Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Feb 2013, 13:00 (Ref:3201758)   #126
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good decision. I'm guessing that the car is still in the OAK workshop as the team owner travelled to France to view the car.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3201797)   #127
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Sensible to dip a toe in the water early in close proximity to factory support. What's intriguing is whether you run it on Saturday in the ELMS round or Sunday for the WEC?
WEC has better exposure, both at the track and in the media. You'll have longer running time in a more relevant, competitive field.

The only thing going for doing the ELMS round would be that it's cheaper...and you might get on the overall podium.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3201870)   #128
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysb2 View Post
Good decision. I'm guessing that the car is still in the OAK workshop as the team owner travelled to France to view the car.
Paul Ip is a pure entrepreneur. He splits money. His Japan outfit is run by Japanese. His Asian outfit is run by Irish people. No Chinaman in the workshop. Do you know what this summoning is about? OAK will run the car in Le Mans in the end of the day. My guess. My money.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 19:24 (Ref:3201902)   #129
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Paul Ip is a pure entrepreneur. He splits money. His Japan outfit is run by Japanese. His Asian outfit is run by Irish people. No Chinaman in the workshop. Do you know what this summoning is about? OAK will run the car in Le Mans in the end of the day. My guess. My money.
Well yeah..what did you expect? Round trip tickets for his crew are going to be very expensive, heck, Buddyclub AAI (TW) got JAS (IT) to run their McLaren BES programme

As for irish (or just foreigners in general) in asian teams, we see this all the time. Absolute, Eurasia, AsiaRacingTeam, etc. I still highly doubt that there are no Chinese people in the workshop though..

SGTGT300/JF3/FNippon: I may be wrong, but I believe that the effort is some sort of joint relationship with TOM's.

But he is aiming to get more asian drivers into Le Mans and does have the cash to fund it. More power to him.
Old 11 Feb 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3203070)   #130
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Well , one very sickening thing is 19 Nissan engines !!! ..... Oh , and an Oreca 03/Nissan will win the championship .
I thought the idea behind using stock blocks in LMP2 was that teams could run GTE engines, which have already been developed and will run all day. But almost the whole field runs Nissans and no one runs Ferrari, Porsche, Aston or Chevy engines. Did I make that up in my head?
Old 11 Feb 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3203077)   #131
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I was under the same impression . But im sure there is more involved than just dropping a 997 engine into the back of it , intake , cooling , exhaust to name a few would need work .
Old 11 Feb 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3203079)   #132
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I thought the idea behind using stock blocks in LMP2 was that teams could run GTE engines, which have already been developed and will run all day. But almost the whole field runs Nissans and no one runs Ferrari, Porsche, Aston or Chevy engines. Did I make that up in my head?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I was under the same impression . But im sure there is more involved than just dropping a 997 engine into the back of it , intake , cooling , exhaust to name a few would need work .
I think it's hard and expensive to get a GTE block engine up and running against the Nissan "wonder" engine.
All costs considered, the Nissan engine is simply the best deal.
Old 11 Feb 2013, 21:16 (Ref:3203087)   #133
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... because they allowed a lot of modifications from the stock to the race engine. So its not really a stock engine and the engines are not really cheaper compared to old LMP2 race engines ...
Old 12 Feb 2013, 13:29 (Ref:3203480)   #134
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
That's a shame. I was loiking forward to seeing (but mostly HEARING) GTE engines in P2. Besides it could give interestng marketing opportunities. 4.5 Maserati V8 anyone?
Old 12 Feb 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3203485)   #135
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The quote below from Oreca's website sheds a bit more light on it. I guess the installation is optimised in-house so it makes sense to use the Oreca-Nissan package unless you have a very good reason to use something else.

"Finally, Oreca-Engine has had many successes on circuit, notably in the World Endurance Championship and European Le Mans Series with a Nissan V8 overseen by the department’s engineers."
Old 15 Feb 2013, 09:05 (Ref:3205187)   #136
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Besides it could give interestng marketing opportunities. 4.5 Maserati V8 anyone?
Maybe not so far fetched?