Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Sep 2020, 17:19 (Ref:4006241)   #26
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Looks like things have conspired against me going, now, so it looks like I'll be watching the livestream on Facebook or youtube.......
Is there an official livestream, or is this post just a vain hope for one?
Old 25 Sep 2020, 17:56 (Ref:4006246)   #27
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
see the CSCC fb page -
https://www.facebook.com/ClassicSpor...85224691519628
Old 25 Sep 2020, 19:47 (Ref:4006258)   #28
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And also on Youtube with pages for both days already set up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ClassicSportsCarClub
Old 25 Sep 2020, 21:52 (Ref:4006271)   #29
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Both, will have fun with that!

*Edit* Will it be more than one camera or will it be a single camera job?
Old 25 Sep 2020, 21:56 (Ref:4006273)   #30
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Not sure - at Thruxton it was just a fixed camera......
Old 25 Sep 2020, 22:07 (Ref:4006274)   #31
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
Fascinating

Not sure I know what the point of that is, I saw one stream the other week that was just a shot of the commentator at Anglesea
That great picturesque track that always provides briliant racing and we get a shot of a guy talking

That's one series that needs to be Alpha Live'd
Maybe this will be too..who knows
Old 26 Sep 2020, 11:49 (Ref:4006359)   #32
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Fascinating

Not sure I know what the point of that is, I saw one stream the other week that was just a shot of the commentator at Anglesea
That great picturesque track that always provides briliant racing and we get a shot of a guy talking

That's one series that needs to be Alpha Live'd
Maybe this will be too..who knows

Just been watching the Tintops - not bad coverage although the direction is a bit haphazard.....Multiple camera positions though, covering most of the circuit
Old 26 Sep 2020, 15:14 (Ref:4006414)   #33
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
Yep been pretty good so far, coverage wise

Though black mark for a huge barrell roll at the Old Hairpin that was missed earlier in the day, but you can't win them all I guess
Old 26 Sep 2020, 15:27 (Ref:4006416)   #34
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Should have watched the live stream - it was bloody cold up there. Had to go and fetch hat and gloves from the car.
Old 26 Sep 2020, 15:28 (Ref:4006417)   #35
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just as cold in the Clerks office
Old 26 Sep 2020, 16:09 (Ref:4006426)   #36
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Really enjoying the coverage.......don't seem to be many spectators.

What's with drivers not coming in for their pitstop? " Nobody told me to come in...." - well there's your race win gone, then
Old 26 Sep 2020, 20:05 (Ref:4006509)   #37
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a bit chilly today, but enjoyable none the less.

With Sunday's last race due to finish somewhere around 7pm and a 2 1/2 hour drive home, it could be a long day.
Old 26 Sep 2020, 21:04 (Ref:4006539)   #38
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What's with drivers not coming in for their pitstop? " Nobody told me to come in...." - well there's your race win gone, then

Presumably pit stop requirements were mentioned in the final instructions. Don't people read them?
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:04 (Ref:4006891)   #39
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Presumably pit stop requirements were mentioned in the final instructions. Don't people read them?

They are very well stressed in the Finals I think some drivers get used to having pit to car radio, which isn't allowed at Donington......
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:33 (Ref:4007005)   #40
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Weather better than expected - very warm when in the sunshine and out of the insistent breeze. Some good racing but a bit messy with safety cars and a red flag for what appeared to be an avoidable administrative matter.

All redeemed by fabulous late afternoon light. Will post link to photos - but there's a bit of a backlog after a well managed and slickly run 17 race bike programme at Oulton Park. A lesson or two there, perhaps ? Runs and hides !
Old 27 Sep 2020, 23:10 (Ref:4007043)   #41
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Weather better than expected - very warm when in the sunshine and out of the insistent breeze. Some good racing but a bit messy with safety cars and a red flag for what appeared to be an avoidable administrative matter.
Unexpectedly good weather today and quite warm when not exposed to the wind.

However as the sun vanished behind a bit of cloud at around 18:00 it started to get quite nippy quite quickly and by about 18:20 it was feeling decidedly chill I thought.

I assume the people still wearing just shorts and T-shirts must have been visiting Eskimos.

Pretty good going to keep to the timetable and start the last race on time.

All in all a pleasant day out and some nice machinery to see and hear.

The generally huge grids were a bonus.
Old 28 Sep 2020, 06:37 (Ref:4007069)   #42
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Lovely stuff, and a joy to see proper big grids of hugely diverse machinery . Favourites included Clive Anderson's stunning yellow BMW V8 turbo in Special Saloons , just about any 911 (God , they sounded good ) and the TVR V8s were mighty . Nice to see Dave Coyne busy at the wheel too , long time since we watched him as the coming man in FF1600..

But , when I stage my coup of MSUK (bloodless , hopefully) my first executive action will be to ban the deployment of safety cars for all but the most serious incidents .
Old 28 Sep 2020, 06:45 (Ref:4007070)   #43
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to get out and enjoy some motor racing.
Never viewed from Hollywood before and it's nice to see over half the circuit. Left the camera at home as Donington isn't the greastest track in normal times.
It was chilly in the wind and cold when the sun went in but we followed the locals and used the grandstand as a wind break. I even caught the sun on my face in the afternoon.

CSCC has big and varied grids and provides great racing even though the many safety cars did disrupt the flow. Special thanks to the brave marshals who prevented more SC by pushing several cars out of the gravel at Redgate on a live circuit. I assume the CoC office was busy given the overtakes we witnessed under double yellows and even SC boards.

Great to see the special saloons grids.
CSCC meetings are becoming our favourite clubbie events and we are looking forward to Mallory in November
Old 28 Sep 2020, 09:39 (Ref:4007113)   #44
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Good to get out and enjoy some motor racing.
Never viewed from Hollywood before and it's nice to see over half the circuit. Left the camera at home as Donington isn't the greastest track in normal times.
It was chilly in the wind and cold when the sun went in but we followed the locals and used the grandstand as a wind break. I even caught the sun on my face in the afternoon.

CSCC has big and varied grids and provides great racing even though the many safety cars did disrupt the flow. Special thanks to the brave marshals who prevented more SC by pushing several cars out of the gravel at Redgate on a live circuit. I assume the CoC office was busy given the overtakes we witnessed under double yellows and even SC boards.

Great to see the special saloons grids.
CSCC meetings are becoming our favourite clubbie events and we are looking forward to Mallory in November
Really enjoyed the weekend. Special saloons were awesome and wonderful to see the Daf again. Agree the yellow BMW was favourite. I never saw a race and a practice session both red flagged for having too many cars on track before. And it may be a while before I see an A40 on the same grid as a Ferrari 455 again. CSCC meetings are always fun and should look great at Castle Combe. Thanks to all for their efforts..
Old 28 Sep 2020, 09:49 (Ref:4007117)   #45
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great day, especially enjoyed the huge grid
of Special Saloons, including Daf 55 racing for
first time in 43 years.
Lots of enjoyable action in Classic K , Swinging Sixties...
A few photos from paddock attached, will post
some from track later in week
Attached Thumbnails
7DB23AC5-ADB8-43A0-857F-E313564CAAEF.jpeg   FF199E1D-1638-4C07-87B4-B0BE2F406D1C.jpeg   B820BB39-6BC0-49B6-84B2-87B4B6A3682A.jpeg  

E7762E70-A8CD-408B-93B0-74AE5D7D08A6.jpeg   A3000C48-3287-4714-BA30-8AF31D4B9F3D.jpeg  
Old 28 Sep 2020, 10:08 (Ref:4007125)   #46
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
I thought Mallory was closed to spectators?
Old 28 Sep 2020, 10:14 (Ref:4007130)   #47
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Been a couple of times. Paddock is off limits, otherwise you can watch anywhere around the outside.
Old 28 Sep 2020, 12:21 (Ref:4007165)   #48
rww
Racer

United Kingdom
St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex
rww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC Pit stop regs.

Quote:
They are very well stressed in the Finals I think some drivers get used to having pit to car radio, which isn't allowed at Donington......
Just to clarify the CSCC pit stop regs, if the safety car is out in the pit window ( 10 - 25 mins) then the window is extended to the end of the race.

Hence Car 106 ( Swinging Sixties Orange/Blue Mini, Sunday) did, despite the commentators comments, pit correctly. Unfortunately our pit stop was 3/10 sec shorter than the 2 min regulation because we timed from the incorrect pit entry line. Another lesson learned !

Pit radios !? We rely on nothing else than Father/Son telepathy. A great series and surprisingly competitive.
Old 28 Sep 2020, 13:31 (Ref:4007178)   #49
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I have just bought tickets online for the November meeting.
Old 28 Sep 2020, 19:33 (Ref:4007247)   #50
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmR3Zzx9

First gallery from yesterday now on Flickr - some memories revived, some wild looking machinery, a contretemps twixt Minor and Mustang and some arty shots too - all from race 2 of the Special Saloons & Modsports and Bernies V8s