Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 21 May 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2466557)   #151
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
What's a fax Peter... is it like a Telex ?
Erm...yes. I seem to remember there was also a chocolate bar called Telex way back in the distant past?

Anyway, I heard from Ed that there are about 10 Southern guys going to Kirky on the 30th, so hopefully there will be a few locals out also.
Old 21 May 2009, 17:13 (Ref:2466563)   #152
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post
You are. I faxed my entry this morning. Looking forward to it as I've never been around Kirkistown before.
Ah you're kidding man. Thats a long haul for you, if my memory serves me you will be coming from Cork. Geeeesh.. quite a trip with a trailer on. You'd be as well breaking the journey in Dublin on Sat night. Hope you have a good run. The weather is bound to have improved by then. Will you be up in time to test on Friday?
Old 22 May 2009, 07:43 (Ref:2466897)   #153
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Ah you're kidding man. Thats a long haul for you, if my memory serves me you will be coming from Cork. Geeeesh.. quite a trip with a trailer on. You'd be as well breaking the journey in Dublin on Sat night. Hope you have a good run. The weather is bound to have improved by then. Will you be up in time to test on Friday?
Yeah, its a long journey alright. It'll probably take the bones of seven hours . I won't make it up on Friday unfortunately, which as I've never driven around Kirkistown, should make qualifying interesting!
Old 22 May 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2467029)   #154
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post
You are. I faxed my entry this morning. Looking forward to it as I've never been around Kirkistown before.
Good stuff peter!! I'll be out in the stryker class and Seamus Ryan will be out in his libre stryker!!
Old 22 May 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2467243)   #155
VeeBoss
Rookie

Ireland
VeeBoss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phoenix Park 2009

Just a quick message, since this should be the most interested group, that there is a PP2009 thread in Saloon Cars, National & Club racing. I think the thread is called 'Phoenix Park Races - 2009 and Beyond'

It would appear to be the thread that is going to be used by the organisers to keep this forum informed!
Old 30 May 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2472273)   #156
SCOBER11
Racer

SCOBER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jasus that yoke of Dans is some machine down the back straight in Kirkistown zzzoooooommmmmmmmmmm
Old 9 Sep 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2537388)   #157
daniboy
Rookie

daniboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi just wondered if anyone has heard about the libre race at croft 27th sept at the moment there are not enough entrys to run it so if anyone interested contact darlington motor club.The closing date is this weekend!! Would be good to get some races going in the uk.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 22:51 (Ref:2537391)   #158
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniboy View Post
hi just wondered if anyone has heard about the libre race at croft 27th sept at the moment there are not enough entrys to run it so if anyone interested contact darlington motor club.The closing date is this weekend!! Would be good to get some races going in the uk.
I think noise will be an issue..........
Old 9 Sep 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2537407)   #159
daniboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
I think noise will be an issue..........
i thought the irish cars were silenced!
Old 9 Sep 2009, 23:57 (Ref:2537438)   #160
stealth1
Rookie

stealth1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i thought the irish cars were silenced!
They are ... to a point, could be a problem at Croft, as we did have some issues in Anglesey.

We're aware of this race allright, its the end of the season though and everyones running on empty!

How far ahead had this race been planned?
Old 10 Sep 2009, 12:27 (Ref:2537723)   #161
daniboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth1 View Post
They are ... to a point, could be a problem at Croft, as we did have some issues in Anglesey.

We're aware of this race allright, its the end of the season though and everyones running on empty!

How far ahead had this race been planned?
Not sure i just heard about them in motorsport news!! if it was organized again with more notice do you think many cars would come over?? We just need more places to run the bigger cars!!
Old 11 Sep 2009, 15:42 (Ref:2538576)   #162
stealth1
Rookie

stealth1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure i just heard about them in motorsport news!! if it was organized again with more notice do you think many cars would come over?? We just need more places to run the bigger cars!!
its a more realistic option if its known about in advance. its expensive to race away for a weekend, and im not sure if there would be interest in going over twice. think it would be a case of either anglesey or croft or wherever as there have been mutterings about doing something different. I get the feeling that theres not much appetite for Libre in the UK though, for whatever reason ... its very rarely if ever, outside of the historic scene, you come across Libre racing ..??
Old 24 Sep 2009, 21:16 (Ref:2547609)   #163
daniboy
Rookie

Just to let you know there is an open race on at silverstone on the 1st of november!!!!!
Old 27 Sep 2009, 00:28 (Ref:2548931)   #164
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
daniboy got a link?
Old 28 Sep 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2549574)   #165
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yon yoke of Dans was going to some tune on Saturday. He must be doing over 180 round debtors, 'cos he was carrying too much speed into Colonial 1 every lap. He over shot a couple of times into the run off area and I dont think he caught the apex once, and he was still within a few tenths of the outright record. It must be incredibly hard to get all the corners right when you are talking about the sort of G forces he is generating. And at those speeds the circuit becomes quite different. He probably cant get slowed up in time for Colonial 1 because he cant get the brakes on until the car is straightened up from debtors!!!
More power to the guy, it was good to see.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2549991)   #166
Séamas M.
Racer

Northern Ireland
Lurgan,County Armagh
Séamas M. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He got to four hundredths above the record, eventually stopped with a broken third gear. Was great to watch though.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2550801)   #167
daniboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
daniboy got a link?
http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/All%20Comers%20Scratch%20Walter%20Hayes%20Open%20Wheel%20entry%20form.pdf
Old 30 Sep 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2551405)   #168
daniboy
Rookie

spoke to the organizer today and there are no noise restrictions!!
Old 9 Oct 2009, 15:26 (Ref:2557570)   #169
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last race meeting of the year this Sunday

So how many cars can we expect to see on the grid? Anybody know if Dan has been able to sort out the gearbox gremlins that stopped him landing a new lap record at Kirkistown last month?
Old 9 Oct 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2557581)   #170
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
Last race meeting of the year this Sunday

So how many cars can we expect to see on the grid?
Old 11 Oct 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2559115)   #171
mracing
Rookie

mracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How'd the racing go in mondello can any one give me the run down ??
Old 12 Oct 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2559872)   #172
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mracing View Post
How'd the racing go in mondello can any one give me the run down ??
Qualifying was wetish and saw David Heavey stick his F5 on the front row beside Sylvie Mullins in the Ralt.

It was dry for race one and despite an aggressive start by Heavey, he was outgunned in the first lap. Sylvie retired at around half distance when he heard a rattle from the engine. That left Michael Roche to take the lead from Peter Dwyer and moi. Dwyer passed Roche for the lead but a loose wheel nut saw him beached in the gravel at the exit of Duckhams. Michael won from yours truly with Pat Casey third.

Race two saw the same grid line up but Sylvie retired on the green flag lap with yet another rattle (the race one rattle was attributed to a stray socket rolling around the engine bay). Heavey had a problem off the line which left Roche in the lead from me, Casey and Peter Dwyer (who was really flying in his newly acquired Dallara). After a couple of laps, a move by Dwyer down the inside of Casey, resulted in the safety car being called out to remove the stricken Nemesis of Casey. At the restart, the status quo resumed as Roche lead from me and a rapidly closing Dwyer. I waved Dwyer past on the run up to Duckhams, my plan being that he might be able to trouble Roche enough so as I could benefit from them tripping over each other. That plan came to naught when Roche retired three laps from the end which left Dwyer taking the win from me and Colm Hynes a distant third.

Strangely, there were no over two litre cars out so it gave us lesser mortals a turn in the limelight. From the comments in the paddock afterwards, it would appear that this resulted in a relatively entertaining couple of races which was a nice way to round off the season.

So congratulations to Peter Dwyer on taking his first "proper" race win!
Old 22 Nov 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2587274)   #173
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone have the final 2009 standings, or know where I might find them? Cheers.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2587412)   #174
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Does anyone have the final 2009 standings, or know where I might find them? Cheers.
Email this:

libre@dendra.net

The Libre website hasn't been updated in a while.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2588383)   #175
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Graz, I will try it