Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Jul 2020, 17:44 (Ref:3990746)   #226
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Don’t think any of the regulations that have been driving us all made have changed
I am glad they showed practice and qualifying because they are more enjoyable watches than the race on occasion. Hopefully Imola will not disappoint. Got lots of potential to be a great one. I like the looks of the cars so far and a grid in the low to mid 40's could be what we need rather than 55-60. Awesome that AF Corse has their full squad in the series right now. Porsche and Aston has a big presence too. Who needs WEC GTE? Not interested in that anymore after Ford and BMW left.

Last edited by MaskedRacer; 25 Jul 2020 at 17:51.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 18:03 (Ref:3990751)   #227
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I am glad they showed practice and qualifying because they are more enjoyable watches than the race on occasion. Hopefully Imola will not disappoint. Got lots of potential to be a great one. I like the looks of the cars so far and a grid in the low to mid 40's could be what we need rather than 55-60. Awesome that AF Corse has their full squad in the series right now. Porsche and Aston has a big presence too. Who needs WEC GTE? Not interested in that anymore after Ford and BMW left.

I think you’re right on grid numbers, Imola is a very gravel trap heavy circuit (never a complaint!) so a smaller grid hopefully reduces the odds a little for it being a FCYfest

Really hope they have ditched the FCY to safety car rule for this year but doubt it
Old 25 Jul 2020, 18:20 (Ref:3990752)   #228
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Anyone know if there's any streaming of qually/race? My lad is spannering there this weekend.
Don't know about streaming, but it is on Sky Sports F1 from midday on Sunday.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 20:06 (Ref:3990769)   #229
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Don't know about streaming, but it is on Sky Sports F1 from midday on Sunday.
They usually stream on their website - although if it's on Sky then it could be geo-blocked in the uk I guess. Shame if it is as I enjoyed it last season.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 20:25 (Ref:3990771)   #230
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Anyone know if there's any streaming of qually/race? My lad is spannering there this weekend.
Most of the times they have it on their website and youtube.
I don't think SRO does geoblocking.

Official channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/gt1world

English:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEav0N49uQM

Or if you prefer French:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btdnNhmrwMA
Old 25 Jul 2020, 20:33 (Ref:3990772)   #231
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks very much.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3990829)   #232
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Barely 9 minutes in, and we already have a FCY.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 11:46 (Ref:3990830)   #233
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
incident between #12 and #4 to be invesigated after the race.

Sure, there will be no time to do that in the next 2 hours and 43 minutes.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 11:49 (Ref:3990831)   #234
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
CRAP! Stupid Safety car!

And that hs nothing to do with the repairs, these were done under the FCY.
THat's just a SC for the show.

SRO still has not learnt anything
Old 26 Jul 2020, 11:50 (Ref:3990833)   #235
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
CRAP! Stupid Safety car!

And that hs nothing to do with the repairs, these were done under the FCY.
THat's just a SC for the show.

SRO still has not learnt anything
So don’t watch it?
Old 26 Jul 2020, 11:53 (Ref:3990835)   #236
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
So don’t watch it?
The racing itself is fine, some rules are not.
(And I am surely not the only one complaining about the artificial Safety Car rule)
Old 26 Jul 2020, 12:03 (Ref:3990837)   #237
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
32' -> 2nd FCY

Luckily we get 2 accidents in one go

--

41' green
43' FCY again. Accident during the restart. Accident caused by the stupid SC rules. Do I need to say it again?

Last edited by gert; 26 Jul 2020 at 12:17.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3990840)   #238
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
incident between #12 and #4 to be invesigated after the race.

Sure, there will be no time to do that in the next 2 hours and 43 minutes.
The Stewards probably want to look at in-car video.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 12:20 (Ref:3990841)   #239
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
The Stewards probably want to look at in-car video.
I understand. And I fully agree that it is impossible to do that in the next 2 and half hours.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 12:24 (Ref:3990842)   #240
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is an absolute mess
Old 26 Jul 2020, 12:29 (Ref:3990843)   #241
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well at least we get a nice parade of racing cars trundling around...
Old 26 Jul 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3990854)   #242
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
The cars are too far spread out. Let's organize a Safety Car bunch up, shall we?

Thank you, Alvaro!

--
Can we get another one?
A 15-minute sprint to the flag, winner takes all. Sounds exciting, no?

Last edited by gert; 26 Jul 2020 at 14:05.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 14:15 (Ref:3990861)   #243
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Had any of National or International series who race at Imola GT race as strange as this?
Why do they keep using SC after FCY? What for? Why couldn't they just show green right after FCY???
Old 26 Jul 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3990863)   #244
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Why do they keep using SC after FCY? What for? Why couldn't they just show green right after FCY???
Because that's SRO's way of doing things.
Almost everybody hates it, but SRO sticks to it
Old 26 Jul 2020, 14:27 (Ref:3990865)   #245
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Nearly a third of the field retired
Old 26 Jul 2020, 14:36 (Ref:3990867)   #246
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everything aside, the lead WRT Audi had some blistering pace.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 14:41 (Ref:3990870)   #247
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Everything aside, the lead WRT Audi had some blistering pace.
In a class of it's own after the 66 blew it. I enjoyed the race, although the stream kept dying on me towards the end. I also can't understand the need for a SC after a FCY... My son didn't enjoy it so much. A multitude of drive-throughs and finally a big puncture to put them out.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 14:58 (Ref:3990873)   #248
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
....although the stream kept dying on me towards the end. ....
Me too.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3990875)   #249
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah. I did wonder if it was just me.....
Old 26 Jul 2020, 15:06 (Ref:3990878)   #250
JTN358AT
Rookie

JTN358AT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The whole FCY followed by SC is a bit tiring. They were doing this when I watched the Silverstone race at the track last year. It does spoil the flow of the race, does not make it more exciting for the viewers and causes constant carnage as the cars bunch up and crash again. Must cost a fortune in repairs.

Still, great to see the series back, going strong and the best car and drivers won.