Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Dec 2019, 17:30 (Ref:3946713)   #1876
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Warren and Robert Scott are the only 2 directors of the company and it is listed as still being at Buntingford so I doubt if the Moffats have bought anything tangible, just the TBL's.
Don't know then, just going by what the ex BMR employee told me last week. You'd assume he'd know.
Old 14 Dec 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3946718)   #1877
Div
Rookie

Div should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Don't know then, just going by what the ex BMR employee told me last week. You'd assume he'd know.
I don't believe BMR racing actually ever owned the cars or TBLs on paper, so they were never theirs to sell to Laser.
Imagine the entity BMR Racing will be quietly dissolved especially as the Speedway team is no longer in existence either.
Old 14 Dec 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3946720)   #1878
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
I don't believe BMR racing actually ever owned the cars or TBLs on paper, so they were never theirs to sell to Laser.
Imagine the entity BMR Racing will be quietly dissolved especially as the Speedway team is no longer in existence either.
Cars were leased, the charges for which were settled around the time Bob Moffat paid a visit to BMR's HQ.
The TBLs were owned.
Old 14 Dec 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3946721)   #1879
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
I suspect you're right about the cars, I assume the TBL's are the ones originally acquired by Warren from Team HARD when BMR took over? EDIT - Beat me to it Crmalcolm 😂

Last edited by Pickles; 14 Dec 2019 at 17:54.
Old 14 Dec 2019, 19:16 (Ref:3946743)   #1880
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the moffats bought more than tbl's, you dont take an artic to pick up bits of paper then do a 2nd trip with a landy and trailer
Old 14 Dec 2019, 21:44 (Ref:3946767)   #1881
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems the BMR empire doesn't stop growing.

BMR Dirt - founded 25/09/19
BMR Composites - founded 24/10/19
Old 14 Dec 2019, 22:29 (Ref:3946773)   #1882
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
It seems the BMR empire doesn't stop growing.

BMR Dirt - founded 25/09/19
BMR Composites - founded 24/10/19
I'm not sure it's growing, they've lost the kart track, Speedway and BTCC...
Old 14 Dec 2019, 23:02 (Ref:3946778)   #1883
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did JP get his money back ?
Old 15 Dec 2019, 12:33 (Ref:3946830)   #1884
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I'm not sure it's growing, they've lost the kart track, Speedway and BTCC...
If you consider that Robert Scott is related to Warren Scott then the Scott's still control more than it appears.

Last edited by mark_l; 15 Dec 2019 at 12:50.
Old 15 Dec 2019, 12:46 (Ref:3946833)   #1885
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
If you consider that Robert Scott is related to Warren Scott then the Scott's still control more than it appears.
Scott and Scott is a huge company, but it's pretty well known that the kart track has gone, as has Triple Eight, and Laser have bought what's left of the BTCC team. Presumably the biofuel side of the business is still going strong and they're now looking at non motorsport related areas to expand into.
Old 15 Dec 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3946836)   #1886
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Assuming the Honda you refer to is the BTC 3rd car?

On a pedantic note, I don't think they've confirmed a new build - but yes, I think the final count for new builds is expected to be 8, so bang on average.
Not confirmed anywhere I know but I hear Dynamics are busy. And not with the preparation of sprouts for Christmas dinner!
Old 15 Dec 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3946842)   #1887
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, when the 2021 thread starts, is BMR's finances the latest item to add to the 10/10ths canon along with Kia, Volvo and which drivers have their own TBLs?
Old 15 Dec 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3946876)   #1888
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
So, when the 2021 thread starts, is BMR's finances the latest item to add to the 10/10ths canon along with Kia, Volvo and which drivers have their own TBLs?
(Not wanting to make any frivolity)

Has anyone read/ heard anything regarding Sam Tordoff?
Old 15 Dec 2019, 20:21 (Ref:3946887)   #1889
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
(Not wanting to make any frivolity)

Has anyone read/ heard anything regarding Sam Tordoff?
Nothing official, I think everyone has just assumed that he'll be taking a year out.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 13:14 (Ref:3946968)   #1890
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've just seen a paraphrased quote from Nissan UK's annual report that the parent company is withdrawing the Infiniti brand from Europe. Not sure where that leaves the NGTC cars in future.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3946971)   #1891
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I've just seen a paraphrased quote from Nissan UK's annual report that the parent company is withdrawing the Infiniti brand from Europe. Not sure where that leaves the NGTC cars in future.
That was initially announced back in March of this year. I believe that the model only has to be on sale when first homologated. This is why the MGs, FK2 Civics, Focus, A-Class, VW CC's etc were all still on the grid in 2019.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3946981)   #1892
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
That was initially announced back in March of this year. I believe that the model only has to be on sale when first homologated. This is why the MGs, FK2 Civics, Focus, A-Class, VW CC's etc were all still on the grid in 2019.
Correct.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3946986)   #1893
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
From btcc.net

'Base vehicle must be freely on sale in the UK through the manufacturer’s normal dealer network at time of homologation'

I don't recall any mention of support from Infiniti by Laser Tools, so I don't see their withdrawal from the UK market having any effect on the existing cars.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3946991)   #1894
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The two Infiniti cars are in private hands, so can’t see how the manufacturer withdrawing in Europe affecting the BTCC
Old 16 Dec 2019, 16:40 (Ref:3946994)   #1895
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
And homologation remains valid until 5 years after the model is no longer on sale. Even if Infiniti ended sales now the car could still be usable for the foreseeable future.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 16:45 (Ref:3946996)   #1896
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The two Infiniti cars are in private hands, so can’t see how the manufacturer withdrawing in Europe affecting the BTCC
There may only be an issue if the shells get trashed, apart from that the rest is probably standardised items so shouldn't be an problem with spare parts.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3947012)   #1897
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
There may only be an issue if the shells get trashed, apart from that the rest is probably standardised items so shouldn't be an problem with spare parts.
The car continues to be available on other continents; so somewhere a factory is making bits that could no doubt be obtained by Laser if needed.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3947014)   #1898
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The car continues to be available on other continents; so somewhere a factory is making bits that could no doubt be obtained by Laser if needed.
If Aiden gets desperate there is always ebay (other sites are available).
Old 16 Dec 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3947022)   #1899
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Jordan has an announcement on the 18th
Old 16 Dec 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3947023)   #1900
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Looks like Jordan has an announcement on the 18th
https://twitter.com/andrewjordan77/s...763892225?s=21

"A new era." Looks like he's out of the BTCC. Or I suppose that could just be the start with a new sponsor.