Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jul 2002, 08:11 (Ref:336281)   #1
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
York City Racing

I have just seen that Mr B&Q is trying to put a deal togeather a deal for LM 2003. The choosen car? A Vaxhall 220.
Old 18 Jul 2002, 08:35 (Ref:336296)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For a minute I thought this meant he was going to race proper cars.

This is in GT, presumably?
Old 18 Jul 2002, 10:54 (Ref:336388)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where did you see that, I have not seen that one, so if it does come of that means that even more of the ten-tenths gang will be at Le Mans ! ! !
Old 18 Jul 2002, 11:28 (Ref:336416)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just read to article over on Dailysportscar.com

So here for people with out access to DSC here it is in full

Quote:
Snipped article as it is protected by Copyright and the user did not have permission to reproduce it. For official word, when it happens, keep your eye on the team's official site at www.yorkcityracing.com
Old 18 Jul 2002, 21:00 (Ref:336881)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
You can bet that even Le Mans won't have seen a party like a York City party before... bring it on!
Old 19 Jul 2002, 00:02 (Ref:336960)   #6
100%VauxhallFan
Racer

100%VauxhallFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be nice to see a VX220 at LeMans - that would make me actually want to go there next year!
Old 19 Jul 2002, 17:03 (Ref:337580)   #7
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I was going to ask Hyla if he fancied a go at Le Mans, but I'm sure even he'd shirk at going flat out in the rain and the dark in a little open tonka toy....

Why not something sensible like a 911 GT3?
Old 19 Jul 2002, 17:09 (Ref:337585)   #8
SolemHill
Rookie

SolemHill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But it's only little in comparison to us Garcon, hyla is a little more Ahem - compact -

OTOH I think I 'll run a book on the total running time the VX220 will get in - should I design the page with hours and minutes or minutes and seconds.......

Light blue touch paper and......
Old 20 Jul 2002, 00:45 (Ref:337831)   #9
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what class will it run in? the FIA GT 2-litre?

Last edited by Osella; 20 Jul 2002 at 00:46.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 12:56 (Ref:338088)   #10
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Osella
what class will it run in? the FIA GT 2-litre?
I don't think the ACO have recognised the proposed FIA 'lightweight' class, so presumably it would be up against the GT3Rs, Ferraris & Spykers etc (not forgetting the Morgan of course)

The piece on Dailysportscar quoted John as talking about Vauxhall as considering building a turbo version of the VX220, which sounds as if it might be a little more capable of doing the job-still a brave choice though....

Someone on the DSC forum has a source who suggests that it won't be a Vauxhall, but it will be British....
Old 20 Jul 2002, 15:00 (Ref:338179)   #11
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Why not something sensible like a 911 GT3?
because John's never done anything sensible in his life!!! thats why!!!! but it'll be good to see something other than a Porsche and especially seeing something that is within a much more affordable price range!
Old 23 Jul 2002, 08:00 (Ref:340350)   #12
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hate to put a dampener on this, but Le Mans entries aren't exactly handed out...
I would have thought that unless Mr B&Q can do a deal withan existing team or win Daytona the chances of them getting an entry for 2003 are in the high zeros...
Interesting bit of speculation though...
RickP
Old 23 Jul 2002, 08:20 (Ref:340361)   #13
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a major factor, for sure. But I can't believe the team is entering into this without it weighing heavily on their minds.

On the other hand, the chance given to the Morgan team last year does demonstrate the ACO's eagerness to have machines other than Porsches in the smaller classes on the grid, and there lies the potential shoe-in.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 08:53 (Ref:340384)   #14
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morgan got an entry due to their previous history (and I believe victory at least in class?) at Le Mans.
Even if B&Q were works supported, Vauxhall doesn't have a whole lot of Le Mans history that they can claim?
But you're right, I guess they have more chance than if they chose to go the 911 route.
RickP
Old 23 Jul 2002, 12:30 (Ref:340616)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
The other problem I see here is that Vauxhall are part of the GM group, and GM will also be running Cadillac's and Corvette's, so will they let another one of there brands run at Le Mans?
Old 23 Jul 2002, 23:31 (Ref:341230)   #16
100%VauxhallFan
Racer

100%VauxhallFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But they would be in a different class wouldn't they?
Old 24 Jul 2002, 12:39 (Ref:341538)   #17
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Guess wot I saw yesterday?!

A red VX220 with

York City Racing Le Mans 2003 Project

written all over it.

Near the Pyramid in Stockport around 6.15pm. So, John, if you're out there, I was the one waving like a nutter from a silver Merc. Hi!