Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old Today, 17:03 (Ref:3928361)   #106
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Under "normal" circumstances yes, however TOCA have implemented restrictions on the BMW this year which are marque specific like the ride height adjustment and lower boost pressure. So if a Honda driver does win it this year, then I think it will be a title somewhat undeserved. The BMW's had a purple patch at the mid point of the year and they were (in my view) unfairly punished for it. Now the rest of the grid is performing "better", the restrictions are still in place on the BMWs. Looking at the speed trap times, the BMWs are rarely in the top 10, so targetting their straight line performance is just an easy win for TOCA.
Old Today, 17:13 (Ref:3928362)   #107
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Always irks me a bit when people trot out the "other teams should build a better car" line.

What were other teams supposed to do about the Subaru? Build a few thousand special cars with boxer engines?

With the BMW if a lot of the advantage is from it's aero then that's a basic function of the body shape which again other teams can't do a lot about especially if they are early on in their own cars cycle.

Costs would go through the roof and the grid numbers would fall like a stone without the equalisation measures in place. There are many arguing that the BMW's haven't been pegged back enough as they still manage to run right at the front with maximum ballast.

As for Dan I don't have an issue with him winning the championship. Turkington and Prialux have managed to win many touring car titles by plugging away and picking up the points without setting the world alight. Consistency is everything in racing. I've seen many a clubman series won by someone who managed to finish 3rd, 4th or 5th in every round while others won a couple before blowing up and missing rounds etc.
Old Today, 17:54 (Ref:3928370)   #108
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Under "normal" circumstances yes, however TOCA have implemented restrictions on the BMW this year which are marque specific like the ride height adjustment
ride height adjustment was part of centre of gravity adjustment for all rear drive cars this year not just the 3 series!
Old Today, 18:45 (Ref:3928384)   #109
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wonder if Cammish will keep that pledge he made to Jordan publicly at Oulton interview that he will race very fair with him
Old Today, 21:26 (Ref:3928407)   #110
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Consistency, and winning a championship because of it is a good thing in my books. The example I always trot out is Nelson Piquets last championship in the Williams. He safely and sensibly followed other cars home and had more second place finishes than I've eaten pies. Others like Mansell may have won more but they also failed to finish more. He with the most points wins. Like a football league. Or a pub quiz.

I'd rather see consistency than the lottery that is NASCARs playoff system...
Old Today, 21:27 (Ref:3928408)   #111
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
wonder if Cammish will keep that pledge he made to Jordan publicly at Oulton interview that he will race very fair with him
I can't remember Dan driving anything other than cleanly. My memory is failing, so I could be wrong but he behaves like a choir boy from what I can recollect!
Old Today, 22:18 (Ref:3928414)   #112
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Dan is hard but fair, only dishing it out when he feels the need to. He has always driven like this. And he's very humble despite being a bit outspoken at times