Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2018 VASC?
#17 Scott McLaughlin - Shell V Power Ford 12 42.86%
#97 Shane Van Gisbergen - Red Bull Holden Racing Team 16 57.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Nov 2018, 01:34 (Ref:3865917)   #126
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
It had a big effect on the team and on Shane.
Says alot about Jdub then. Last year he went into Saturday with a points lead, got taken out of the race and finished 80 points down. Comes out Sunday full of confidence, brains everyone and wins.

Shane should watch Jamie more closely, or ask Scotty for his sports psychologists number.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 26 Nov 2018, 02:19 (Ref:3865925)   #127
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If it was any other sport they'd get done for match fixing.
not the first time (V8)Supercars and 'fixing' have been mentioned in the same sentence
Old 26 Nov 2018, 04:04 (Ref:3865942)   #128
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A well deserved Champion. Has been the fastest guy most of the year and good to see a non 888 car take out the Title.

I don't know how many points he scored in Adelaide but I feel he should have had at least a one meeting ban after his unseemly antics in Newcastle last year an act which was a silly spur of the moment decision unlike Scott's usual very sportsmanship.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 04:07 (Ref:3865943)   #129
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
I don't know how many points he scored in Adelaide but I feel he should have had at least a one meeting ban after his unseemly antics in Newcastle last year an act which was a silly spur of the moment decision unlike Scott's usual very sportsmanship.
Are you talking about the prang with Lowndes? Or trolling?

Careless perhaps but not deliberate or unsportsmanlike - just a rush of blood on a very big day.

The calmness with which he let Davey go when he knew he had done enough is testament to the lesson her learnt that day.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 04:57 (Ref:3865951)   #130
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

The calmness with which he let Davey go when he knew he had done enough is testament to the lesson her learnt that day.
When the order to let him go is sent from Mr Penske himself then you sit up and take notice, and do as you are told! (I saw the order passed on to a team member from Penske himself, and Roger mentioned same in the post race interview with him)

Happy for Scott to win the title, and T888 have only themselves to blame for being slack under pressure re the air jacks released before the refuelling hose was out.

In the end their lack of Sunday pace with the #97 resulted in a win for the DJRTP team, regardless of Saturday's T888 penalty .
Old 26 Nov 2018, 05:44 (Ref:3865960)   #131
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
When the order to let him go is sent from Mr Penske himself then you sit up and take notice, and do as you are told! (I saw the order passed on to a team member from Penske himself, and Roger mentioned same in the post race interview with him) .
Ryan Story did mention that the plan was always to let Reynolds go. Maybe someone forgot to tell Scott.

It did make for great theater on TV watching Kathy Penske yelling "let him go by", as Roger calmly got up out of his seat and walked over to Ryan and remind him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 26 Nov 2018, 06:13 (Ref:3865963)   #132
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's not true. You try and turn up energised and rareing to go 100% the next day after you've just been on the short end of the stick. It had a big effect on the team and on Shane, and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. I've never heard Shane say anything negative in interviews about anything no matter what had happened, but one Sunday he did it multiple times, having a go directly at Supercars. That's how much it irked him and the team.
LOL. Reminds me of his chatter over the radio at Stone Bros. at Hamilton.

You don't earn respect by throwing the toys out of the pram with a race to go and still in the hunt, you do it by going out and fighting til the end, ala JW at Newcastle on the Sunday last year.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 06:14 (Ref:3865964)   #133
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I read somewhere that Crusher was given Mr McLaughlin’s hemet in exchange for support in the early days of his career.

Wonder if that largesse extended to getting this sorted...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Nov 2018, 08:05 (Ref:3865972)   #134
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If it was any other sport they'd get done for match fixing.
Racing is pretty much the only form of sport that I follow, but I'm always interested about bits of trivia like this. Sounds like there would be some pretty good stories as match fixing isn't the sort of thing that is thrown around lightly! Can you give me some examples?
Old 27 Nov 2018, 03:42 (Ref:3866242)   #135
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There were a number of Xtrac transmission people on the grid today. Wonder whose car(s) their gear is in this weekend?
In and out of BJR a lot
Old 27 Nov 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3866288)   #136
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I read somewhere that Crusher was given Mr McLaughlin’s hemet in exchange for support in the early days of his career.

Wonder if that largesse extended to getting this sorted...

Scott is a good guy but his early career was guided by others.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 12:12 (Ref:3866312)   #137
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Scott is a good guy but his early career was guided by others.
His name is on the door even if someone else owned the door.... or ordered and bought the door & may or may not have paid for it....

That there are no positives for the success from the principals suggests the issue never got cleaned up... when perhaps it had every opportunity to do so
Old 27 Nov 2018, 12:31 (Ref:3866313)   #138
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Running a Pty Ltd company solely for the labour of one person is frowned upon in any case, and you'd wonder how badly it would reflect on someone if this actually got investigated.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3866439)   #139
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Running a Pty Ltd company solely for the labour of one person is frowned upon in any case, and you'd wonder how badly it would reflect on someone if this actually got investigated.
No it's not; in fact many years ago the minimum number of shareholders was reduced from 2 to 1 to facilitate situations such as that.

Anyway, digging up reasons to try and divert attention from Scotty's and DJRTP's amazing and well-deserved 2018 championship win seems very petty.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3866456)   #140
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if Ross has preordered his copy of Scott’s book Road To Redemption?
Old 27 Nov 2018, 23:19 (Ref:3866480)   #141
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
No it's not; in fact many years ago the minimum number of shareholders was reduced from 2 to 1 to facilitate situations such as that.

Anyway, digging up reasons to try and divert attention from Scotty's and DJRTP's amazing and well-deserved 2018 championship win seems very petty.
Not petty at all. We are speaking to the character of a driver who has now been named a Champion of the sport, and as such represents the sport as Champion in all his dealings in future.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3866481)   #142
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't it his old man that was ruling the roost?
Old 27 Nov 2018, 23:25 (Ref:3866483)   #143
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So champion has chequered past, sport he represents has chequered past... There's a nice synergy to that
Old 27 Nov 2018, 23:32 (Ref:3866485)   #144
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Not petty at all. We are speaking to the character of a driver who has now been named a Champion of the sport, and as such represents the sport as Champion in all his dealings in future.
So you're saying champions are not allowed to have financial issues in a sport which is governed by, and consumes vast amounts of, money?

If so, that's utterly ridiculous.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 00:06 (Ref:3866488)   #145
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
So you're saying champions are not allowed to have financial issues in a sport which is governed by, and consumes vast amounts of, money?

If so, that's utterly ridiculous.
You are either good for your word or you are not. It is kinda binary.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 00:19 (Ref:3866491)   #146
Forda
Veteran

I think most will be able to see through what is essentially a thinly-veiled dig at DJRTP.

Again, quite petty; and remembering too they're one of only two teams to have broken through the 888 championship dominance of the last decade; and they've done that twice now.

Credit where credit is due should be the approach here.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3866496)   #147
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I think most will be able to see through what is essentially a thinly-veiled dig at DJRTP.

Again, quite petty; and remembering too they're one of only two teams to have broken through the 888 championship dominance of the last decade; and they've done that twice now.

‘Most’ would be wrong, as you seem to be..
Old 28 Nov 2018, 23:54 (Ref:3866729)   #148
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You are either good for your word or you are not. It is kinda binary.
Absolutely.

Quote:

If DJRTP were the shining light you think they are, with this mess still hanging around they would tell Scotty to get it sorted out asap and put it to bed. It's not like they can't russle up some funds in the unlikely event Scotty is a bit short.
Old 29 Nov 2018, 00:48 (Ref:3866737)   #149
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which marketing guru came up with the global city moniker?
Old 29 Nov 2018, 01:59 (Ref:3866752)   #150
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Given that screenshot above was dated as 2015, who knows if it was ever resolved?