Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jul 2001, 15:59 (Ref:124384)   #1
renaultbel
Racer

renaultbel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Racing Serie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is going to be a new Car Racing Serie. It is a serie with all the best football teams of Europe. Leeds, Real Madrid and Anderlecht have allready sign the Contract. The first year there are going to be 10 race's and a couple of years later 18 race's. The cars are not so fast like F1 but they are faster than F3000. The driver for Anderlecht is Bas Leinders. The engine's in every car is Dallare I think, and it is going to be a V10. Every car is going to have the same colors like the Football team and they are going to get the same sponsors on it. Every year that a team is in this serie they get 1 mil$ this is without the merchandising. This story is true, I just have read it.
Old 31 Jul 2001, 16:22 (Ref:124392)   #2
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My initial response is one of scepticism, but it sounds interesting.

Do you have any more information? Who is behind this?
Old 31 Jul 2001, 16:26 (Ref:124395)   #3
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Premier1Grandprix

A few months ago, I read it in a Dutch newspaper and also on a few websites, but that were al Dutch. The serie calls Premier 1 Grandprix. They also have a website, but there's nothing on yet.

http://www.premier1grandprix.com/
Old 31 Jul 2001, 16:40 (Ref:124402)   #4
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
sounds like euro irl to me.

maybe rubens can get the number 1 drive for the liverpool team.
Old 31 Jul 2001, 17:08 (Ref:124416)   #5
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is horrible news. (See my response in "Junior Formulae" for further elaboration )
Old 31 Jul 2001, 20:05 (Ref:124452)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
This topic has been discussed here several times over the past couple of months - each time I cannot remember seeing any particularly favourable views on the matter... why would football and motorsport suddenly need to get in bed together ? Simply doesn't make any sense at all...
Old 31 Jul 2001, 21:23 (Ref:124479)   #7
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't want to state the obvious but seems they have had advice that current F1 fans won't switch over to the new formula so how do we build up a large base of fans for the least possible outlay. These soccer teams have literally thousands of fans.....etc etc etc

I can't help thinking of some of the threads here where we have discussed crowd behaviour etc Soccer supporters at car racing meets.
Lets hope they don't end up having to fence off different areas of the grandstand due to over zealous fans.
Old 31 Jul 2001, 21:35 (Ref:124481)   #8
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems just like another championship for aspiring drivers - however, I feel it will be the team that attracts the attention and not the driver.
Old 31 Jul 2001, 22:09 (Ref:124492)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
This topic has been discussed here several times over the past couple of months - each time I cannot remember seeing any particularly favourable views on the matter... why would football and motorsport suddenly need to get in bed together ? Simply doesn't make any sense at all...
Once again, one step ahead of me.

Football, is the most popular sport in the world. The money that runs in this business is fantastic !!!

F1 is in a privileged level too, billions of spectators and $$$$$$ flowing through !!!!

Why this series ???

Non-sense.
Old 31 Jul 2001, 22:23 (Ref:124501)   #10
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Instead of this nonsense why not try to raise the profile of F3000 by advertising it a bit and giving it a decent showing on terrestrial tv???

:confused:
Old 1 Aug 2001, 05:56 (Ref:124594)   #11
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... and lengthening the races again, and perhaps adding a pit stop to make it more exciting?
Old 1 Aug 2001, 06:19 (Ref:124608)   #12
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This idea sounds like utter rubbish to me...
Old 1 Aug 2001, 07:09 (Ref:124620)   #13
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Europe's been in constant war with itself through out history, now replaced by sporting competitions. This is just another comp for the fans, plus it will make money.

Soon enough, all the big city's like ManU, Liverpool, Roma, Paris etc, will be involved in a Euro Superleague, with every different sport involved.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 07:31 (Ref:124623)   #14
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
Instead of this nonsense why not try to raise the profile of F3000 by advertising it a bit and giving it a decent showing on terrestrial tv???

:confused:
Completely agree Minardi Fan. F3000 is supposed to be the feeder series to F1, yet is relatively ignored by everyone except a few F1 teams who have 'junior' teams.

Instead of this 'Premier F1GP Series' or whatever it is, raise the standard of F3000 to make it popular. Perhaps move more events off shore to places such as Australia, Japan and America.

Worldwide coverage of the series would also gather sponsors, enhance the profiles of the drivers competing in the series and gather more money for Bernie!!! Instead of starting a completely new series, how about the FIA take care of the series already competing!!!

As for this new Premier series, it sounds like complete bull**** to me. I won't be watching.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 08:49 (Ref:124639)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'll reiterate what i said in the junior forum.

it'll turn into a f palmer audi, and lose out because none of the big names have the commitment to go to race in it. no sponsors = no racing.

see junior forum about my ideas for f3000 too.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 10:56 (Ref:124667)   #16
R
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Instead of this 'Premier F1GP Series' or whatever it is, raise the standard of F3000 to make it popular. Perhaps move more events off shore to places such as Australia, Japan and America.
Going to Brazil for the first time this year is a start, and I believe for the first time at Monza as well. I agree with you, F3000 should take further steps in this direction, preferably racing at all F1 venues in 2-3 years time.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 11:52 (Ref:124700)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And it works !!!!!

For the first time brazilian TV is broadcasting the F3000 series, and
believe me, many people are telling it's better than F1.

I liked very much the German GP.
Old 3 Aug 2001, 14:26 (Ref:125607)   #18
Pieter
Rookie

Pieter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The project is real. An investment group has made a link to football to make some money on merchandising. They've paid football clubs around 300.000 pounds to buy the rights. The plan includes Dallara chassis for every team with a sealed 750 bhp Judd V10 to ensure close competition. In comparison with Formula 1 they're nowhere of course, but it could provide some good track action, especially on tracks that don't host a F1 Grand Prix. They are more than welcome at Zandvoort, if you ask me.
Old 3 Aug 2001, 19:04 (Ref:125656)   #19
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It will be good if they visit many non-F1 tracks. Brno, Zandvort etc, even some races in the UK would be good.
Old 4 Aug 2001, 18:04 (Ref:125861)   #20
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's being organised by some marketing group from Essex, would you believe, who probably have a mild interest in both "sports" (or rather businesses, in Bernie's words) and want to be involved for the same reason that Mr. Ecclestone is. There were a few rumours about Formula Football in early September last year, with an Article in F1 racing ("Second Division GPs," in the one with JV on the front).

Has anyone heard of ISSC? It's another new Euro series which is a bit like F3, apparently
Old 4 Aug 2001, 18:35 (Ref:125865)   #21
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ISSC has been renamed Formula Chevrolet Euroseries.It so far has managed one round at Zandvoot,with 4 cars. Another case IMHO of lack of market research to discover when a proposed product was needed.

Last edited by Rob29; 4 Aug 2001 at 18:36.
Old 6 Aug 2001, 21:27 (Ref:126771)   #22
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nicholaswhite
It's being organised by some marketing group from Essex, would you believe
*Investment group, that is