Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Feb 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3883859)   #76
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
And RedBull have again launched their car in a different scheme to that they will be using for the race season.

Attachment 52518
indeed just a testing livery but i did find myself struggling to find the Honda badges on the car. didn't realize they still had a deal with Aston. i wonder how much of this will carry over to the race car.

personally i find it hard to look at...no doubt down to the camouflage aspect of it that Mike alluded to. smart really.

a user on reddit posted this side by side pic of the new Merc vs last years. (not sure if the linked picture will work so have also added a link to their post as well).

money aside, its impressive that Merc have jumped out to a early lead in development/getting their car on track but i hope that showing their hand early comes back to bite them!

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...nas_f1_w09_eq/
Old 13 Feb 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3883864)   #77
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RBR did the same thing in 2018. A very cool looking launch/testing livery and then moved back to their traditional look for the racing season.

Richard
Old 13 Feb 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3883865)   #78
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!

meh!

rooting for the team but lackluster livery launch.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3883866)   #79
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What seems to be most noticeable with the Mercedes to me is that both the front and rear wings appear to be considerably larger on the 2019 car, and the front one just gets uglier by the year (that's not confined to just the Merc; it applies to all the field)
Old 13 Feb 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3883878)   #80
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So ... Sport Pesa Racing Point Racing ... the names a bit of a mouthful

I don't think that it looks that bad in profile the colours work well together ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Racing Point.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	52519

The Blue BWT is clear against the pink, the White Sport Pesa is clear against the Blue, and the white band on the underside of the Halo and head supports gives definition to the Claro and NEC. Of the sponsors the only 2 I'd say could be better... but then they may not have paid for better locations is the Bombardier on the curve of the airbox and the telcel hiding behind the rear tyre

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 13 Feb 2019 at 17:06.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3883901)   #81
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting what Mercedes have done, with the sidepod deflectors and also the tooth like front of the cockpit.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 13 Feb 2019 at 19:10. Reason: wrong button clicked ... there is no edit
Old 13 Feb 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3883919)   #82
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Interesting what Mercedes have done, with the sidepod deflectors and also the tooth like front of the cockpit.
The sawtooth is the windscreen, there has been carious versions of this over the years
Old 13 Feb 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3883924)   #83
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The sawtooth is the windscreen, there has been carious versions of this over the years
Seems a little more pronounced.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3883933)   #84
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
All happening today on the A9 from France to Spain. I overtook Renault F1 trucks and Red Bull heading south to Catalunya for test soon.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3884119)   #85
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Sauber Looks fantastic and boy is it a radical aero design. The front wing layers arnt connected to the end plates (loop hole?) massive cuts in the rear wing (loop hole?) **only saying loop hole as no other team which has released has anything close to similar** something weird with the air box, the nose is something else.

I really hope this works for them and will be interesting to see the Ferrari now
Attached Thumbnails
C0E1D201-09AE-4F6E-88B2-F8F1C966E51A.jpeg   434908F0-9B54-45B8-8568-EB2444B0DC3C.jpeg  
Old 14 Feb 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3884133)   #86
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
McLaren ... Love it or loath it ?

Name:	Mclaren.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	52539

The aero is no doubt very complex, but dear gawd it's not aesthetically pleasing ..to me at least.

Name:	McLaren2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	52540

Oh and how the heck does the driver get into it without stepping on the bodywork or doing themselves an injury ?

Image Source
Old 14 Feb 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3884157)   #87
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The AR/Sauber does look to have some interesting stuff going on. Lots of interest in the front wing as well as the interesting engine cover. Not a narrow shark fin style, but a smooth hump.

Richard
Old 14 Feb 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3884161)   #88
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
mixed for me. really really dislike it on the car but was looking at their new kit and i very much like it there. the blue on jacket in particular pops imo.

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/tea...ar-collection/

odd to see the sponsor names on the side of the car like that. blurry in photos (that could just be the photo quality though) but at speed and on TV i would imagine it will look worse.

also that Better Tomorrow logo is a full BAT add...weird.

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/par...rican-tobacco/
Old 14 Feb 2019, 16:57 (Ref:3884199)   #89
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
The Sauber Looks fantastic and boy is it a radical aero design. The front wing layers arnt connected to the end plates (loop hole?) massive cuts in the rear wing (loop hole?) **only saying loop hole as no other team which has released has anything close to similar** something weird with the air box, the nose is something else.

I really hope this works for them and will be interesting to see the Ferrari now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
The AR/Sauber does look to have some interesting stuff going on. Lots of interest in the front wing as well as the interesting engine cover. Not a narrow shark fin style, but a smooth hump.

Richard
with Resta(?) having left Ferrari for Sauber, could this car be a 'Frankenstein' type collection of ideas deemed too risky to go on a Ferrari?
Old 14 Feb 2019, 17:36 (Ref:3884207)   #90
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
with Resta(?) having left Ferrari for Sauber, could this car be a 'Frankenstein' type collection of ideas deemed too risky to go on a Ferrari?
Maybe we are saying the same thing here but... too risky to go on a Ferrari "first".

As with any level of regulation shakeup, you will see some divergence in solutions. So everyone is going to be closely watching how their competition performs during the first bit of 2019. Then... if something works well, expect convergence of designs again as good ideas get copied.

Richard
Old 14 Feb 2019, 22:21 (Ref:3884261)   #91
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
yeah essentially too risky to put on a Ferrari first or even ideas/development paths discarded by Ferrari.
Old 15 Feb 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3884351)   #92
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The JCB sponsorship has moved from Williams to Racing Point - is that linked to Stroll or is the move just a co-incidence?
Old 15 Feb 2019, 12:39 (Ref:3884384)   #93
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Ferrari's turn and they have opted for their traditional Red, but Black trimmings

Name:	Ferrari.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	52543

The Mission Winnow, logo doesn't look as close to the old Marlbro chevron as some have suggested when seen in without any white content.

Name:	Ferrari 2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	52544
Old 15 Feb 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3884404)   #94
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Neat livery!

Can’t believe how massive the front wings are on all the cars seen so far, and think how much better they could look with one a third of the size, and single element....
Old 15 Feb 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3884410)   #95
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Can’t believe how massive the front wings are on all the cars seen so far, and think how much better they could look with one a third of the size, and single element....

Taking into consideration how the weather can be in Barca at the tests, maybe all the teams believe that the cars could double up as snow-ploughs!
Old 15 Feb 2019, 16:19 (Ref:3884418)   #96
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
The Mission Winnow, logo doesn't look as close to the old Marlbro chevron as some have suggested when seen in without any white content.

for me its hard not to see the chevrons even the red ones created by the negative space.

but imo i think the bigger issue is just how cluttered the car is with the number of mission win now and logos...im counting at least 12.

would be a much cleaner without so many imo.
Old 15 Feb 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3884419)   #97
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It doesn’t look the same with the black replacing the white
Old 15 Feb 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3884438)   #98
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It doesn’t look the same with the black replacing the white
The black gets lost in all that red. Not the most interesting livery.
Old 15 Feb 2019, 19:37 (Ref:3884463)   #99
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

but imo i think the bigger issue is just how cluttered the car is with the number of mission win now and logos...im counting at least 12.
I count 14

front wing x2
Front wing end plate x2
side forward body x2
Barge board x2
Engine cover x2
Rear wing endplate x2
top of front body x1
Upper surface Rear Wing x1

And possibly another on the rear wing underside ... I haven't seen any images for this area... no doubt the exhaust, rear diffuser and rear suspension that would be seen in such a photo is "top Secret".

But I agree, a bit overkill.
Old 15 Feb 2019, 20:11 (Ref:3884470)   #100
Richard C
Veteran

Its a brilliant marketing campaign given the limitations they have to work with. You see people talking about it and you wonder "what exactly is Mission Winnow". You Google it. You find the website. You read the description. You leave with zero clue as to what it is. But you leave with one name in your head...

"Philip Morris International"

It is effectively an alternative logo for Philip Morris that sort of looks like the old one. Think of it as a "rebranding" for areas in which the old brand can't be mentioned.

Richard