Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Sep 2009, 00:15 (Ref:2542496)   #51
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What exactly is/was Nicholson-McLaren? They made the engine for Binnie's Lola and for Formula Master, both less than reliable... they were Cosworth CART V8-derived I think... They were also involved in the Cadillac LMP turbo V8 at first I think. Any links we could draw?
Old 17 Sep 2009, 00:30 (Ref:2542500)   #52
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
What exactly is/was Nicholson-McLaren? They made the engine for Binnie's Lola and for Formula Master, both less than reliable... they were Cosworth CART V8-derived I think... They were also involved in the Cadillac LMP turbo V8 at first I think. Any links we could draw?
Also for the Randaccio Lucchini (Lucchini-Nicholson-McLaren - best car name ever )

http://www.nicholsonmclaren.com/history.htm
I think Nicholson was a company that helped McLaren with their engines in F1 way back in the 70's when they ran DFVs. Not sure what happened since...
Old 17 Sep 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2542905)   #53
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
I'm very sure that it's a 100% McLaren engine, and not a Mercedes build.
For Merc there is no interest to manufacture and design such a low volume engine which they can't use in their own models. Such a engine requires a completely different approach in design and manufacture. If Merc would do it the costs will explode.

Also you reference "de Telegraaf" has been known to produce information out of thin air.
That's what I thought - iirc I read it on the McLaren Cars website, but can't remember correctly right now to save myself..
Old 18 Sep 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2543644)   #54
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
I'm very sure that it's a 100% McLaren engine, and not a Mercedes build.
For Merc there is no interest to manufacture and design such a low volume engine which they can't use in their own models. Such a engine requires a completely different approach in design and manufacture. If Merc would do it the costs will explode.

Also you reference "de Telegraaf" has been known to produce information out of thin air.
I don't say that Mercedes BUILDS the engine, I only say the DEVELOPED the engine. Or to be precise, that's what autotelegraaf.nl says. And about making stuff up, that might be true for their 'regular' news but their cars news is pretty accurate. In the past they had multiple inside facts about the SLR McLaren. So I do believe they have good connections with McLaren.

But at the end it seems that Cosworth developed the engine for McLaren.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2626721)   #55
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
http://jonsibal.com/blog/2010/02/mclaren-mp4-12c-gtr/

Ron do something with this!
Old 4 Feb 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2626725)   #56
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do something with an artists rendering?
Old 4 Feb 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2626747)   #57
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally View Post
Do something with an artists rendering?
Yes, make a real life version a GT2 version
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 4 Feb 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2626761)   #58
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
Yes, make a real life version a GT2 version
Old 4 Feb 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2626775)   #59
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gorgeous! I envy the guy's 3D modeling skills; I wish I were just able to get to a final result like that!
Old 5 Feb 2010, 03:24 (Ref:2627022)   #60
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Saw this a couple of days ago on Speedhunters. I think it looks awesome especially the Gulf version. If only it became reality.....
Old 5 Feb 2010, 04:21 (Ref:2627031)   #61
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Thats as hot as my pants! Love it.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2627428)   #62
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Some of those liveries I really think look better on a longtail car, but that's just me.