Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Oct 2020, 18:58 (Ref:4012487)   #376
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I'm in the states streaming on motor trend on demand, with the John Watson feed. Is the audio about 10-15 seconds ahead of the visuals? Or is that a me thing
The only thing worse that listening to Watson ranting or rambling on about something or other is having him do so before you even get to see whatever set him off .
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:11 (Ref:4012489)   #377
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm struggling to get into this race. It's on on my other screen whilst I'm programming but I'm not really into it. Think it's the weird team and driver line ups due to COVID.
I understand what you mean, but can't really say why it is.

All the penalties are making it hard to get a grip on what's going on.
Some track limit excursions are called and others are not. That's bit weird.
Also, sometimes a car is forced off by a car they are lapped.
It's a bit questionable if you punish for that.
That happened to the #47 IMO: forced off by a BMW.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:11 (Ref:4012490)   #378
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm struggling to get into this race. It's on on my other screen whilst I'm programming but I'm not really into it. Think it's the weird team and driver line ups due to COVID.
Programming? What language?
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:13 (Ref:4012491)   #379
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Shouldn't you be rooting for the Ferrari's?
Hahaha; I am keeping track of them too, but I'd really like to see one of the non-typical cars do well in this race for once. The NSX itself I really like as a car, and they have a top tier driving lineup, so excited to see how it does the rest of the race
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:14 (Ref:4012492)   #380
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Programming? What language?
Learning Swift currently. One of my 2020 goals is to have an app in the AppStore by the end of the year. I normally work in JavaScript (Google Script - like Node Lite).
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:14 (Ref:4012493)   #381
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
The AWS 'statistics' are a bit stupid.
#111 holds the top speed at Kemmel straight - way higher than all others - but massively missed the cornerand had to shortut the next 2 corners.

--

More drive-throughs: Bergmeister (#22) and Abril (#4)
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:14 (Ref:4012494)   #382
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I understand what you mean, but can't really say why it is.

All the penalties are making it hard to get a grip on what's going on.
Some track limit excursions are called and others are not. That's bit weird.
Also, sometimes a car is forced off by a car they are lapped.
It's a bit questionable if you punish for that.
That happened to the #47 IMO: forced off by a BMW.
I'm not really paying attention but all I can hear is penalties.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:17 (Ref:4012497)   #383
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Learning Swift currently. One of my 2020 goals is to have an app in the AppStore by the end of the year. I normally work in JavaScript (Google Script - like Node Lite).
Sounds cool.
I did some VB, VB.net, PHP and Javascript but gave up programming to focus on System Administration, networking, firewalls and all that
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:19 (Ref:4012499)   #384
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Hahaha; I am keeping track of them too, but I'd really like to see one of the non-typical cars do well in this race for once. The NSX itself I really like as a car, and they have a top tier driving lineup, so excited to see how it does the rest of the race
It's been a while, but it was just shown on TV while doing a pit stop.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:20 (Ref:4012500)   #385
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Sounds cool.
I did some VB, VB.net, PHP and Javascript but gave up programming to focus on System Administration, networking, firewalls and all that
You have my respect I switched career last year after teaching myself some JavaScript. Someone was daft enough to give me a job. Now I do internal apps and scripts to automate spreadsheets and stuff, and admin our hardware etc. I think I'm like a super junior version of you Networking hurts my head, don't know how you do it.

Currently working on an iOS app that will hopefully be useful to any iPhone user on this forum one day.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:20 (Ref:4012501)   #386
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
I'm not really paying attention but all I can hear is penalties.
Next thing you'll hear is FCY and SC. That's not much better.

EDIT: That has been avoided, just more drive-throughs. #31 Van Der Linde this time.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:25 (Ref:4012502)   #387
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another drive through, this time for the 2nd placed #31
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:28 (Ref:4012503)   #388
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
You have my respect I switched career last year after teaching myself some JavaScript. Someone was daft enough to give me a job. Now I do internal apps and scripts to automate spreadsheets and stuff, and admin our hardware etc. I think I'm like a super junior version of you Networking hurts my head, don't know how you do it.

Currently working on an iOS app that will hopefully be useful to any iPhone user on this forum one day.
I think programming and scripting is super interesting, I just can't keep doing it all. There's no way I can keep up with all evolution.

Scripting (bash; powerscript) still is part of my job, but I had to give up on the rest
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:30 (Ref:4012504)   #389
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Drive-through penalty for Abril in the #4 Mercedes
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:32 (Ref:4012505)   #390
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Drive-through penalty for Abril in the #4 Mercedes
DT Confirmed. I think that's the earlier one that they were disputing, and had not yet done.

Honda in 11th, but it will gain another place with the drive-through of #4

--

Not a good race for BMW. Highest placed one (#35) is in 18th, a lap down.
Not a good race for Bentley either, at least they still have a car on the lead lap (#3)
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:35 (Ref:4012506)   #391
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Honda up to 10th
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:38 (Ref:4012507)   #392
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I’ve noticed that #88 & #31 have blacked out their digital dashboards on the onboards since qualifying. You could clearly read the tyre information during practice and qualifying 😂

Edit: I think it’s a broadcast thing, on the live broadcast the #93 Ferrari also has its dashboard blanked out but on the cars dedicated onboard channel on YouTube you can still read it. Interesting being able to read the car data.

Last edited by tux; 24 Oct 2020 at 19:48.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:40 (Ref:4012508)   #393
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Lead change. Sadly, we didn't see it
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:42 (Ref:4012509)   #394
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Lapped AKKA ASP car badly holding up and blocking Caldarelli, and helping out his team mate.
Not really fair play, there.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:47 (Ref:4012511)   #395
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Fisichella may be the star driver in #93, but Cheever III has been the fastest one.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:48 (Ref:4012512)   #396
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
FCY ...

21:47:26 ...

What for?
#26 in the wall at Blanchimont, it seems
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:49 (Ref:4012514)   #397
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Honda up to 9th
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:49 (Ref:4012515)   #398
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Honda up to 9th
I need you as a TwitterBot
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:50 (Ref:4012516)   #399
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Quote:

Hahahahaha
Old 24 Oct 2020, 19:52 (Ref:4012517)   #400
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
LOL!