Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 7 Jul 2000, 18:12 (Ref:22079)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same place as Adam Petty died (turn 3) and it is believed to be a stuck throttle again.
Old 7 Jul 2000, 18:14 (Ref:22080)   #2
bobdrummond
Racer

bobdrummond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it was a stuck throttle, then it was an unforgivable accident.

Between Joey Dunlop last Sunday and now Kenny Irwin, I've been very sad this week
Old 7 Jul 2000, 19:03 (Ref:22088)   #3
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is too sad. I always like Kenny Irwin, even in Midgets. I wished he'd had an opportunity to run CART or IRL...At least the Indy 500.

Rest in peace bro.
Old 8 Jul 2000, 00:55 (Ref:22107)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Motorsport is going through very rough patch at the moment, and it isn't contained to any one form of the sport...

No matter how safe we think it is, it takes for these terrible accidents for us to realise that, and for things to be done to improve safety.

It indeed is a very sad day.
Old 8 Jul 2000, 03:28 (Ref:22110)   #5
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These topics have been appearing far to often lately. I am not sure what it is right now, but as crash test said motorsport is going through a very black period. It is the harsh reality of racing, whether it be in an open wheel race car, in a stock car or on a motorbike, motorsport is still very dangerous.

Rest in peace Kenny.
Old 8 Jul 2000, 22:45 (Ref:22191)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I live about one hour south of Loudon-so this has been a local news story. The Boston Globe, which usually gives cursory coverage to Motorsports, filled three pages of its Sports Section today, included two editorials about the "risks" of Racing on the front of the Sports Section and a Photo of the wreck on Page 1.

It sickens me that the only attention the sport we all love gets from the general media is when some one dies.

Enough of my rant, may Kenny rest in peace.
Old 9 Jul 2000, 04:30 (Ref:22235)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can speak to that. I don't think I have to remind any Canadians of the only time Cart news was put on the front page of the paper.