Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Sep 2015, 14:27 (Ref:3571868)   #1
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CSCC Swinging 60's at Donny..

We was Robbed..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8TgVoTckEk

Started well, making places..Got greedy at chicane but hey…it worked the lap before re-joined at the back and then some carnage on a load of spilled oil…Car then boiled when standing on the grid, limped back to the pits and was helped to get it cooled down and re-filled with water.. Coasted back down to the pit exit and managed to start at resumption of session…

it all seemed like a procession after that..

Anyhow another signature and was good to catch up with Wayne AKA Moosehead…

Some bits to develop…

Hope you enjoy the first few laps…

Neil.
Old 6 Sep 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3571950)   #2
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Looked like a really good dive past the TR under brakes.......until it wasn't

Its all good experience
Old 6 Sep 2015, 19:41 (Ref:3571955)   #3
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
really enjoyed the first few laps but felt a little short changed at the stoppages etc…Marshalls as ever did a great job clearing it all up. ..

While I have your attention Richard. A nice guy in Group 1 was racing a 1974 Alfa GT2000 and lost his screen, he didn't realise it was toughened and not laminated….

I don't know if you have access to such early bits? or if you know anyone? If you PM me I can forward details etc or maybe you can point him in right direction.

Cheers
N.
Old 7 Sep 2015, 00:15 (Ref:3572012)   #4
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to meet you Neil

Yeah it was a bit of a non event really.

Crap qually left me with 28th on the grid which put me in the second batch when the red lights went out ie the front lot had disapeared by the time we exited the chicane! Stuck behind a gaggle of Elans I could see Heightswitch ahead but I just couldn't make much headway until he exited stage left in a clound of smoke Saw numerous cars going off ahead of me so had a little warning of the oil down otherwise I would have joined them.

My temps went off the clock sitting on the grid waiting for the re-start (my car doesn't like sitting idling so I switched off as soon as we lined up anyway).

Apparently some people were told that on the re-start there would be a 2 lap pit window, I wasn't, but luckily did make my stop during that window.

Was just about getting back into a rythem when I just about saw the chequered flag in the setting sun.............others didn't, they came blasting passed me on the slow down lap.

Results are weird - cars that I know completed at least 3 laps are listed as having none. Strange

Galaxie shakedown in the Classic K race went ok, no major issues to sort prior to Spa other than a bit of bodywork after being assaulted by a BMW.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 7 Sep 2015, 11:49 (Ref:3572161)   #5
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=Moosehead;3572012]

Results are weird - cars that I know completed at least 3 laps are listed as having none. Strange

/QUOTE]

Did seem some oddities - in tin-tops one of my mates had issues, with 3 pit-stops and only about 5 laps, but was shown as a finisher with first in class, whereas there were none-finishers who had done 13 laps......

@ Heightswitch - surprised at a GTV having a toughened screen (unless you mean a rear one) - I don't have anything like that, I'm afraid, but they should be fairly easily available. If your man has problems I'll ask within the Club (AROC).....by all means put him in touch with me, even if he isn't a Club member.
Old 7 Sep 2015, 15:07 (Ref:3572205)   #6
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
[QUOTE=Lancsbreaker;3572161]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post

/QUOTE]

Did seem some oddities - in tin-tops one of my mates had issues, with 3 pit-stops and only about 5 laps, but was shown as a finisher with first in class, whereas there were none-finishers who had done 13 laps......

@ Heightswitch - surprised at a GTV having a toughened screen (unless you mean a rear one) - I don't have anything like that, I'm afraid, but they should be fairly easily available. If your man has problems I'll ask within the Club (AROC).....by all means put him in touch with me, even if he isn't a Club member.
I don't think he realised until it shattered into a million pieces..
Can you PM me your e-mail and number and I will pass on your details.
Failing that will forward you his e-mail and number.
Cheers
Neil.
Old 7 Sep 2015, 16:08 (Ref:3572221)   #7
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep - a very strange race and I feel for you all, lots of shots from qualifying as well as a few from the 'dash'

Neil - was that you in #168?

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 7 Sep 2015, 16:25 (Ref:3572223)   #8
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post
Yep - a very strange race and I feel for you all, lots of shots from qualifying as well as a few from the 'dash'

Neil - was that you in #168?

.DAVID.
Hi David.. Yep thats me. Thanks for the flattering shot Just as my car weed itself on the back of the grid…Just water. Luckily a few mates chucked some buckets over the rad and header tank to cool it enough to get the cap off and re-filled. I joined at back of field after field went through… I then pitted next lap to do the dance around the car…I am somewhere like 13th at the finish but god only knows how??

All a good learning experience but it was a long day for 7 laps.

Best time was a 1.27.66 which I think isn't too bad considering I had never driven the circuit before. Bottom section after the old hairpin is where I was loosing the time I think…Its a very Ballsy circuit to drive quickly…

N.
Old 7 Sep 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3572234)   #9
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well if it means anything - you looked well sorted and stable, didn't hear any odd gear choices and the car was suitably planted.

You had a pretty good race face on as well

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 7 Sep 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3572283)   #10
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post
Well if it means anything - you looked well sorted and stable, didn't hear any odd gear choices and the car was suitably planted.

You had a pretty good race face on as well

.DAVID.
Cheers.
nice to know the car presented well even if the nut behind the wheel has more to learn…Need to sort a few issues on the car now before its next outing.

Cheers
N.
Old 8 Sep 2015, 10:01 (Ref:3572418)   #11
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Bit of a Non-Event, after the Red flag. Had the Vette beat, but my throttle went on restart when having a run at the Toy car in the lead...

Neil, Braking was proper later Was that your first race in it?

Last edited by jellison; 8 Sep 2015 at 10:23.
Old 9 Sep 2015, 06:09 (Ref:3572636)   #12
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellison View Post
Bit of a Non-Event, after the Red flag. Had the Vette beat, but my throttle went on restart when having a run at the Toy car in the lead...

Neil, Braking was proper later Was that your first race in it?
3rd Race Jelly so quite pleased…As you say first 4 laps great but a bit of a non event afterwards but another siggy on the sheet. That little Ginetta was insanely quick.

N.
Old 9 Sep 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3572649)   #13
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
3rd Race Jelly so quite pleased…As you say first 4 laps great but a bit of a non event afterwards but another siggy on the sheet. That little Ginetta was insanely quick.

N.
Even my Griff (when I have my head around it), might struggle against that toy car (450kg), but we will see next year.

http://www.davidstallardphotography....15/i-J22z3BX/A