Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 13 Jan 2011, 18:37 (Ref:2815342)   #176
formula_fan
Racer

formula_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
Just out of interest what are British F3 budgets these days? I remember a few years ago they were around £750k per season.
I think a budget for a decent team is around this. The budgets for some other teams further down the field vary a lot more but are roughly between £450k and £600k depending on quality of the team.

Good to see Tincknell confirmed, still yet to see a real standout driver in it though for this year. I hope Carlin have got something up their sleeve as per normal! They still have another driver yet to announce don't they?
Old 13 Jan 2011, 19:47 (Ref:2815369)   #177
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_fan View Post
Good to see Tincknell confirmed, still yet to see a real standout driver in it though for this year. I hope Carlin have got something up their sleeve as per normal! They still have another driver yet to announce don't they?
As far as I can see it's between Magnussen and Nasr at the moment. As it's the sixth and last driver I don't think Carlin will have a revelation for us, but he could still be a contender.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2815380)   #178
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
As far as I can see it's between Magnussen and Nasr at the moment. As it's the sixth and last driver I don't think Carlin will have a revelation for us, but he could still be a contender.
strider do you mean it's between those two as 'standout' drivers for the year?
Old 13 Jan 2011, 20:29 (Ref:2815390)   #179
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Yes.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2815398)   #180
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Ok, thought so, just checking.

Magnussen is the interesting one for me, If Vergne managed all those wins last season, maybe Kevin can go and try and beat his old man's record!
Old 13 Jan 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2815407)   #181
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post
The 'reverse grid' - like the performance weight penalty - is a perversion of all that motorsport stands for. The best driver/car/team should win on merit, not because of a handicap advantage.

Can you imagine the Olympics or any other major world sport adopting such a system? Of course not.

If you just want to see a motorsport 'show', go to dirt-track speedway.
There is also another angle, usually at the front are those with the biggest unfair advantage - $$$. So the reverse grid races helps those w/o big budgets to get some extra publicity and chance to show that they're capable of leading a race from the front. These races are good for keeping the field numbers good & giving some hope to those at the back.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2815438)   #182
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Magnussen is the interesting one for me, If Vergne managed all those wins last season, maybe Kevin can go and try and beat his old man's record!
I've been wondering about that one. However, even if he does it will be from 30 races, not 18 as Jan had!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
There is also another angle, usually at the front are those with the biggest unfair advantage - $$$. So the reverse grid races helps those w/o big budgets to get some extra publicity and chance to show that they're capable of leading a race from the front. These races are good for keeping the field numbers good & giving some hope to those at the back.
That's exactly the point, plus there are three races and the partly reversed grid is the shortest at 20 minutes.

Also, if it's good enough for FRenault 3.5 and GP2, it should be good enough for BF3.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 23:08 (Ref:2815458)   #183
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The 'reverse grid' - like the performance weight penalty - is a perversion of all that motorsport stands for. The best driver/car/team should win on merit, not because of a handicap advantage.

I agree with that. There are several professional "show racing" championships too - Nascar, Argentine Top Race, Superleague Formula. Grid reversing makes sense in that type of championships. But not in those supposed to "educate" drivers like low-level formulas.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 00:16 (Ref:2815480)   #184
alias99
Racer

alias99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom Blomqvist is yet to sign. Its a long shot but he could end up at Carlin, that would make things quite interesting.

However in my opinion Magnussen is the one to beat this year. He should take the title followed by Nasr.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2816063)   #185
Peter Cammish
Rookie

Peter Cammish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will be a Carlin driver but I am interested to know why Magnusson is favourite for the title, I think British F3 looks pretty open this year.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 14:21 (Ref:2816066)   #186
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can somebody post the 2011 calander with actual dates (not just months) please - I can't find it anywhere
Old 15 Jan 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2816085)   #187
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed I can not understand why Magnussen is considered favorite. Ok he has a year's experience but in my opinion he is not as talented as Nasr and Harvey
Old 15 Jan 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2816091)   #188
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Can somebody post the 2011 calander with actual dates (not just months) please - I can't find it anywhere
15-16 Apr Monza
23-25 Apr (Saturday and Monday only) Oulton Park
14-15 May Snetterton
18-19 Jun Brands Hatch
16-17 Jul Paul Ricard
29-30 Jul Spa-Francorchamps
3-4 Sep Rockingham
10-11 Sep Nurburgring
24-25 Sep Donington
8-9 Oct Silverstone
Old 15 Jan 2011, 16:21 (Ref:2816100)   #189
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
Indeed I can not understand why Magnussen is considered favorite. Ok he has a year's experience but in my opinion he is not as talented as Nasr and Harvey
He was comfortably quicker than both at Valencia...
Old 15 Jan 2011, 17:41 (Ref:2816115)   #190
formula_fan
Racer

formula_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But I'm sure he would have known the Valencia track better than his rivals as he won a race in the Euroseries there this year. On the British tracks Nasr will be the one to beat, Harvey has a lot to learn to be challenging straight away.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2816202)   #191
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
There's a whole lot more information here and you can download the season presentation as a PDF file.

You can also check out the Series' new logo.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2816241)   #192
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_fan View Post
But I'm sure he would have known the Valencia track better than his rivals as he won a race in the Euroseries there this year. On the British tracks Nasr will be the one to beat, Harvey has a lot to learn to be challenging straight away.
They all ran together for 4 days, how much more time do they need!!
Old 16 Jan 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2816324)   #193
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave not neil View Post
They all ran together for 4 days, how much more time do they need!!
Very good point!

So far as Blomqvist is concerned, he tested with Fortec and I'm sure they would love to sign him, or maybe Double R.
Old 17 Jan 2011, 21:04 (Ref:2817023)   #194
Vintage Aston
Rookie

Ireland
Vintage Aston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Can you imagine the Olympics or any other major world sport adopting such a system? Of course not.

Why does golf have a handicap? And over there in Aussie land, isnt there a famous race run on handicap in Stawell? Its to show who has the true strength to beat all others - even if they start behind them.
Old 18 Jan 2011, 20:39 (Ref:2817501)   #195
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fairuz Fauzy joins Lotus Renault F1 as test driver:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=42802

Another former British F3 driver gets a part time F1 role. No doubt this story
will be mentioned on the official F3 site along with Sergio Perez signing for Sauber, which still doesn't appear to have been acknowledged!
Old 20 Jan 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2818203)   #196
alias99
Racer

alias99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Foresti confirmed with Fortec now as well.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 21:12 (Ref:2818524)   #197
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Fairuz Fauzy joins Lotus Renault F1 as test driver:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=42802

Another former British F3 driver gets a part time F1 role. No doubt this story
will be mentioned on the official F3 site along with Sergio Perez signing for Sauber, which still doesn't appear to have been acknowledged!
I actually prompted them to report the Sergio Perez signing, but they still did nothing.

There's supposed to be another website on the way, maybe with different people involved so the present ones have probably lost interest.
Old 24 Jan 2011, 20:59 (Ref:2820089)   #198
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
There's supposed to be another website on the way, maybe with different people involved so the present ones have probably lost interest.
Official site seems to have been updated with 2011 race calendar,teams registered, and countdown to first race etc........so somebody is updating it. Maybe the Perez story will make it on there!
Old 26 Jan 2011, 10:53 (Ref:2820756)   #199
Frosty11
Rookie

Frosty11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rarely heard hitech racing mentioned. Are they actually in british f3 this year and who do you think will be driving for them?
Old 26 Jan 2011, 15:09 (Ref:2820878)   #200
JVD
Rookie

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty11 View Post
rarely heard hitech racing mentioned. Are they actually in british f3 this year and who do you think will be driving for them?
Yeah it's weird.. I thought they had already confirmed Fantin but they didn't.. maybe Foresti will join Hitech?

And who is in the 6th Carlin car? Jaafar? or does he want to try 3.5 next to Vergne? because Carlin have only confirmed Vergne for the 3.5

Tags
formula three