Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Jul 2002, 09:34 (Ref:330030)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
UK Marshalling question

Ok, if you were going to join a UK marshalling club, which one would you pick and why?

I'm looking at BMMC at the moment, but the situation with clubs in the UK is a little confusing so any advice would be appreciated.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 11:32 (Ref:330103)   #2
scottball75
Rookie

scottball75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: UK Marshalling question

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
the situation with clubs in the UK is a little confusing
Your not wrong! I suppose it depends what meetings you are wanting to do, I guess.

BMMC would be the best if you are planning on doing a variety of mettings for various clubs/circuits etc, if only because you have to send back one form at the begining of the year, rather than ten. However if you are only looking on going to one circuit, chances are you could get away with joining one of the organising clubs (BRSCC / BARC etc).

Hope this helps,
Scott.

Last edited by scottball75; 9 Jul 2002 at 11:38.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 12:34 (Ref:330148)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Thanks Scott. I have to admit that BMMC seemed like the most promising prospect.

BARC I have little respect for after their representative's performance at Mondello. I can only hope that he is the exception rather than the rule.

BRSCC were nice to me at Anglesey

Then again, with this whole marshals' union thing, maybe we should start our OWN marshals club. With blackjack. And Hookers. *grin* betchya THAT would help with recruitment

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 9 Jul 2002 at 12:34.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 12:47 (Ref:330153)   #4
scottball75
Rookie

Thats one of the best ideas that i've heard in a long time - where do i sign-up

Last edited by scottball75; 9 Jul 2002 at 12:49.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 12:55 (Ref:330155)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
well you're only entitled to the hookers when you get 10 satisfactory signatures from an Ex-O

Of course we have to decide what you get signatures FOR...
Old 9 Jul 2002, 13:07 (Ref:330163)   #6
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will there be male hookers as well???
Old 9 Jul 2002, 13:09 (Ref:330165)   #7
scottball75
Rookie

Quote:
Well I thought that was obvious, winning a game of blackjack, silly ! !
Old 9 Jul 2002, 13:27 (Ref:330175)   #8
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Piglet - EPMC (Evil Pumpkin's Marshals Club) is an equal opportunities club and hookers of all kinds will be provided!

We can even get a sheep for b1ackcr0w

Signatures will be provided at the whim of the Club (i.e. me) to people I like, when I feel like it, for anything that I deem appropriate. Two signatures will be provided to those who supply large quantities of chocolate and a full Observer grade to anyone who can figure out how to supply large quantities of chocolate that will help me LOSE weight!
Old 9 Jul 2002, 14:09 (Ref:330205)   #9
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will wear my EPMC badge with pride then!! Does each member also get a free ferret?

I'm not all that bothered by the prospect of two signatures - I'd be happy with one signature and a share of the chocolate!!

Where do I join?
Old 9 Jul 2002, 14:17 (Ref:330209)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Hmmm I think that ferrets may be on a yearly performance basis - we don't want everyone to have one or they wouldn't be valued.

You have already joined - all will be assimilated
Old 9 Jul 2002, 14:21 (Ref:330216)   #11
Piglet
Veteran

Cool!
Old 9 Jul 2002, 14:59 (Ref:330247)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah y'see? Was it Bernie E who said back in 2000 that the ferret in your pocket is worth the same as it was in 1999? And we all new than that the devaluation of ferrets would cause problems.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 15:23 (Ref:330262)   #13
scottball75
Rookie

Hang on for just a minuite, ferrets and hookers aside, what is the EPMC going to do, to try and improve working conditions for marshals?

Or have I got my priorities wrong again :confused:

Scott.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 15:49 (Ref:330269)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
I am going to Octagon and I am going to get every management person.

I will cover them in jam, stuff ferrets down their trousers and then force them to live on the Silverstone marshals campsite for 3 days.

Each day they will have to walk all the way to the circuit and if it isn't raining, they will stand in simulated rain and attempt to eat crisps.

After that, if they're good, I will remove the ferrets and allow them to take a shower in the marshals shower block.

After that, I will invite Eric Clapton and Jools Holland to perform a concert but they won't be allowed to attend.

Then I will feed them rancid meat.

At the end of it all, I will give them a baseball cap that says "I survived the Octagon Marshals' Experience"

THEN I'll talk to them about facilities
Old 9 Jul 2002, 16:02 (Ref:330283)   #15
Piglet
Veteran

Could you please give them a cap that says "I survived the Octagon Marshalls' Experience"
Old 9 Jul 2002, 16:04 (Ref:330285)   #16
scottball75
Rookie

Sounds fair enough, but you will make sure that they have to queue for the showers, and that when they get in, that they are freezing cold, won't you?

Scott.

Last edited by scottball75; 9 Jul 2002 at 16:05.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 16:10 (Ref:330290)   #17
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
LOL - will do Piglet - we wouldn't want them confused by the correct spelling after all

Naturally they must queue for the showers - behind lots of people who dont' even belong on the campsite - water will not only be freezing cold but also have that kind of "rusty" colour that makes you wonder if you're getting a direct feed from the loo.....

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 9 Jul 2002 at 16:11.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 16:23 (Ref:330299)   #18
Piglet
Veteran

They must also hike up from the bottom of the camp site and squidge through all of the mud where some tos*pot thought it was fun to wheelspin his car...
Old 9 Jul 2002, 16:27 (Ref:330302)   #19
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well you're only entitled to the hookers when you get 10 satisfactory signatures from an Ex-O

Well, that's me in the club then (as they say). Does this include Korean hookers?

Examining Observer (allegedly)
Old 9 Jul 2002, 16:28 (Ref:330304)   #20
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Tell you what Peter, you can examine and observe the hookers and make sure they're suitable for the membership - how does THAT sound
Old 9 Jul 2002, 16:40 (Ref:330314)   #21
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Tell you what Peter, you can examine and observe the hookers and make sure they're suitable for the membership - how does THAT sound
I'm feeling overtired and emotional already. Nurse, bring the oxygen.................................
Old 9 Jul 2002, 17:21 (Ref:330332)   #22
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Piglet - EPMC (Evil Pumpkin's Marshals Club) is an equal opportunities club and hookers of all kinds will be provided!

We can even get a sheep for b1ackcr0w

Oi, why would I need a sheep then? My goat keeps me very happy!

Seriously, I would base your decision purely on who gives you the most confidence that they will handle the administration of your MSA registration etc most effectively. We're lucky in the South West as we have the Fawdingtons at Combe and Karen Coddington at Thruxton who both tend to be pretty hot on the old admin front when required. Just think to yourself, if you were wanting to go to say LeMans to Marshal and you needed somebody to make sure you could get permission from the MSA on your behalf, would you trust that official to do that? If the answer is yes then nominate them as your licence holding club and off you go...
Old 9 Jul 2002, 18:10 (Ref:330377)   #23
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually, EP, myself and wickedwitch have discussed setting up our own Marshals Club - the BFSL Marshals Club For any ladies wishing to join, we will have rescue units manned with semi-naked, muscle-laden, tanned and oiled hunks and at each incident you will recieve a complimentry massage - this and lots more....
Old 9 Jul 2002, 18:38 (Ref:330409)   #24
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Shinners
Actually, EP, myself and wickedwitch have discussed setting up our own Marshals Club - the BFSL Marshals Club For any ladies wishing to join, we will have rescue units manned with semi-naked, muscle-laden, tanned and oiled hunks and at each incident you will recieve a complimentry massage - this and lots more....
Sounds good to me Count me in!

I might be having a thick day but I'm missing the meaning of BFSL? Someone care to enlighten me? :confused:
Old 9 Jul 2002, 18:51 (Ref:330417)   #25
wickedwitch
Racer

wickedwitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And OUR Rescue Unit will be soooo big that it will make Muppetrescue's unit look like a Berlingo.