Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Oct 2019, 17:58 (Ref:3935237)   #1101
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
My Italian is not too hot, so can you give a synopsis of the article, it would be appreciated?

A translation courtesy of Google:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimo Costa from Italiaracing dot net
George Russell doesn't fit. During the Japanese Grand Prix, he had to deal with brakes that ... didn't hold back on his Williams. Via radio he constantly complained about the dangerousness of the situation, but the team convinced him to continue. Numerous sets have been changed, but Russell at one point wanted to retire. His engineer disagreed and so the British driver saw the arrival not without having experienced some thrills. When he got out of the car, he clearly stated that this cannot go on.

Robert Kubica also complained. The Pole had already expressed dissatisfaction with the treatment he had received, as well as for the disastrous situation in which Williams fell, an F1 team that often found itself without spare parts. At Suzuka there was then the "yellow" of the new front wing, brought by the team in a single copy. Russell had rejected it at the end of the first free round, Kubica had instead found good during the second free round, had found improvements in his car, and was therefore convinced to find himself in qualifying. But this did not happen. Unbeknownst to him, his previous wing was mounted.

According to what Kubica told to it.motorsport, the order would not come from those who were on the track, but from those who were elsewhere. It is therefore legitimate to think of Claire Williams, the already discussed team principal of the Grove team who, again according to the impressions of the Polish driver, has not always acted with due correctness and this year as never before has been confused in the management of the team. It should not be forgotten that twelve months ago, the Russian sponsor SMP left Williams indignant for the improper treatment offered to their pilot Sergey Sirotkin.

Old 17 Oct 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3935240)   #1102
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
A translation courtesy of Google:
Thanks.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3935360)   #1103
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe Claire is not the saviour. I had hoped she would do a great job and **** those up who complained purely because she's a woman.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Oct 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3936456)   #1104
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only maybe???
Old 25 Oct 2019, 15:50 (Ref:3936733)   #1105
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholosophy View Post
Maybe Claire is not the saviour. I had hoped she would do a great job and **** those up who complained purely because she's a woman.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
I still say it's poetic justice that after "sir" Frank Williams made his family second fiddle to his race team his whole life, once one of those second fiddle family members takes over his number one priority, it gets run into the ground.

Not that I want claire Williams to fail. I'd like to see her be successful.
Old 25 Oct 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3936760)   #1106
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A bit harsh imo.

Cant speak to the internal workings of another persons family but from my own experience of growing up and now working within a family run business...there is no seperation between business and family. They are one and the same and the kids grow up around the same kitchen table where the work and talk of business is carried out.

The success of one requires the success of the other. No doubt there are challenges growing up with a uniquely resolute parent but here i see children very much focused on continuing their family's work.

As an aside (and complete speculation on my part) i would think SFW's disability makes his family far more important to him then a second fiddle.

Anyways just my two cents as an armchair shrink
Old 27 Oct 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3937063)   #1107
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another classic TV shot of Ms Williams looking bewildered in the Garage on her own at a TV monitor station - except when the camera panned onto her she was looking at her phone until she realised and then looked up at the screens trying to look interested....
Old 30 Oct 2019, 22:45 (Ref:3937732)   #1108
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I still say it's poetic justice that after "sir" Frank Williams made his family second fiddle to his race team his whole life, once one of those second fiddle family members takes over his number one priority, it gets run into the ground.

Not that I want claire Williams to fail. I'd like to see her be successful.

Just curious about the inverted commas around “sir”. Is there some question about the validity of SFW’s knighthood?
Old 4 Nov 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3938479)   #1109
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Yes, to me it is clearly a financial shortage calling for retiring cars to save parts.... given their usual qualifying position, they are not saving engine parts and transmissions to save having to take grid penalties for replacements. They start rear of grid other than others that have taken penalties for new components.
Mileage on parts should be less of an issue than that of many teams. They only run in Q1.
Old 4 Nov 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3938486)   #1110
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Mileage on parts should be less of an issue than that of many teams. They only run in Q1.
Old 4 Nov 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3938487)   #1111
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And roughly 2 laps less per GP too.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 22:19 (Ref:3944637)   #1112
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Two day test, Russel half a day , Latiffi Half a day - one would have thought he needs every KM available. Some Israeli nobody a FULL DAY!!!! The team is carrying on like a second rate 80’s F3 team. So sad to see
Old 4 Dec 2019, 01:47 (Ref:3944650)   #1113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So Two day test, Russel half a day , Latiffi Half a day - one would have thought he needs every KM available. Some Israeli nobody a FULL DAY!!!! The team is carrying on like a second rate 80’s F3 team. So sad to see
Can they learn much from this platform though? It doesn't seem like much should transfer to next season so might as well earn cash letting a rich kid play. I'm guessing an old F1 car or 2 had made it to Latifi to go play.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 07:20 (Ref:3944669)   #1114
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Unfortunately money talks. It would be nice for Latifi to get a bit more mileage, but it’s better to get it in the 2020 car
Old 4 Dec 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3944724)   #1115
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Unfortunately money talks. It would be nice for Latifi to get a bit more mileage, but it’s better to get it in the 2020 car
money does talk but i doubt the amount he’s paying will put a dent in their annual budget

we don’t know what their testing programme is either. and nobody knows how much running latifi or nissany have done in the heritage and customer programmes too. this assumption they need someone to rinse the last half second out of the car isn’t necessarily a valid one.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3944730)   #1116
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
money does talk but i doubt the amount he’s paying will put a dent in their annual budget

we don’t know what their testing programme is either. and nobody knows how much running latifi or nissany have done in the heritage and customer programmes too. this assumption they need someone to rinse the last half second out of the car isn’t necessarily a valid one.
I strongly feel the extra time factor isn't even on their mind. It's about cash flow and trying to woo a potential sponsor deal rather than the direct cash influx from his time in seat. It's this year's car with next year's tires, they aren't running any early parts for testing I don;t believe so what's the time lost really? And I'm guessing Latifi has run more than a few rounds in the heritage cars.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 13:58 (Ref:3944739)   #1117
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Latifi also took part in half a dozen Friday FP1's this year.... as well as laps in pre season testing (Nissany also took part in pre season testing for Williams.)
Old 4 Dec 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3944767)   #1118
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i havent looked at any of the timing data for the test and everyone is just using the last name...so i assumed everyone was talking about Chanoch Nissany.

i even went so far to look at Chanoch's wiki page to figure out how old he was and while typing out a response here (something like why would Williams run a 56 year old???) it dawned on me that i must be missing something very obvious!
Old 4 Dec 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3944774)   #1119
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s his son Roy I think. Nissany Sr famously drove the Minardi in Friday practice for the 2005 Hungarian GP at the age of 42! Hardly surprising, he didn’t start karting till his mid 30s. He infamously got the nickname Stirling Mossad
Old 5 Dec 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3944905)   #1120
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

How much do we think it costs for a day in an F1 car?...
Old 5 Dec 2019, 22:48 (Ref:3945083)   #1121
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
My Company supplied Williams with Loctite during the Mclaren years when they had Loctite as a sponsor.
I spoke many times with Dickie Stanford, the test team boss. He told me then..If you want to become a sponsor of Williams, give us 1 million pounds, non-refundable, and we will "look" at your Company to see if it is worthy to put the name on the car...Wonder how much it is today?

Last edited by djinvicta; 5 Dec 2019 at 22:49. Reason: cannot spell..doh..
Old 6 Dec 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3945138)   #1122
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Judging by the opinions in this thread, about £4.50.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 10:45 (Ref:3945144)   #1123
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's title sponsor Peter, yes?
Old 17 Dec 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3947130)   #1124
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Um...

https://www.williamsf1.com/racing/ne...driver-academy

Well now.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 12:21 (Ref:3947139)   #1125
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Williams has released some video of Dan's simulator work. It looks like he continues to struggle to get past his old issues however.

https://youtu.be/LuOMJ87OkIE

Richard