Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 13 Aug 2021, 01:12 (Ref:4066499)   #101
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
LOL

The bar was in the garage. Those were some stragglers
There is no way I can sit outside at my house in June, or this year in August, for a race. I would be completely dehydrated from mosquito bites and probably have heat stroke.

But that looks like an awesome setup you have! Also really made me want bbq, but promised kids pizza for first day of school.
Old 13 Aug 2021, 01:22 (Ref:4066500)   #102
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What will the weather be like at Road Atlanta in November? I guess pleasant, but may get a little cool in the night?
Old 13 Aug 2021, 03:00 (Ref:4066511)   #103
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I would expect very nice with a chill in the evenings. Sadly it could be way too hot for that time of year or wet the entire time.

I think I've looked at a few charts and upper 50s to 60s day and 40s at night. Supposedly the rainy time but last 10 years were below average so

Hopefully not like this week with Louisiana like humidity and storms every day. Been thundering here since around 7 fairly constantly, not much rain but lots of light show.
Old 13 Aug 2021, 03:37 (Ref:4066512)   #104
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not the same, but we’ve been having storms up here in Virginia.

Coming down the Blue Ridge on the way down. Dad says that it could be snow at that time, which surprised me. If it is we’ll just drop down on to normal road.
Old 13 Aug 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4066559)   #105
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe, when I was in Blacksburg it felt like we got much more snow after Christmas but they've had more snow days on campus since I left than they did the entire time I was there. We went years with serious snow about 30 miles west with just a dusting in town. But that's why the ski places are on the west side of the mountains
Old 13 Aug 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4066576)   #106
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, I would expect very nice with a chill in the evenings. Sadly it could be way too hot for that time of year or wet the entire time.

I think I've looked at a few charts and upper 50s to 60s day and 40s at night. Supposedly the rainy time but last 10 years were below average so

Hopefully not like this week with Louisiana like humidity and storms every day. Been thundering here since around 7 fairly constantly, not much rain but lots of light show.
We've already surpassed our yearly average rainfall here - 62" It's ok now that i have a boat at my house!
Old 14 Aug 2021, 01:30 (Ref:4066630)   #107
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
So, if we have a problem you can rescue us.

I’m so giddy for Petit. Le Mans weekend isn’t helping.
Old 16 Aug 2021, 03:04 (Ref:4066964)   #108
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, I've been considering what other gear I may want and what I should try in the grill next. Need to try biscuits and probably a cake/cobbler/crisp as well. And of course ribs and brisket once more

Sept 24-26 is Fall Historic weekend with the Radical Cup guys so that's my next track visit. May have to bring tubing and set my flag pole but probably won't feel like it. Still no camper yet for me, but the Apache Facebook group is dangerous, thankfully all the cheap finished ones are a good drive away.
Old 16 Aug 2021, 13:15 (Ref:4067010)   #109
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Yeah, I've been considering what other gear I may want and what I should try in the grill next. Need to try biscuits and probably a cake/cobbler/crisp as well. And of course ribs and brisket once more

Sept 24-26 is Fall Historic weekend with the Radical Cup guys so that's my next track visit. May have to bring tubing and set my flag pole but probably won't feel like it. Still no camper yet for me, but the Apache Facebook group is dangerous, thankfully all the cheap finished ones are a good drive away.
You should try and get Jon Fields autograph if he is in the Radicals that weekend!
Old 17 Aug 2021, 23:46 (Ref:4067324)   #110
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Question is, does his signature start strong and thick before fading quick and exploding? Or does he sign with inmate number 37?

And considering a new dinner at the track

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQ7IKv7..._web_copy_link
Old 18 Aug 2021, 12:14 (Ref:4067386)   #111
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Question is, does his signature start strong and thick before fading quick and exploding? Or does he sign with inmate number 37?

And considering a new dinner at the track

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQ7IKv7..._web_copy_link
That is a hard pass for me. I love sunflower seeds, but not the shells!
Old 18 Aug 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4067477)   #112
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I think eating bark would be just as pleasant
Old 2 Sep 2021, 00:41 (Ref:4071568)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
This is why the track opens Wednesday, no Taco Tuesday at Petit

Or, Saturday evening at Sebring
Old 2 Sep 2021, 00:54 (Ref:4071569)   #114
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That was one hot curry.
Old 2 Sep 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4071677)   #115
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's September. This deal should be one month away; not two. I guess I should purchase my ticket soon.
Old 2 Sep 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4071687)   #116
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It's September. This deal should be one month away; not two. I guess I should purchase my ticket soon.
Next year the race is back in September!

And with the shenannigans last year around tickets, why have you waited so long???
Old 3 Sep 2021, 03:07 (Ref:4071720)   #117
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Next year the race is back in September!

And with the shenannigans last year around tickets, why have you waited so long???
Because that's what I do. Looks like I need to get either the tent or parking pass....

I did discover today that all youth soccer seasons will end the week before the race, which means I won't have to miss games. This is of course if nothing changes between now and then.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 03:07 (Ref:4071900)   #118
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Something was going on there this weekend but it must be a private event. Drove past it today on my way to and from Gainesville and my three beer and corndog lunch
Old 4 Sep 2021, 03:12 (Ref:4071901)   #119
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Oooo, that’s exciting.
Old 5 Sep 2021, 01:30 (Ref:4072061)   #120
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Something was going on there this weekend but it must be a private event. Drove past it today on my way to and from Gainesville and my three beer and corndog lunch
I think it was a Porsche Driving Experience weekend at the track
Old 14 Sep 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4073845)   #121
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Because that's what I do. Looks like I need to get either the tent or parking pass....
I'm going to purchase tix but do I need camping pass or parking? And my brother is thinking of coming to so same question for him...
Old 14 Sep 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4073886)   #122
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I'm going to purchase tix but do I need camping pass or parking? And my brother is thinking of coming to so same question for him...
It had never mattered which pass you got until last year. I say get the camp pass to be safe, but in theory it should do the same thing as the infield parking.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4073893)   #123
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It had never mattered which pass you got until last year. I say get the camp pass to be safe, but in theory it should do the same thing as the infield parking.
It's the same price so I won't really care until some parking / camping patrol squad comes barreling through demanding to see my papers.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4073919)   #124
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well I own the entire hill from the corner to our neighbors and will enforce the rules with an iron fist. Oh, and Adam's cell number so either one. Meghan bought 2 camping (one for her and one for Erick to park at the site, joeb pointed out clarifying needed) if that helps. I believe we have 3x reserved, 3 camping plus whatever the foreign visitors need. At worst we have more spaces than we use and you aren't forced to move your car over to the comfort station parking

Last edited by broadrun96; 14 Sep 2021 at 19:45.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4073923)   #125
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Well I own the entire hill from the corner to our neighbors and will enforce the rules with an iron fist. Oh, and Adam's cell number so either one. Meghan bought 2 camping if that helps. I believe we have 3x reserved, 3 camping plus whatever the foreign visitors need. At worst we have more spaces than we use and you aren't forced to move your car over to the comfort station parking
Why did she buy 2 camping passes? Are they bringing 2 vehicles?