Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 16 Oct 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3318412)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2014 Nascar Cup Series pre-season

The 2014 schedule of the Nascar Cup Series is out:

Feb 15 – Sprint Unlimited
Feb 16 – Daytona 500 Qualifying
Feb 20 – Daytona Duels
Feb 23 – Daytona 500
Mar 2 – Phoenix
Mar 9 – Las Vegas
Mar 16 – Bristol
Mar 23 – Auto Club
Mar 30 – Martinsville
Apr 6 – Texas
Apr 12 – Darlington
* Eastern bye *
Apr 26 – Richmond
May 4 – Talladega
May 10 – Kansas
May 17 – All-Star Race
May 25 – Charlotte
Jun 1 – Dover
Jun 8 – Pocono
Jun 15 – Michigan
Jun 22 – Sonoma
Jun 28 – Kentucky
Jul 5 – Daytona
Jul 13 – New Hampshire
* Summer bye *
Jul 27 – Indianapolis
Aug 3 – Pocono
Aug 10 – Watkins Glen
Aug 17 – Michigan
Aug 23 – Bristol
Aug 31 – Atlanta
Sep 6 – Richmond
* Chase *
Sep 14 – Chicagoland
Sep 21 – New Hampshire
Sep 28 – Dover
Oct 5 – Kansas
Oct 11 – Charlotte
Oct 19 – Talladega
Oct 26 – Martinsville
Nov 2 – Texas
Nov 9 – Phoenix
Nov 16 – Homestead

There's only two bye weekends!

Darlington was moved to April 12, and Kansas to May 10.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 07:29 (Ref:3318778)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same sh*t, different year - how bout changing with the times & getting some more road courses NASCAR. Going back to some of them oval races a 2nd time is painful to watch
Old 17 Oct 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3318987)   #3
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Revolution is coming for 2015. NBC Sports might even want to couple Nascar with IndyCar in road courses.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3319016)   #4
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Im not sure I understand the hype that comes with NASCAR releasing their schedules for the upcoming season. Not that I am criticizing the poster in this thread...but elsewhere, I've witnessed so much anticipation and excitement for the upcoming calendars.

Much like Gomick stated, it is the same poo poo every single year. Everything is the same, dates don't change and the order of which the races fall with ALWAYS remain unchanged, save for maybe one or two races. NASCAR needs realize that change is needed to resolve the issue of their steadily declining attendance rates (Which has been the case for nearly every race this 2013 season), and possibly add some proper road circuits to the calendar which for all we know, could bring a refreshing change of pace to an otherwise mundane schedule and therefore bring in new interest.
Old 2 Nov 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3326372)   #5
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Confirmed 2014 Nascar Cup Series drivers:

Chevrolet

o- Hendrick: Jimmie Johnson Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Kasey Kahne.
o- Childress: Ryan Newman, Paul Menard, Austin Dillon.
o- Stewart-Haas: Tony Stewart, Kurt Busch, Kevin Harvick, Danica Patrick.
o- Earnhardt Ganassi: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson.
o- Furniture Row: Martin Truex Jr.
o- Germain: Casey Mears.

Ford

o- Roush: Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle, Ricky Stnhouse Jr.
o- Penske: Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano.
o- Front Row: David Ragan, David Gillliland.
o- Leavine: Michael McDowell.

Toyota

o- Gibbs: Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth. Denny Hamlin.
o- Waltrip: Clint Bowyer, Brian Vickers.
o- Petty: Marcos Ambrosel Aric Almirola.
o- JTG Daugherty: AJ Allmendinger.

Total confirmed drivers: 31.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3326520)   #6
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petty Toyota?
Old 3 Nov 2013, 15:34 (Ref:3326582)   #7
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Petty Toyota?
Believe that is a typo/mistake. Petty Motorsports has made no mention of switching manfacturers, still firmly in the Ford camp, as far as is known.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3326621)   #8
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Sorry, my mistake.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3326648)   #9
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Im not sure I understand the hype that comes with NASCAR releasing their schedules for the upcoming season. Not that I am criticizing the poster in this thread...but elsewhere, I've witnessed so much anticipation and excitement for the upcoming calendars.
I'm not now and have not ever been into too much hype, but I understand and fully agree with NASCAR releasing their schedule, for the coming year, as early as possible. Several reasons, one, it allows those that attend races to start making their plans to attend races for the upcoming season, i.e., arranging vacation time, if needed, reserving hotels, etc. Two, it shows stability to the fans, as they know generally when the particular races will be run. As to those that show anticipation and excitement, why is that so hard to understand? Everybody is different, with regards to what they like and dislike. Seems to me that if someone really likes/enjoys something, it would be normal for them to be excited and to anticipate the release of something that they like/enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Much like Gomick stated, it is the same poo poo every single year. Everything is the same, dates don't change and the order of which the races fall with ALWAYS remain unchanged, save for maybe one or two races. NASCAR needs realize that change is needed to resolve the issue of their steadily declining attendance rates (Which has been the case for nearly every race this 2013 season), and possibly add some proper road circuits to the calendar which for all we know, could bring a refreshing change of pace to an otherwise mundane schedule and therefore bring in new interest.
Again, I disagree. Yes, it is basically the same schedule, year after year. That is VERY smart! It shows STABILITY! Something complelely lacking, to the detriment, of practically every other racing series and form of racing in this country! Stability, is one of many key factors that has allowed NASCAR to keep a strong fanbase, while attracting new fans. The fans know when and where the races are, year after year, there is no guessing game as to when and where the races with be, either for those wishing to attend the races in person or to watch on TV. Also a factor in attracting and keep sponsors. Sponsors know when and where the races are, know where and when to place their heaviest emphisis on what areas for maximum exposure of their products or services. Stability also plays a roll in having a good television coverage package. Networks do not have to continually juggle their programming schedules to accomidate the races. This helps with "eyes on the tube" as the fans know when to tune in, without having to franically search for what times, what station, etc., the races are on. More eyes on the tube makes the sponsors happy. Are things 100% perfect? No, and they never will be. Sure, attendence is down, just as it is down for every other racing series and every other sport and entertainment endeavor. The MAIN reason for this is the failed, non-improving economy of this country. This is not a political statement, I won't debait the reason why or who is responsible for the dead economy, I am only pointing out that it has not recovered and the failure to recover has left fans with far less "disposable" income, to spend on things such as entertainment and sporting events. Yes, fans have left, but that has always happened, throughout the history of racing. Some are always going to leave, some of those will come back after a break, some others will walk away, but that has always happened. NASCAR still has the largest and most loyal fanbase of any series/form of racing in this country. It is FAR from rapidly dwendling! Changing things, especially for the sake of change, is seldom a good thing! In most cases it does more damage than good. I would dare say that far more NASCAR fans do not call the schedule "mundane", than those that call it "mundane".
Old 3 Nov 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3326649)   #10
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Sorry, my mistake.
Not a problem. It happens!
Old 4 Nov 2013, 00:20 (Ref:3326784)   #11
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Revolution is coming for 2015. NBC Sports might even want to couple Nascar with IndyCar in road courses.
I wouldn't bet on this one. Biggest, most revolutionary thing to be in the works for 2015, I've heard, is one that I VERY strongly support -- The return of the Southern 500, at Darlington, to it's traditional and rightful place on the schedule, Labor Day Weekend. It should have never been moved from there to start with! As to NASCAR and indycar running together, anywhere. Don't hold your breath. Far too many reasons against that ever happening. Two radically different forms of racing, on completely opposite ends of the racing spectrum. Two completely opposite fanbases, with completely different interests in racing. Very few on either side like or support the other side's form of racing and many don't care for, like or get along those on the other side. It would be an easier task, attempting to herd cats, that to keep peace between the fans of those two forms of racing. You'd have better success mixing oil and water, than mixing these two groups of fans. The two forms of racing and their fans just are not compatible. It just will not work.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3341297)   #12
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 ROTY Candidates in Cup?!?!?! (2014 Silly Season)

We are about 28 days from the start of 2014, so I figured that it's time to post any new news for Nascar in this new thread.

As the title states, we will have as many as 6 drivers competing for Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year: We already knew about Kyle Larson in the #42 and Austin Dillon in the #3, but now we have Michael Annett, bringing his longtime sponsor, Flying J (Pilot Travel Center?), and himself over to TBR in the #7, Justin Allgaier and Brandt to the #51 (most likely), and now Swan Racing expands to two teams and will run BOTH Parker Kligerman and Cole Whitt full time. We haven't had a rookie field like this since 2008. Very exciting to look forward to IMHO.

Along other things, Jeff Burton will drive part time for MWR in the #66 (former #56) car, then will be part of the NBC broadcast crew in 2015.

Mark Martin has apparently stepped away from racing for now. He will not enter the Daytona 500 or any races for the forseeable future.

For more, check out http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/sto...m-Driver-Chart

http://www.jayski.com/news/nationwid...4nns-teamchart

http://www.jayski.com/news/campingwo...uck-team-chart
Old 7 Dec 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3341328)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looks to be a good battle between Dillon and Larson. I'll be pulling for a Kyle and keeping my tradition of detest for the #3.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3341586)   #14
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly, I can't see it being much of a battle. I, too, am no fan of Childress or his entire blasted family, and Kyle Larsen has shown great signs of talent, but I believe that EGR is a rotten team, and Larsen is woefully inexperienced.

Austin Dillon looks like a shoe-in to me.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3341634)   #15
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
I'm hoping for a good contest for ROTY, the potential is there. Hopefully, it will be a good season as well. Most importantly, I hope the upcoming season will see not injury or worse to any of the crews, drivers, officials and fans!
Old 8 Dec 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3341691)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
For the first time since several years a decent group of rookies. Due to the team and machine I think Dillon wil win it.
Old 9 Dec 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3341859)   #17
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who got rookie of the year this year - I don't care too much for this award these days...
Old 9 Dec 2013, 10:48 (Ref:3341910)   #18
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Who got rookie of the year this year - I don't care too much for this award these days...
2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year -- Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
Old 9 Dec 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3341967)   #19
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.... fighting off the challenge of Danica Patrick .
Old 9 Dec 2013, 17:21 (Ref:3342005)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
.... fighting off the challenge of Danica Patrick .
Inhouse battle.
Old 9 Dec 2013, 23:00 (Ref:3342138)   #21
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Oh yeah, forgot about him - exciting battle it was
Old 10 Dec 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3342421)   #22
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
But they both beat Timmy Hill
Old 11 Dec 2013, 21:16 (Ref:3342872)   #23
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
It's finally official! The press interview for RCR has been done and it's comfirmed that the #3 will be run by Austin Dillon full time. Ironically, that pic of the #3 from all the way back in September is the scheme for Cheerios. Dow will be the primary.

http://www.jayski.com/news/schemes/2...3-Team-Schemes

Also, there's some testing going on at Charlotte this week. 30 cars are present this morning.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3343094)   #24
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
I like the Cheerios paint job, good to see that # back too...
Old 12 Dec 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3343226)   #25
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The 3 is back: