Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Dec 2001, 20:31 (Ref:187414)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tony Stewart one busy racer

Tony Stewart will be joining Jan Lammers and Johnny Mowlem at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona in Max Crawford's Judd V-10 powered Crawford SSC protoype. I think Tony is wanting to be known as one of the most versatile race drivers since A.J. Foyt, Mario Andretti and Dan Gurney.

See the article...

http://www.speedvision.com/pub/artic...d/011218b.html
Old 18 Dec 2001, 20:58 (Ref:187430)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good for Him - reckon if he wins Nascar he will look to F1? How old is he now??
Old 18 Dec 2001, 23:52 (Ref:187489)   #3
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You just can't keep a good man down! He'd probably race 52 weekends a year if he could (or more ). Kenny Schraeder's a bit like that too.

Tony's DOB is May 21st, 1971. Old bugger!!!
Old 19 Dec 2001, 01:11 (Ref:187505)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
he is very versatile isnt he ?

he used to race almost every weekend when he was running midgets or sprintcars or whatever it was on dirt he was running...and the Nascar boys run 30 odd something races a year ...so he has 20 weekends a year to fill up ...so one more race isnt going to hurt him..allthough Daytona could be a hard one for him ..but I think he will do well.

Go Tony
Old 19 Dec 2001, 01:27 (Ref:187509)   #5
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's kind of funny- Because he was the one who was complaining loudly about needing time off.
Just goes to show that you can't keep a good racer down!
Old 19 Dec 2001, 02:09 (Ref:187518)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really respect Tony, he's a gifted and committed racer who can adapt to anything, he's done sprint cars, IRL, NASCAR and SportsCarsm even doing 1100 miles in one day in 2 different races on occasions. I think he's the only current top-line American who could make it in Formula 1, with the right chance.
Old 19 Dec 2001, 02:13 (Ref:187519)   #7
Roselady3
Veteran

Awww- Come on guys! Everybody wants to take Tony from NASCAR.
I want him to stay right where he is at- Cup racing. I want him to kick butt & bring home a few championships!
Go Tony!
Old 19 Dec 2001, 04:05 (Ref:187527)   #8
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony ain't going near F1, he or his sponsors may find the money to do a test but, he ain't going F1
Old 19 Dec 2001, 05:15 (Ref:187532)   #9
Roselady3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by The Beer Baron
Tony ain't going near F1, he or his sponsors may find the money to do a test but, he ain't going F1
Ya better not be lying to me dude! I don't think I could handle having to go through my tough process of picking another fav! (do you remember that?)
Old 19 Dec 2001, 05:21 (Ref:187536)   #10
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Rosie, if Tony wants to move to F1, he better be prepared to build his whole career from scratch! F1 rides don't come along to whoever wants one, the best ones are so hard to find because there is so of them!

(Actually you got us all to tell you about our favs and convince you! *G* )
Old 19 Dec 2001, 05:46 (Ref:187541)   #11
Roselady3
Veteran

But some of you guys went OVERBOARD with explainations as to why I should pick their fav. Now who did you try to convince me to like?
Old 19 Dec 2001, 05:49 (Ref:187543)   #12
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Errr I forget who I asked you to like *G*
Old 19 Dec 2001, 05:55 (Ref:187546)   #13
Roselady3
Veteran

Probabally a good guy.
But you know me. I would never go for that!

I'm surprised that you can think at all considering what time it is there. OUCH! I'm NOT a morning person.

But....Back to topic. TONY-
(& don't you dare mention G-strings)
Old 19 Dec 2001, 05:58 (Ref:187548)   #14
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Well its very late for me, gate crashed my bro's Christmas party *G* ,damn should've convinced my friend to send his girlfriend home and we go to a lapdance club, plenty of *G*-strings there
Old 19 Dec 2001, 06:01 (Ref:187549)   #15
Roselady3
Veteran

- You bad!
You should have just stole the girlfriend!
Better yet- You should hit the sack!
Old 19 Dec 2001, 06:03 (Ref:187552)   #16
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Before I say anything I might regret?

Oh ****! This is the good forum, can't say any of that stuff here
Sorry Roselady, Lee & Joe!

Quote:
Originally posted by Roselady3
- You bad!
You should have just stole the girlfriend!
Better yet- You should hit the sack!
Old 19 Dec 2001, 06:07 (Ref:187554)   #17
Roselady3
Veteran

ROTFLMAO at you!
The good forum.....!!!!
Old 19 Dec 2001, 06:10 (Ref:187555)   #18
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Roselady3
ROTFLMAO at you!
;( will I ever get people to laugh with me ?
Old 19 Dec 2001, 13:19 (Ref:187617)   #19
Roselady3
Veteran

Hey we've giggled at a few things together.
But last night I was laughing AT you!

I here by turn this thread back to TONY talk:

95 usac midget champ
95 usac sprint champ
95 usac silvercrown champ
triplecrown championship WOW that'll never happen again!
96 irl pole in indy 500
irl championship some year
98 busch ride, no wins but close. thanks junior!
99 nascar winston cup rookie of the year with record 3 win's and "the winston" ta boot
99 double duty - 9th in 500, 4th in 600
99 5th in points i think
00 most wins with 6
00 3rd in points
01 Hired gun for double duty - 6th in 500, 3rd in 600
ton s of iroc races
many sprints, midgets, dirt car wins on off weekends
Old 20 Dec 2001, 00:37 (Ref:187883)   #20
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, this is good news. Tony is now the "Anything on four wheels" King.
Old 20 Dec 2001, 01:14 (Ref:187893)   #21
Roselady3
Veteran

Tony to drive the Rolex 24 hours of Daytona

Daytona Beach, Fla., Dec. 18 — Finally putting to rest the deal that had been brewing ever since the NASCAR Winston Cup weekend in Atlanta over a month ago, stock-car star Tony Stewart signed a deal Tuesday with Max Crawford to race in the Grand American Road Racing Association's upcoming Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona.

Stewart will co-drive a works-entered Crawford SSC2K powered by a Judd V10 engine along with road racing veterans Jan Lammers and Johnny Mowlem.

"I am excited about the opportunity to run a true road-course race, especially with it being one of the biggest races of the year at Daytona," said Stewart. "I am also excited about teaming up with Jan Lammers and Johnny Mowlem, knowing that their past experience in this type of racing will help my learning curve. I'm looking forward to a great race."

Stewart will enhance his status as one of the most versatile drivers in racing with his Grand-Am debut. Winner of the 1995 USAC triple crown of national Midget, Silver Crown and Sprint championships, Stewart also has made two celebrated Memorial Day doubles, running the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 on the same day. Stewart, who never seems to be able to quench his thirst for racing, can often be found running dirt modifieds, sprinters or midget cars on his off-weekends. The 1997 IRL champion and 1999 NASCAR Winston Cup Raybestos Rookie of the Year is still the holder of a number of Indy Racing League marks, and earned his first NASCAR road-racing win last season with a victory at Sears Point.

Crawford, a well-known builder of racing cars, is looking forward to the machine’s first factory-based run in the country’s most prestigious endurance event. Crawford debuted his first car in last year's Rolex 24 with Doran-Lista Racing, but the car was found to be lacking on its low-downforce settings and was withdrawn for further development.

"We're quietly confident about our chances," said Crawford, from his Denver, N.C. shop. "We have three very talented drivers in the fold, and we have a strong endurance program to go with it. Each of our drivers brings a different level of experience to the table, and will feed off each other as the race progresses."

Stewart will have the a lot of experience to lean on in his first endurance race. Lammers is a well-known name to racing fans around the world, having raced in Formula 1, CART and IMSA in addition to various European road-racing series. He earned victories while driving for Tom Walkinshaw's works Jaguar team in the 1990 Rolex 24 as well as the 1988 24 Hours of Le Mans, and currently campaigns his own Judd-powered Dome prototype in the FIA Sportscar Championship.

"Tony Stewart has a great record in motor racing and has proven that he is quick and can bring a car home to the finish line," Lammers said. "And it all starts at the finish line. I am very proud to be driving with Tony. We have to give him some time to adjust to this new type of racing. He will do the job, though.

"I am really looking forward to being a part of the Crawford program," added Lammers. "Apart from being in impressive company, they are very pleasant, down-to-earth people, who want to get the best out of their organization.

"In addition, Johnny Mowlem has a great future ahead of him," Lammers continued, "and will no doubt make the best of the opportunity that has been given to him by Max and Jan Crawford."

Mowlem, who swept all 17 races in the 1997 British Pirelli Porsche Cup series and is the only driver ever to achieve that record, spent last year with the works-assisted Peterson Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3RS team in the American Le Mans Series' GT class. He broke the GTS class lap record at last year’s Le Mans pre-qualifying driving for the RML Saleen team, and led the class in the 24 Hours until a mechanical failure took the team out of the race.

"I will be sharing the Crawford prototype with two enormously talented and experienced drivers in Jan Lammers and Tony Stewart, and I know I will learn a lot from both of them," Mowlem said. "I'm glad that Max and Jan have given me this opportunity to prove myself at the highest level. They have shown enormous faith in me, and I intend to repay them by doing the best job I possibly can to help Crawford achieve success at such a prestigious race. And if we're still there in the end, we stand a great chance of winning."

Stewart will be following in the recent footsteps laid by NASCAR Winston Cup contemporaries such as Dale Earnhardt, Kyle Petty and Mark Martin, who have all driven in the Rolex 24, and is following in the tradition of all-time greats such as Mario Andretti and Dan Gurney who tested their mettle through the infield road course of the Daytona International Raceway. — Eric Mauk, News Bureau Editor, RACER (Photo: CMI/Cotter)

Add this to his list! Whoo Hoo- Tony. Go get 'em tiger!
Old 23 Dec 2001, 18:32 (Ref:189126)   #22
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee, I wonder if Stewart will spin other drivers out on pit road, try to pick fights with drivers, and officals, blaim his problems on the tires, slap at reporters, and insult fans there, basically just show his spoiled brat a$$, like he did in NASCAR, this past season?