Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Feb 2020, 04:55 (Ref:3959492)   #51
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Peugeot have made vague statements about getting in to the US market in the near future. Nothing more than it's possible and I think a couple it's likely we'll launch in a couple years. I can't imagine they would since they would likely be stealing sales across the company from FCA with rebadged cars. But dumber things have happened
Last year there were some stories about this.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/26/fran...r-absence.html

"It could stretch out as late as 2026 though it will more likely happen sooner."
Old 24 Feb 2020, 04:55 (Ref:3959493)   #52
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I'd take a (V8 Supercars) touring cars Le Mans 24 Hours over the product planned for 2021 and beyond
I would not have guessed you're a fan of them consindering how much you complain about spec cars and BoP.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 22:05 (Ref:3959640)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I'd take a (V8 Supercars) touring cars Le Mans 24 Hours over the product planned for 2021 and beyond
In that case, I'll sell you my grandstand seat......
Old 25 Feb 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3959782)   #54
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I would not have guessed you're a fan of them consindering how much you complain about spec cars and BoP.
I'm not (of the modern version of it) but at least it's more transparent and somewhat less politically manipulative
Old 25 Feb 2020, 18:03 (Ref:3959830)   #55
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes Andrew, but i suggest that if for 3 rears running you were the only person to turn up you might lose some desire to go back.
The victories will go on record as being victories - so in 10 years time the legacy will show the number of Le Mans wins they have and not the circumstances - few will remember the lack of competition.

Who but us few remember the lack of competition for Audi in the early '00's - and Porsche has chalked up a number of their record of victories when there was little completion or alternative.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 15:33 (Ref:3971852)   #56
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Minor point, but starting from today TMG will officially change their operating name from Toyota Motorsport GmbH to Toyota Gazoo Racing Europe GmbH. Seems to be part of Toyota Motorsport standardizing on the use of the Gazoo Racing branding for most of their platforms outside of Toyota Racing Development USA.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 08:07 (Ref:3971993)   #57
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it just me or is Gazoo Racing the worst name ever? Sounds more like a 24 Hours of Lemons team.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 08:41 (Ref:3971998)   #58
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I don't know why it's become so popular, considering just a few years ago it was only known though the N24 stuff. And the Gazoo name had nothing to do originally with Toyota's motorsports programs. I believe it started out as an interdepartmental mail system at TMC in Japan.

However, because it's gained so much traction, I can see Gazoo Racing branding being used for most Toyota Motorsport programs aside from TRD USA, and that's only because the Gazoo name is only familiar in North America for WRC and WEC fans. However, I think that the Supra GR is sold in North America (edit: it's a limited edition with a planned yearly production run of 1000 per model year starting with the 2021 MY in North America and spread across sub editions), so that may be the start of the push for that brand in NA.
Old 22 Apr 2020, 17:08 (Ref:3972254)   #59
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Here's a pr on the Gazoo name and meaning https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...98/4tgrinfo.pd
Old 7 Sep 2020, 19:57 (Ref:4000822)   #60
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pascal Vasselon interview with DSC

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...n-october.html
Old 10 Sep 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4001456)   #61
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
No bop, yes please!
Old 12 Sep 2020, 20:39 (Ref:4001963)   #62
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
His answers are pretty good alright
Old 19 Sep 2020, 12:15 (Ref:4003810)   #63
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some new pics
https://twitter.com/Toyota_Hybrid/st...91435985756164
Old 19 Sep 2020, 20:32 (Ref:4004330)   #64
TF110
Veteran

United States
The description of what the car is has me a little bit more confused as to what this is. It's not the road car, neither is it the race car. Seems like a model thats doing tests for the lmp1 and upcoming hypercar. We'll see I guess.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 20:48 (Ref:4004344)   #65
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toyota GR Super Sport seems like a good looking car so far. Glickenhaus as well. Not sure what to think about the Peugeot renderings yet. The ByKolles looks more like an LMP car than a hypercar. So far best looking one is the Toyota GR SS I think.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 21:20 (Ref:4005702)   #66
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Toyota GR Super Sport seems like a good looking car so far. Glickenhaus as well. Not sure what to think about the Peugeot renderings yet. The ByKolles looks more like an LMP car than a hypercar. So far best looking one is the Toyota GR SS I think.
I like it, but its way too small in its dimensions to be the hypercar for next year. Theres no way its 5000mm in length nor is it 2000mm in width. Still look forward to seeing this and the real race car.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 21:26 (Ref:4005703)   #67
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://newsroom.toyota.eu/gr-super-...ut-at-le-mans/

can't understand if this is a hard-top concept car "road" GRSS or the actual racing chassis due presence of winglets and huge diffuser.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 21:31 (Ref:4005705)   #68
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
https://newsroom.toyota.eu/gr-super-...ut-at-le-mans/

can't understand if this is a hard-top concept car "road" GRSS or the actual racing chassis due presence of winglets and huge diffuser.
Iirc, the Super Sport uses a TS050 chassis slightly modified and the same engine/hybrid system.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 21:38 (Ref:4005706)   #69
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Iirc, the Super Sport uses a TS050 chassis slightly modified and the same engine/hybrid system.
yeah was aware GRSS was going to use ts050 monocoque and powertrain, it looks so strange as a cabriolet
Old 22 Sep 2020, 21:40 (Ref:4005707)   #70
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Obviously a mix of road going and race car. Can’t wait to see it in it’s racing colours.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 07:24 (Ref:4007317)   #71
deggis
Veteran

Finland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU0FJLS2sns

Video from the pre-race demo lap.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 09:43 (Ref:4007335)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Obviously a mix of road going and race car. Can’t wait to see it in it’s racing colours.
Yep. It looks pretty hideous at the moment!
Old 29 Sep 2020, 10:19 (Ref:4007345)   #73
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Reminds me of the Red Bull concept livery from 2015
Old 29 Sep 2020, 11:00 (Ref:4007357)   #74
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Toyota has used the same "dazzle ship" livery on their WRC cars when testing.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 11:22 (Ref:4007359)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Toyota has used the same "dazzle ship" livery on their WRC cars when testing.
It's really horrible....