Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3934717)   #5201
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Thanks, but it was just something I found as I had never heard it before
No kidding!
Old 15 Oct 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3934734)   #5202
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Baub we are all kidding
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Oct 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3934735)   #5203
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Could almost be something from the 60s.
It could be Peter I can even play this on my guitar I still have the original LP the one with the bike sound at the start.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Oct 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3934738)   #5204
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It could be Peter I can even play this on my guitar I still have the original LP the one with the bike sound at the start.
I was merely pointing out the copyright infringement.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3934741)   #5205
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I recon I can sing the words Gordon .Fancy a You Tube sing along . I will get some practice in on my way to Paul Richard . Can you here me ???
Old 15 Oct 2019, 18:31 (Ref:3934742)   #5206
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Baub we are all kidding
OK! You all had me there!
Old 16 Oct 2019, 05:42 (Ref:3934847)   #5207
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Good to see you smiling again, Bob. When delta says "can you hear me" I think its related to his old truck having lost its exhaust pipe, not to this any charity business… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC59-CHjkfU
PS Dunno if I should say exhaust pipe or muffler………
Old 16 Oct 2019, 06:55 (Ref:3934854)   #5208
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Good to see you smiling again, Bob. When delta says "can you hear me" I think its related to his old truck having lost its exhaust pipe, not to this any charity business… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC59-CHjkfU
PS Dunno if I should say exhaust pipe or muffler………
Gerry, a muffler is a woolly scarf, worn around the neck to keep it warm in winter, or might also refer to a women who does not like men.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3934884)   #5209
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I was merely pointing out the copyright infringement.
Having run a YouTube site for a number of years I get a threatening email from them for all of the films that I make with a backing track unless I use a non copyright one or make it myself, even then you get aggro if it resembles someone else's music It just means that I can't make any money from it as they stick adverts at the start and the owners of the copyright get it
Old 16 Oct 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3934888)   #5210
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gordon I do know this kind of feeling…*I posted a video taken at Spa from my Capri and asked Terence to quote it. I got a very polite answer and this Gentleman avoided to use the "rubbish" or "poor driving" words!

Tanks to you Bob, I know I met a lot of mufflers now. At least, they didn't like me!
Old 16 Oct 2019, 10:59 (Ref:3934933)   #5211
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I often wonder how much things are made for when I see the retail price in the shops. Very often things can be cheaper or "a lot" cheaper on eBay and I will buy from the latter if the saving is worth it and I don't need it at that moment.
Yesterday I went out to buy a couple of 14inch wiper blades for a mate and could not believe that I found some good quality ones just down the road for €2.90 ! these are a lot cheaper than I can buy from my trade supplier in the UK. Now normally stuff like this is dearer in Spain so I went online to check the cheapest that I could get and I couldn't find any (probably crap) within a couple of euros or so. This is to show what an amazing fulfilling interesting life I live down here in the sun
Old 16 Oct 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3934978)   #5212
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Wipers! You say wipers? See that, Boobool, Gordon says wipers. The question is why are they so cheap in a beautiful and sunny area and so expensive in an ugly, cold, windy and rainy one… Wipers, Gordon? THE story of my life!! You made my day, honest! Next time tell us more about spark plugs!
Aspirin anyone? Half a potato may be………
Old 16 Oct 2019, 16:50 (Ref:3934996)   #5213
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Wipers! You say wipers? See that, Boobool, Gordon says wipers. The question is why are they so cheap in a beautiful and sunny area and so expensive in an ugly, cold, windy and rainy one… Wipers, Gordon? THE story of my life!! You made my day, honest! Next time tell us more about spark plugs!
Aspirin anyone? Half a potato may be………
I'll see your wipers and raise you an Essuie-glace.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 17:25 (Ref:3934999)   #5214
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'll try to avoid any confusion between wipers and mufflers now… Quite a challenge!
Old 17 Oct 2019, 14:10 (Ref:3935194)   #5215
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I’ve been so busy with Delta movements I am ashamed to say we have forgot Mikes very special birthday .Two days ago and his 70 th . Caught up with him here at Paul Richard .So altogether “.Happy Birthday Mike .”
Old 17 Oct 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3935196)   #5216
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I’ve been so busy with Delta movements I am ashamed to say we have forgot Mikes very special birthday .Two days ago and his 70 th . Caught up with him here at Paul Richard .So altogether “.Happy Birthday Mike .”
Does that mean he'll start wearing socks and sandals when in shorts then?

Many congratulations Mike!
Old 17 Oct 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3935197)   #5217
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy birthday Mike. Hope it was a good one.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3935198)   #5218
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy belated Birthday Mike.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 14:41 (Ref:3935199)   #5219
bauble
Veteran

England
I feel a brand new avatar coming on.

Enjoy the next twelve months, Mike. after all, you are only seventy once in your life time.

Respectfully yours,

bauble.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3935200)   #5220
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy Birthday Mike.

Old 17 Oct 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3935208)   #5221
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Now Mike, the budget for the cake is nothing compare to the one for the candles!!!! Happy You!
Old 17 Oct 2019, 16:30 (Ref:3935219)   #5222
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks all! I gave up dropping hints about impending B’days when reached 60, another ten is nothing to get excited about......

Spending the day driving across France in the rain in a truck was not the preferred way to spend Tuesday, but hey-ho. Sure there’s been worse over the years, but memories are fading!
Old 17 Oct 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3935220)   #5223
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Happy Birthday Mike :-)

I can confirm that 70 is the new 50, so life is good.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 17:36 (Ref:3935232)   #5224
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old love never rust! Cars do… You look great, no worry.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3935256)   #5225
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Belated felicitations Mike!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk