Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Oct 2019, 21:12 (Ref:3935516)   #76
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Engine out on Elite. Clutch blown . Fingers crossed I can fix tomorrow .
Old 18 Oct 2019, 22:01 (Ref:3935526)   #77
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Engine out on Elite. Clutch blown . Fingers crossed I can fix tomorrow .
Good luck mate ����.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 04:42 (Ref:3935571)   #78
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hope you got it all sorted.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 05:23 (Ref:3935575)   #79
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Pudding? You say pudding? In a French event? Cant believe that… Did you check the date they baked it? I mean the year!!!

Good lap times Mike, not far from the 26R's. Why did you stop twice?
As on usual the noisy beast of the Stephen family is fast!

Delta, dont you even rely on a French caterer when it comes to "puffing" they can't write pudding properly! Not mentioning the recipe… Is that "pouring" or "poor rain"? I'm puzzled…
Good quali for us.....sadly our rain dance did not work as intended and it was bone dry!!

Race day looks like it is going to be very wet though.....

Last edited by 356sc; 19 Oct 2019 at 05:38.
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 19 Oct 2019, 06:03 (Ref:3935578)   #80
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Strange weather- but we’ve had that before here! Rain during night but temperature shot up so there is a ‘hot fog’, if that makes sense.......

Still, better than freezing fog......
Old 19 Oct 2019, 06:09 (Ref:3935580)   #81
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Strange weather- but we’ve had that before here! Rain during night but temperature shot up so there is a ‘hot fog’, if that makes sense.......

Still, better than freezing fog......
You sure you just haven’t left your kettle boiling?!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 19 Oct 2019, 06:16 (Ref:3935581)   #82
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Will, I dont think you'll have to dance for a long time before you get some showers… May be many of them but not the kind of heavy rain you're found of. As Mike wisely says - hey, so wise for a young guy!- you can prepare yourself to experience fog too.

Iain, I feel so sorry for you hope you'll find a complete engine and be fast enough to fix everything before start. Go drbob and Iain, go!
Old 19 Oct 2019, 06:20 (Ref:3935582)   #83
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Good for you and Dad, Will, last forecast gives "improved" weather from 3 PM. Improved means rain, wind. Comme disent les paysans français, c'est bon pour les salades!
Anyway, with so many cars on the track, I guess FCY's, SC's will be countless. Be safe it will pay for sure…
Old 19 Oct 2019, 07:10 (Ref:3935584)   #84
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Story so far.....
Attached Thumbnails
27A0E35B-E3DC-457F-A86B-76249B2FC1CC.jpeg  
Old 19 Oct 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3935600)   #85
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Don tell me those youngsters already have a driving licence! Glad to see you, drbob! Iain if you dont fix the car a French E Type will make profit of your place on the grid…
Old 19 Oct 2019, 10:20 (Ref:3935604)   #86
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike, see the 26R right after your SLR? On usual those guys are rather fast, DS owns/drives a good 911 ST too.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3935607)   #87
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seen some of the pics of fog . No wonder Group C was red flagged.

Last edited by Willmaz223; 19 Oct 2019 at 10:40.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3935612)   #88
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hope you didn't bet too much money on the Peugeot. Saleen and Viper ahead.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3935615)   #89
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The Panoz (x2) sounded great, as did the V12 DBR9. Sadly the Corvette was a non starter, so denied chance to listen to that......
Old 19 Oct 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3935623)   #90
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Looking at the Q times, you can bet on a roaring battle in the Cobra clan and E Type too… How many will see the flag? Checkered one I mean…

Drbob, Iain, how are you? An your wonder?
Old 19 Oct 2019, 11:57 (Ref:3935624)   #91
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Hope you didn't bet too much money on the Peugeot. Saleen and Viper ahead.
At one stage the Peugoet was ahead by 1 minute until it pitted.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 11:58 (Ref:3935625)   #92
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
As a former Peugeot driver -505, 309, 205, …- I can tell you that, once stopped, anything can happen! Specially bad things…
Old 19 Oct 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3935626)   #93
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
The Panoz (x2) sounded great, as did the V12 DBR9. Sadly the Corvette was a non starter, so denied chance to listen to that......
Those Panozs sound incredible, such a brutal noise.

Isn't there a older Corvette racing in ERL? Late 90s, Early 00s I think.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 12:14 (Ref:3935627)   #94
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Where else can you see 5 competitive Bizzarrini's in action, I ask?
Mike did you spot the petite HBR5? The Mistral straight must be boring with only a 750 cc flat twin…
Old 19 Oct 2019, 14:09 (Ref:3935636)   #95
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Where else can you see 5 competitive Bizzarrini's in action, I ask?
Mike did you spot the petite HBR5? The Mistral straight must be boring with only a 750 cc flat twin…
I think at LMC in 2016 I had to overtake a couple of those in the dark on the Mulsanne- when they were side by side. A case of praying they held their line......... Thing is, the Index prize at Le Mans was of big importance, hence the tiny engined French cars, and of course Lotus perfected the art of getting the most out of small engines!

Iain and Dr Bob good to go, Elite back on its wheels with borrowed clutch plate.

Regarding the Peugeot 908, when it comes to lap times you have to remember who was driving it! (Nicolas Minassian ) Oh, and the Ferrari 333 sounded pretty good as well.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 15:32 (Ref:3935643)   #96
Willmaz223
Veteran

Or Eric Maris who does some racing in the ELMS in LMP2.

Whoever was driving the XJR 14( I imagine Eric Helary) is pretty good, 40 second gap after 15 minutes.

Looking forward to CER1 Quali now and the battle between 512s and 917s with MK3Bs. The Longtail looks jaw dropping in white and red.

Good to see Gibson T70 in there as haven't raced that car in a couple of years .
Old 19 Oct 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3935646)   #97
Willmaz223
Veteran

Car 186 ie the Longtail 917 has stopped on track after 5 mins
Old 19 Oct 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3935649)   #98
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Thing is, the Index prize at Le Mans was of big importance, hence the tiny engined French cars, and of course Lotus perfected the art of getting the most out of small engines!
' f course it was of big importance and was the sole classification they could win too…*Lotuses were competing in another league and the only way they found to beat them was to upset Colin Chapman. Not the kind of thing you can be proud of, imo!
Jean Marc is a litte bit nervous, they just found something strange in his braking system, will have to go with new pads…
Gentlemen, THE series is on the pre grid! So happy for drbob and Iain. Let the show start!!!!
Old 19 Oct 2019, 16:12 (Ref:3935650)   #99
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Always loved the 333. I had the privilege to drive a 312 P with no restriction at Montlhéry. What a piece of kit it is and rather easy to keep on the track at average speed. Well, for a Sunday driver I mean…

Just see the CER1 Q results and admire the B8 drivers.
Is the Mirage standing in pole of CER2 from you neighborhood, Mike?

Now, go the SLR, go drbob and Iain, go Jean Marc!

Last edited by Gerard C; 19 Oct 2019 at 16:20.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 16:17 (Ref:3935651)   #100
Willmaz223
Veteran

Hmm no 512 M in the Quali. Didn't do practice either so odd if a big issue.