Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 12 Dec 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3178116)   #1
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
C7 Corvette

Since the reveal of the 2014 C7 is a little over a month away (1/13/12 @ Detriot Auto Show) I thought I'd make a thread for fans of the Plastic Fantastic. I heard tickets for the unveiling were going for $1500.

They've done a pretty damn good job of keeping this thing under wraps. Here are a few spy shot thus far:

There have been many renderings, but this is the latest I've seen (from C&D):
Old 12 Dec 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3178121)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here is the new LT1 V8 that will power it:

This is the fifth gen GM small block. It is based on the LS3 block but adds direct injection, VVT, and cylinder deactivation. 420hp is expected. Fuel mileage is stated to be 27mpg, however, real world highway mileage will be higher as I consistently get 26 out of my LS2. I think the biggest news with this engine is the 11.5:1 compression. That means with even a mild cam and bolt ons we will be able to pull 500hp out of it. The LT1 is slightly more compact and is 4in smaller than the 4.4L BMW v8 in all directions.

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/...-block-v8.html
Old 12 Dec 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3178124)   #3
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Also, it was first thought that the round tail lights would be replaced with the square ones found on the Camaro. Fortunately, this is now thought to be not true and we will have four, round tail lights again.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 14:26 (Ref:3178683)   #4
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Here's a couple of teasers from GM. No real info here unfortunately...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-CQhimRXyU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=prdGxEFMYvE
Old 21 Dec 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3180874)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
A leak of sorts of the front end:

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/12/19/2...d-on-facebook/

Teaser part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aR5a_N0LQu0
Old 31 Dec 2012, 22:56 (Ref:3183418)   #6
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the C7 Vette has to be one of the worst kept secrets yet. Still looks epic though. Now Ford either needs to make the next Shelby GT500 something crazy or build something else. (RS200 or GT40 comeback would fit nicely)
Old 6 Jan 2013, 01:51 (Ref:3185351)   #7
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
I think the C7 Vette has to be one of the worst kept secrets yet. Still looks epic though. Now Ford either needs to make the next Shelby GT500 something crazy or build something else. (RS200 or GT40 comeback would fit nicely)
No one knows what it will look like yet, so I am confused by this statement? The most used rendering is the C&D one above. Most of the leaks are within the past couple of weeks and many of the ones for the C6 turned out to be wrong.

Last edited by JHamilton; 6 Jan 2013 at 01:59.
Old 11 Jan 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3187850)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Here's the last teaser video: http://jalopnik.com/c7-corvette/

The reveal will be streamed here: http://www.chevrolet.com/one13thirteen.html
Old 13 Jan 2013, 04:50 (Ref:3188415)   #9
GT-Driver
Rookie

Qatar
Doha-Qatar
GT-Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ATTENTION ALL !! DO NOT BUY This Vette yet. Those half-assed cars is what I call: "uncompleted projects".

Wait for sometime pay more and get the Z06 version or whatever pumped-up version of it. OR go down one step and get a Camaro SS or ZL1 if still on sale. I hate underdog cars. You pay almost 2 rd the price of the pumped up car but you get 2 rd of the performance and you get NOTHING of the charisma of the pumped up version. Or at least that is how I do with cars. Cheers.
Old 14 Jan 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3189036)   #10
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Driver View Post
ATTENTION ALL !! DO NOT BUY This Vette yet. Those half-assed cars is what I call: "uncompleted projects".

Wait for sometime pay more and get the Z06 version or whatever pumped-up version of it. OR go down one step and get a Camaro SS or ZL1 if still on sale. I hate underdog cars. You pay almost 2 rd the price of the pumped up car but you get 2 rd of the performance and you get NOTHING of the charisma of the pumped up version. Or at least that is how I do with cars. Cheers.
I have no idea what you are on about.
Old 14 Jan 2013, 16:40 (Ref:3189037)   #11
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Here it is:

http://wot.motortrend.com/revealing-...#axzz2Hy7thaGo

http://www.chevrolet.com/new-2014-corvette/

The seven speed gearbox is news.
Old 14 Jan 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3189042)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Electronic power steering. I've driven good electronic power steering and bad electronic power steering. First attempts by most manufacturers tend to be below par, but maybe that was back when this technology was unusual on road cars.
Old 14 Jan 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3189045)   #13
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Electronic power steering. I've driven good electronic power steering and bad electronic power steering. First attempts by most manufacturers tend to be below par, but maybe that was back when this technology was unusual on road cars.
Agreed, and I hate it full stop. GM has been using it on family sedans and SUVs for around five years. It sucks on BMWs and Porsches (according to their new owners) so I'm assuming that will be the case here. I guess we better get used to it though.
Old 14 Jan 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3189047)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is more efficient and tacks less power from the engine so reduces emissions.

I wasn't a fan, but I've come to like some of the later systems. Feedback can be good. And this from a guy who took gains out of an XJS because it's power steering was too much for the track.
Old 15 Jan 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3189359)   #15
GT-Driver
Rookie

Qatar
Doha-Qatar
GT-Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Idea?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I have no idea what you are on about.
No I dea?! OK I will try to make it clear for you. A new version of this vette is coming afterwards. It will be 1/3rd better performance. It will be called ZO6 or ZL-1 or whatever name. Just like they have been doing for years with the previous vettes.

The later car is the main project, it is the GODZILLA of chevy not the one which photo is posted above.

So I alwyas make a humble suggestion for those who want a car to "Up-Size their order" and get the better version of the car, usually it is worth the extra money, especially for the performance-demanding drivers. For others who just want "to-own a vette" and look cool it doesnt matter to them most of the time. Clear?!!!

Last edited by GT-Driver; 15 Jan 2013 at 11:13. Reason: addition
Old 15 Jan 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3189408)   #16
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Yes that makes more sense, however the vast majority of Corvettes are base models and ZL1s. I don't know if you noticed but Z06s and ZR1s are a little pricey for most of us.
Old 16 Aug 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3290471)   #17
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Reviews, vids and such are rolling in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc0UtjW-iPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NjYGtxClsM

Bowties.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:04 (Ref:3353513)   #18
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
http://jalopnik.com/2015-chevrolet-c...car-1499859928

Yeah, it's badass.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3354006)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Bloody brilliant. Drive it hard. I thought I was reading Troy Queef for a moment there.

Sniff mentions it in its Detroit round up. http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/01/14/th...-detroit-show/
On reflection it is probably too badass for Troy Queef from Dab Of Oppo magazine.

Old 15 Jan 2014, 00:29 (Ref:3354092)   #20
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Z06 makes the base Corvette Stingray look tame in comparison.

Definitely a winner!
Old 16 Jan 2014, 02:21 (Ref:3354520)   #21
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
I don't want, I need this thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUvE4TB27L4
Old 18 Feb 2014, 04:38 (Ref:3369557)   #22
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Great to see the manual gearbox!

Be good if you could buy a simple stripped out version too.

But you are right it is a lovely car, best performance road car I reckon!
Old 6 Jun 2014, 23:06 (Ref:3416388)   #23
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Here some news on the LT4: http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/.../0606-z06.html

Seems like it will get the job done.
Old 14 Jun 2014, 00:57 (Ref:3420160)   #24
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Here some news on the LT4: http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/.../0606-z06.html

Seems like it will get the job done.
Oh Yeah!

I see you live in a hilly neighbourhood too J!
Old 22 Jun 2014, 19:08 (Ref:3425049)   #25
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I drove one quite a bit on track earlier this year. It's better than previous Vette's but it's still a Vette.