Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jan 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3356609)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome Back Kamui!

Caterham have signed Kamui Kobayashi and Marcus Ericsson as the team's race drivers for the 2014 Formula 1 season.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/25826869
Old 21 Jan 2014, 11:21 (Ref:3356614)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Kamui in a Caterham - that's Kamui starting near the back of the grid every race. Kamui with a lot of cars in front of him every race. What could possibly go wrong?
Old 21 Jan 2014, 11:22 (Ref:3356615)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's just hope Caterham give him a car with a bit of pace.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3356616)   #4
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's gonna dominate the Japanese GP by scoring a podium for the second time.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3356627)   #5
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see Kamui Kamikaze, sorry.. Kobayashi back on the grid. I really hope he proves a point, as I believe he deserves to be on the grid.

Caterham are said to be a team to watch for this year. Apparently the cars will surprise this year. Hope the talk turns out to be true.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3356628)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did Kobayashi ever crash all that much?

I like this Caterham lineup a lot.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3356631)   #7
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gutted to see him take this seat.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3356634)   #8
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Did Kobayashi ever crash all that much?
No, he didn't. I loved the Kamikaze-esque dive bombs he put on some of the drivers. Hope to see more of it in 2014.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 12:09 (Ref:3356642)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So it's good news after all. Hopefully Caterham will be more than just a name on the grid making up the numbers.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3356645)   #10
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice one KK ! Now I am really starting to look forward to F1 in 2014 .
Old 21 Jan 2014, 12:28 (Ref:3356654)   #11
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Caterham are said to be a team to watch for this year. Apparently the cars will surprise this year.
Well they haven't done so far and I don't know what has changed internally. In my world, whilst not an absolute given, a track record is required to give an indication of future performance.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3356660)   #12
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Nice one KK ! Now I am really starting to look forward to F1 in 2014 .
Me too, but we'll see how his skills are in the circuits that he had never driven before.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3356710)   #13
Maikel0230
Rookie

Belgium
Maaseik, Belgium
Maikel0230 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, love this guy, Banzaiii....
Old 21 Jan 2014, 15:58 (Ref:3356724)   #14
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awesome news, I thought he was treated a little badly before. I never agreed with the tag that some people gave him of being 'just another Japanese driver'.

He's much better than that.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3356738)   #15
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Yup, I'm a Kamui fan as well. I think his rep as a bit crashy came from his rookie season. But even that wasn't really his fault. A quick look at the facts confirms that while he did have a lot of DNFs, many of them weren't his fault. Not to mention, if you're in a midfield car, and wringing the neck of it like you're supposed to, that's going to happen.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 17:15 (Ref:3356753)   #16
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
Yup, I'm a Kamui fan as well. I think his rep as a bit crashy came from his rookie season. But even that wasn't really his fault. A quick look at the facts confirms that while he did have a lot of DNFs, many of them weren't his fault. Not to mention, if you're in a midfield car, and wringing the neck of it like you're supposed to, that's going to happen.
And I'm really a Koba-fan too. You know what? Due to his seasons with Sauber, I would nickname the team for "Kobasauber".
Old 21 Jan 2014, 19:45 (Ref:3356817)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
Awesome news, I thought he was treated a little badly before. I never agreed with the tag that some people gave him of being 'just another Japanese driver'.

He's much better than that.
Do you mean crash wise ?
Old 21 Jan 2014, 19:50 (Ref:3356821)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Races 60 (60 starts)
Championships 0
Wins 0
Podiums 1
Career points 125
Pole positions 0
Fastest laps 1
First race 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix
Last race 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

Impressive. Yeah he looks alright.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 22:10 (Ref:3356876)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent news. Always thought he was a class driver, possibly better than Perez.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 00:01 (Ref:3356895)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Good news I have always liked this chap, and he is not afraid of mixing it up....
Old 22 Jan 2014, 01:11 (Ref:3356908)   #21
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure about Ericsson, they could have chosen someone with more potential. 3 wins in 4 years of GP2...

Don't really care much for Kobayashi, just another quick on his day Jap with some crazy passing moves, but not the whole package to ever be a consistent race winner, imo.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 04:23 (Ref:3356935)   #22
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully this season won't be a Kobayashi Maru for Kamui.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 08:57 (Ref:3356978)   #23
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Come on, Bononi, though. You know that stats don't necessarily tell the full story. After all, Jacques Villeneuve is better than Stirling Moss was.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3357032)   #24
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm glad Kobayashi is back, but having read about the deal Ferrari were offering him to try keep him in WEC with them, I'm not sure joining a back-marker F1 team will be the best thing for his career overall.

Let's just hope Caterham have upped their game substantially for 2014!
Old 22 Jan 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3357034)   #25
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^

Link?