far.
Old 19 Aug 2022, 11:12 (Ref:4123166)   #160
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
£7K is a decent response and I wish him all the best but let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's still quite a bit short of the £50K he needs.
Old 19 Aug 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4123198)   #161
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00037145086089
Old 19 Aug 2022, 15:16 (Ref:4123203)   #162
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Plato View Post
Not to me it doesn’t ?????*????*????*?????
Nor me. Not until the end of the final race or a retirement during does the chance to win end.

And afterwards... ever thought of following in Kimi's footsteps and trying to get a run out in NASCAR? I reckon that could be a good experience for a touring car man.

Last edited by Alfisti; 19 Aug 2022 at 15:21.
Old 20 Aug 2022, 07:33 (Ref:4123247)   #163
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Now that's good. Just think if he doesn't complete this year, 2021 would be the only full season he has done, despite competing in 6 seasons since 2010
Old 23 Aug 2022, 04:05 (Ref:4123470)   #164
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Well it's the Jason Plato who was here in 2019 after the Sutton incident at Snetterton, 2016, when he told porsche962fan to come and meet him at one of the races to discuss their problems, 2011 to complain about the relative performance of turbo and non-turbo cars, 2009 and 2004 to say thank you, and a few things in 2000.

So I am going to assume that it really is Jason Plato because I would prefer that to be true to it being an internet troll

And while 100 wins now looks very unlikely I think another win at Thruxton is perfectly possible considering the Honda generally goes well there, a win at Silverstone is unlikely considering straightline speed is so crucial there, and then one at the final race at Brands Hatch would look very scripted but it also a possibility.

Jason, thank you for your time in the championship, you've always been the driver providing the most entertainment to the BTCC, and I hope you can get at least one more win in the final three rounds, preferably three more. Hopefully Mr Neal will enter the final round as well as his cars are unlikely to be in title contention, and then we can have the Plato-Neal swansong at Brands Hatch.
I think Snetterton is Jason Plato's favourite track. Many a time he has had a good result there