Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Dec 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3946494)   #1851
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of articles I've read saying these cars are aimed at club racers etc. That power to weight is low compared to what many of the top club series run and at a far higher cost than many are spending.
I guess the 'value' in this category is whether it provides a genuine stepping stone to a higher class of racing (both category and quality).

When it talks about being aimed at club racers - do they mean as a replacement for current club racing, or as a route from club racing to other categories?
Old 13 Dec 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3946495)   #1852
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Enough of this OT conversation about a different series, lets get back to what we all want...

I'll post updates to my table on Tuesdays and Fridays, so here is the latest.
Jordan moved up to a possible, based on having twitter exchanges with WSR.
Trade Price entry now includes the make/model, based on article(s) detailing 2yr contract.
Oliphant notes changed to reflect formal press release.

TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Excelr8Hyundai i30Smith ?Confirmed in press release - want to retain driver lineup
Excelr8Hyundai i30Osborne ?Confirmed in press release - want to retain driver lineup
Team DynamicsHonda CivicCammish2yr contract confirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda CivicNealConfirmed as driver pairing in press release
WSRBMW 330iOliphantConfirmed in press release
WSRBMW 330iTurkingtonConfirmed in press release
WSRBMW 330i???On TBL Entry List
Power MaxedVauxhall ?PlatoTalked about engine / chassis developments for 2020 in interview
Power MaxedVauxhall ????On TBL Entry List
SpeedworksToyota CorollaIngramConfirmed Ginsters backing for 2020 in article
Laser Tools (Aiden Moffat Racing)Infiniti Q50MoffatConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools (Team BMR)Infiniti Q50SuttonConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class ?RowbottomConfirmed entry in Facebook post
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class ?MorganBrands Hatch summary confirms 2020 return
HARDVW CCGoffOn BTCC.net (and others)
HARDVW CCBushellOn BTCC.net (and others)
HARDVW CC???On TBL Entry List
HARDBMW 125iBoardleyOn BTCC.net (and others)
AmD (Cobra)Honda CivicNot 2019 driver(s)Confirmed in social media post
AmD (Cobra)Honda CivicNot 2019 driver(s)Confirmed in social media post
AmD (Trade Price)Audi S3???On TBL Entry List (2yr contract for cars)
AmD (Trade Price)Audi S3???On TBL Entry List (2yr contract for cars)
BTC RacingHonda Civic?Smiley?Social media post said returning, with picture of cars and drivers
BTC RacingHonda Civic?Cook?Social media post said returning, with picture of cars and drivers
BTC RacingHonda Civic????On TBL Entry List
MotorbaseFord Focus????On TBL Entry List
Simpson RacingHonda Civic?Simpson?On TBL Entry List - Rumoured to have vocalised a withdrawal
Team ParkerBMW ????On TBL Entry List

Likely Entries   
HARDVW CCCrees?tags HARD on social media

Possible Entries   
???Jag ?CreesRumoured by Crees in a Facebook interview
Not Motorbase???ChiltonHas been critical of the Focus in the press
??????EdwardsHas stated that she no longer drives in Clio Cup. Website is worded to suggest she is on the grid for 2020
HARDVW CCThompson?Claims to have exciting 2020 news on social media soon
HARDVW CCCoates?Gilham #tagging?
WSR?BMW 330i?JordanLost Pirtek sponsorship, says he wants to stay in the BTCC, but only with WSR

Entries with doubt   
??????SheddenSpeculation about wanting a return
??????M.JacksonLinked to half of the teams on the grid
??????BlundellStated that he is undecided about a 2020 return
???Subaru Levorg???Car not viable as NGTC entry
???Subaru Levorg???Car not viable as NGTC entry
???MB A-Class???Car on sale from Laser Tools
???MG6???Excelr8 switched to Hyundai
???MG6???Excelr8 switched to Hyundai

Old 13 Dec 2019, 15:14 (Ref:3946534)   #1853
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Latest tweet from BTC.

Cook is tagged in tweet, with a #WeAreBTC

https://twitter.com/btc_racing/statu...092668928?s=19
Old 13 Dec 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3946537)   #1854
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Latest tweet from BTC.

Cook is tagged in tweet, with a #WeAreBTC

https://twitter.com/btc_racing/statu...092668928?s=19
Probably because it's a picture of Josh Cook.

Though it sounds like he's working hard to be back with BTC regardless.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3946539)   #1855
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Probably because it's a picture of Josh Cook.

Though it sounds like he's working hard to be back with BTC regardless.
Yeah, I get that he is tagged because of the picture.
But interesting that they chose a picture of Cook in relation to posting about 2020......
Old 13 Dec 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3946541)   #1856
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, I get that he is tagged because of the picture.
But interesting that they chose a picture of Cook in relation to posting about 2020......
Think they just wanted a picture of their driver on the podium... I wouldn't read anything into it!
Old 13 Dec 2019, 15:50 (Ref:3946544)   #1857
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Going to need a lot more power than that I would think. 200bhp in a one tonne car is nothing to write home about at that level. What's one of those going to cost? Probably 40k to 50k?
I think its ample power for a feeder series.

What did the first iteration of the Clios have? Was it 220bhp? What power did the old 90s Fiestas have? It can't have been more than 120bhp?
Old 13 Dec 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3946552)   #1858
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post

What did the first iteration of the Clios have? Was it 220bhp? What power did the old 90s Fiestas have? It can't have been more than 120bhp?
Like I said earlier though not really if they're aiming for the higher end of the club market. If they're aiming for the "rich kid out of karts" market then fine but no-one driving a 250bhp per tonne or more car is going to spend more money on one of those to go racing IMO. Like so many things these days motorsport related they seem to have come out with a product without defining the intended market for that product. Not sure what relevance the power figures from cars two decades ago is?
Old 13 Dec 2019, 17:51 (Ref:3946563)   #1859
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently there's NGTC car that ran in 2019 being tested this weekend by someone who has never been on the grid previously. Likewise the crew running it. Some trackday attendees in the morning should get a nice surprise.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3946572)   #1860
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post

The Fiestas were only 90bhp.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3946584)   #1861
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Apparently there's NGTC car that ran in 2019 being tested this weekend by someone who has never been on the grid previously. Likewise the crew running it. Some trackday attendees in the morning should get a nice surprise.
🤔
Old 13 Dec 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3946591)   #1862
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So unless you believe differently, someone has bought some old kit as a track day car or for TCT, so not a 2020 rumor in any way.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3946596)   #1863
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are few cars not returning from this year

the MG, the old Infiniti , the Subarus maybe one of the VW (or likely kept as spare)
Old 13 Dec 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3946597)   #1864
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
So unless you believe differently, someone has bought some old kit as a track day car or for TCT, so not a 2020 rumor in any way.
?

But still interesting to know. I'd like to see who / what car it is.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 22:20 (Ref:3946622)   #1865
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
there are few cars not returning from this year

the MG, the old Infiniti , the Subarus maybe one of the VW (or likely kept as spare)
More than 70 NGTC cars have been built to date, so you'd typically expect about 9 new builds per season.

Only 4 new builds confirmed so far I think doesn't seem abnormal?
Old 13 Dec 2019, 22:25 (Ref:3946623)   #1866
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Only 4 new builds confirmed so far I think doesn't seem abnormal?
5 surely?
Two Infiniti
Two Hyundai
1 Honda
Old 13 Dec 2019, 22:31 (Ref:3946624)   #1867
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
5 surely?
Two Infiniti
Two Hyundai
1 Honda
Assuming the Honda you refer to is the BTC 3rd car?

On a pedantic note, I don't think they've confirmed a new build - but yes, I think the final count for new builds is expected to be 8, so bang on average.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 23:22 (Ref:3946629)   #1868
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Alfa Giuletta        1  
Audi A4 2  1      
Audi S3    1  1   
BMW 125   3 1     
BMW 330         3 
Chevrolet Cruze   111     
Ford Focus  1211 1   
Honda Civic FK2  51  1 1  
Honda Civic FK8        22 
Hyunadai i30          2
Infiniti Q50     2    2
Mercedes A-Class    11 1   
MG6  21       
Proton Persona 1  1      
Subaru Levorg      4    
Toyota Avensis131 111    
Toyota Corolla         1 
Vauxhall Astra       2   
Vauxhall Insignia 1 1       
Volkswagen CC   22      

This is based on the season in which each chassis first appeared. In some cases the built was started earlier but not completed until some time later.

2020 has only the 4 cars (2x Infinti, 2x Hyundai) announced so far. There will be more to add.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 23:32 (Ref:3946631)   #1869
Evantra
Veteran

England
Wow, can't believe NGTC is 10 years old already!
Old 14 Dec 2019, 02:15 (Ref:3946635)   #1870
CD34
Rookie

CD34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Going to hazard a guess at the team in question being Reflex Racing GB, they had the old Audi A4 out in Britcar a few years back as well as having the odd touring car here and there. It’s just a guess mind.
Old 14 Dec 2019, 06:40 (Ref:3946645)   #1871
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Wow, can't believe NGTC is 10 years old already!
To be fair, only a Toyota ran a few demo laps with Thommo at the wheel in 2010. It started proper in 2011
Old 14 Dec 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3946696)   #1872
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wouldn't be a clever move from Dick to put Turks in a different car ? this way he can sell another 3 series to the Turkington family if he gets another title instead of just 1
Old 14 Dec 2019, 16:30 (Ref:3946704)   #1873
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMR Racing have had the latest compulsory strike-off action discontinued, but still no sign of the 2018 accounts which are nearly 3 months overdue.

You have to wonder if BMR will even exist by the start of the season.
Old 14 Dec 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3946708)   #1874
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
BMR Racing have had the latest compulsory strike-off action discontinued, but still no sign of the 2018 accounts which are nearly 3 months overdue.

You have to wonder if BMR will even exist by the start of the season.
They don't, they've been bought by Laser.
Old 14 Dec 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3946709)   #1875
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Warren and Robert Scott are the only 2 directors of the company and it is listed as still being at Buntingford so I doubt if the Moffats have bought anything tangible, just the TBL's.