Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Jul 2005, 07:02 (Ref:1348505)   #1
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Tour Britannia

Anyone out there who is an experienced navigator available for Tour in pre war speed section.Please contact me.Understand from Fred some regularity slots left,all those speed sections on the cheap!
Old 6 Jul 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1348969)   #2
Fred Gallagher
Rookie

Fred Gallagher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To fill in a bit of detail, John has entered the three victorious 1934 Alpine Trial Talbot 105s for Gareth Burnett and James Diffey in Competition and himself in Regularity. A great boost for the event.
Old 7 Jul 2005, 06:48 (Ref:1349303)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Forgot to say ,just need a navigator, no money required
Old 7 Jul 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1349352)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
John I wish I was free and had teh necessary skillset to take you up on your very generous offer. I have emailed you on a seperate subject, all the best Simon
Old 7 Jul 2005, 09:00 (Ref:1349376)   #5
edmcd
Rookie

edmcd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tout Brit

Message to John Ruston

I did the first Avon Tour of britain for Ford, and would like to cover this event as a participant for Vintage racecar Journal, etc. Woulod be interested in being a co-driver.

Ed McDonough
Old 7 Jul 2005, 14:25 (Ref:1349615)   #6
roadmap
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
roadmap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Anyone out there who is an experienced navigator available for Tour in pre war speed section.Please contact me.Understand from Fred some regularity slots left,all those speed sections on the cheap!
John
Dont know this event. Is it purely Talbots or other prewar cars.
Dont know if you remember. I once spoke to you in regards to Altas, as I had thought about one and I met an associate of yours in Reading but nothing transpired. I did though give him an Alta fleece for you (made in UAE)
Stewart
Old 8 Jul 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1350256)   #7
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Its the U.K.'s answer to the Tour Auto and Tour Espania.Two Talbots in the comp. section aqnd one with me and my regular navigator in the regularity. Ed, Garath will contact you next week or via Fred when he returns from the shambles at Porto.
Old 8 Jul 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1350429)   #8
edmcd
Rookie

edmcd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John:
Thanks. I have spoken to Gareth and will stay in touch with him. I hope we can do something...the team would be good to a piece on!

Ed McDonough
Old 9 Jul 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1350943)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Gallagher
To fill in a bit of detail, John has entered the three victorious 1934 Alpine Trial Talbot 105s for Gareth Burnett and James Diffey in Competition and himself in Regularity. A great boost for the event.
Truly wonderful! Shades of the late Anthony Blight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
John I wish I was free and had teh necessary skillset to take you up on your very generous offer.
Likewise!
Old 7 Aug 2005, 09:40 (Ref:1374169)   #10
roadmap
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
roadmap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tour Brittania info

The Tour Brittania website gives all the details of the event and is well worth reading . http://www.tourbritannia.com/