Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 22 Mar 2018, 09:41 (Ref:3809831)   #26
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
From what I could make out Lorenzo suffered some sort of mechanical/electrical failure, he appeared to fall with no good reason.
Yep, brake failure.
Old 22 Mar 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3809834)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Caught the highlights last night. What a race, close action for the lead throughout. The Doctor still has it in him and Dovi, could it be his season after coming so close last season?
Old 8 Apr 2018, 19:14 (Ref:3814149)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
What a race !! Although the organisers couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery it had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish.
Miller was robbed by the start decision but it was good to see Crutchlow take the win, as for Marquez he should be banned from the next race !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Apr 2018, 19:15 (Ref:3814152)   #29
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
What a race !! Although the organisers couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery it had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish.
Miller was robbed by the start decision it was good to see Crutchlow take the win, as for Marquez he should be banned from the next race !
Well said Gordon, great race indeed. The start had the look of a VSCC handicap staggered start!
Old 8 Apr 2018, 22:40 (Ref:3814224)   #30
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not much keeps me awake at 4am these days but this did. What a bizarre race, from the pre race antics, to the debacle that is the World Champion (what does he need to do to get a black flag). Regardless it kept me on the edge of my seat to the flag.

Thank heavens for MotoGP. It single handedly justifies the money I spend on an all motor sports Foxtel package.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 22:59 (Ref:3814226)   #31
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Utterly ridiculous.

I should have started to regularly follow MotoGP a long time ago.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 07:26 (Ref:3814293)   #32
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL

Old 9 Apr 2018, 12:55 (Ref:3814391)   #33
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice haha! Crazy qualifying, crazy start procedure, crazy race. Surely there needs to be a rule about starting races like this and Sachsenring a couple of years ago?
Old 9 Apr 2018, 22:17 (Ref:3814547)   #34
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
LOL

Was that his wet or dry bike ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Apr 2018, 08:01 (Ref:3814594)   #35
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
F1 was like watching paint dry in comparison, how Jack Miller stopped on that bike in qualifying on slicks I've no idea, perhaps superglue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL8yC0ovV8E

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 10 Apr 2018 at 08:09.
Old 10 Apr 2018, 10:19 (Ref:3814620)   #36
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the race at the top was very good... i was cheering for Zarco .. but it wasnt to be.. this time

regarding Marquez .. not much to add after repeatedly causing chaos

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Apr 2018, 11:29 (Ref:3814634)   #37
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
the race at the top was very good... i was cheering for Zarco .. but it wasnt to be.. this time

regarding Marquez .. not much to add after repeatedly causing chaos
It's only a matter of time for Zarco, I wonder what the Yamaha works team are thinking right now !!!
Old 11 Apr 2018, 06:57 (Ref:3814804)   #38
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Miller was robbed by the start decision but it was good to see Crutchlow take the win, as for Marquez he should be banned from the next race !
Marquez's on track antics should have got him a black flag, I can understand his desire to take the start by whatever means but his riding tactics in the race were absolutely reprehensible. As you say at the very least he should be docked an entry for the next race, I've seen better riding standards in a junior Bemsee race. Whatever is going on with Lorenzo? Great win for Cal and thanks for the Miller quay link, his bravery should have been better rewarded.

Last edited by justracing; 11 Apr 2018 at 07:07.
Old 11 Apr 2018, 09:38 (Ref:3814828)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Caught the highlights last night. Bizarre start, although I can understand why they made it so Miller had a bit of an advantage. Marquez definitely needs to read the rulebook regards the start and him riding into others just showed lack of respect. Great rider, but he needs to stop these dangerous moves.

Great 4 bike battle at the front, especially with riders who are usually behind the top teams. Just amazed the factory Yamahas didn't do much. Well done Cal, first Brit to lead championship since 1979. Just think what he could do on a factory Honda?
Old 12 Apr 2018, 12:28 (Ref:3815010)   #40
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
How many times has Rossi knocked other riders off their bikes?

Ask Stoner how many times the Doctor ran out of talent and knocked him off.

Knocking Marquez off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW_PvMP6hn0

Seems to be a speciality:

https://www.motor1.com/news/128432/r...-legal-action/

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, Rossi has no room to complain!

Last edited by wnut; 12 Apr 2018 at 12:42.
Old 12 Apr 2018, 13:07 (Ref:3815018)   #41
S griffin
Veteran

The difference is Rossi at least used proper attempts to pass, Marquez's one against Espargaro was never gonna work, there was no room
Old 12 Apr 2018, 14:27 (Ref:3815032)   #42
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The difference is Rossi at least used proper attempts to pass, Marquez's one against Espargaro was never gonna work, there was no room
The onboard seemed to indicate that Espargaro closed down the apex of the corner and got a bit of a fright when he found Marquez there, it was very ambitious though. There was actually very little contact.

The pass on Rossi was a bit crude, but I have seen Rossi do the same to many other people, so I don't have much sympathy for him.
Old 12 Apr 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3815047)   #43
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
we know already you dont have much sympathy for Rossi .. problem is there were too many such moves in just one race
even last corner in Qatar was agressive, even Marquez said it's expected to do a move, probably doesnt care if it's sort of legit or not

@Regarding Malaysia we know why it happened and he did not get away with it

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Apr 2018, 03:53 (Ref:3815341)   #44
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
we know already you dont have much sympathy for Rossi .. problem is there were too many such moves in just one race
even last corner in Qatar was agressive, even Marquez said it's expected to do a move, probably doesnt care if it's sort of legit or not

@Regarding Malaysia we know why it happened and he did not get away with it
Guilty, I have never "got" the Rossi schtick.

We have had his sniping rubbish with Gigernau, Biaggi, Stoner, Lorenzo, Marquez and others, with one common element to it all, Rossi.

If Rossi was as good as he thinks he is, Marquez wouldn't have been anywhere near him.

Not the only one who thinks so either:

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...quez--agostini
Old 14 Apr 2018, 04:42 (Ref:3815347)   #45
wnut
Veteran

Rossi v Gibernau Jerez 2005 @ 4 min 10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12C7FAbSRv4
Old 14 Apr 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3815421)   #46
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Rossi v Gibernau Jerez 2005 @ 4 min 10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12C7FAbSRv4
Yes, Gib under pressure ran a little wide leaving a gap - then leaned it back in on top of Rossi who was by then alongside and under him. Not Gib's best move ever...

PS I hope you weren't up all night looking for that
Old 15 Apr 2018, 01:04 (Ref:3815573)   #47
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Yes, Gib under pressure ran a little wide leaving a gap - then leaned it back in on top of Rossi who was by then alongside and under him. Not Gib's best move ever...

PS I hope you weren't up all night looking for that
Sadly for me no. I go back to Jim Redman's era on bikes, with pretty accurate recollection.
Much much better coverage nowadays!
Old 15 Apr 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3815785)   #48
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Quote:

and others say this:
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...e-on-probation
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...ack-of-respect

Last edited by Dani Filth; 15 Apr 2018 at 16:57.

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Apr 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3816632)   #49
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Guilty, I have never "got" the Rossi schtick.

We have had his sniping rubbish with Gigernau, Biaggi, Stoner, Lorenzo, Marquez and others, with one common element to it all, Rossi.

If Rossi was as good as he thinks he is, Marquez wouldn't have been anywhere near him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwoJBaTCNi0
Old 22 Apr 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3816880)   #50
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Marquez is no saint, but neither is Rossi.