Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 15 Dec 2009, 17:00 (Ref:2600220)   #51
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Dave - nice pics on the site - would you like to shoot at the Oulton track day on 23rd Feb - and sell direct to the punters? I would be very happy for you to come along
Old 22 Feb 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2638182)   #52
RaceTrackEvents
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United Kingdom
RaceTrackEvents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hello.

I'm new to 10-tenths so thought i'd say hello! I've been involved in track events for 10years and have had a race car which i have sold but i'm currently looking out for a new one!
Old 19 Nov 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2793233)   #53
Snifferdog
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hinckley, Leics.
Snifferdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey everyone, Ive just put a 'hello thread' in the marshal's forum but thought I should put one in here too. Im 29 and from Leics.

I dont currently own a track car and have not previously done a track day but I feel that the day I do is fast approaching.

Im into VW golfs and will probably be buying a cheap mk3 to use, they fetch rock bottom prices at the minute and lots of the weight can be stripped out of em. Has anyone else used a mk3 golf on track? Any tips?

Hopefully I'll see some of you on track next year and there wont be a train of cars behind me!
Old 23 Mar 2012, 12:40 (Ref:3047073)   #54
NMMotorsport
Rookie

NMMotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey everyone

Been around here for a couple of weeks now. We have a very small team with a very small budget - Northern monkey motorsport(@N_M_Motorsport). We have a saxo vtr, in white. Its stripped out with a racing seat and 4 point harness, all standard and we only began last year with a trip to the blyton circuit.
Aiming for at least 2 trackdays this year and hopefully some improvements aswell as maintenance. Would be great if any one would follow us on twitter. Currently working on a non starting issue.

Jon
Old 3 May 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3068890)   #55
R4C3R
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
R4C3R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey everyone,

New to the forum...wanted to say hey. I've got an MK4 VW Golf at the moment, saving to get myself something different I can prep for using on track!
Old 3 May 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3068986)   #56
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome
Have you taken then Golf on the track?
Old 4 May 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3069138)   #57
R4C3R
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
R4C3R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Welcome
Have you taken then Golf on the track?
Lol, not yet...it's only a 1.6 S - don't know if it would hack it against other track cars.
Old 23 Apr 2015, 12:07 (Ref:3530248)   #58
LDM
Rookie

England
SE London / NE Kent
LDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

Recently joined the forum and thought I should introduce myself here despite making a few posts elsewhere on the forum.

I have done a few track days and driving experiences, but would like to do more. Sadly I don't have a dedicated track car but would like to give both the Capri and 3200 some track time.
Old 23 Apr 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3530305)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDM View Post
Hi,

Recently joined the forum and thought I should introduce myself here despite making a few posts elsewhere on the forum.

I have done a few track days and driving experiences, but would like to do more. Sadly I don't have a dedicated track car but would like to give both the Capri and 3200 some track time.
Welcome Do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4C3R View Post
Lol, not yet...it's only a 1.6 S - don't know if it would hack it against other track cars.
There is only one thing to say to that and I saw it at Rockingham on a track day on Sunday:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4698.jpg  
Old 28 Apr 2015, 06:44 (Ref:3531401)   #60
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

There is only one thing to say to that and I saw it at Rockingham on a track day on Sunday:
Blimey a KA that's not rusted away !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Jun 2015, 20:39 (Ref:3549152)   #61
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Were not they built of plastic? My ex missus, (2 back) had one, took it down France, went like a bomb at high speed, but you couldnt leave it in full sun..
Old 14 Jun 2015, 14:28 (Ref:3550321)   #62
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Were not they built of plastic? My ex missus, (2 back) had one, took it down France, went like a bomb at high speed, but you couldnt leave it in full sun..
No only the front and rear bumpers, most of them fail an MOT with rust even 7 year old ones !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Jun 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3550361)   #63
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I had one as a loan car for a couple of weeks when my Senator was in for some repair work after some prat attempted a break in and only managed body damage and cutting all the alarm wires. The loaner was a bodyshop special - previously repaired. Probably rarely serviced. If ever.

At the time I was doing a weekly commute to South Wales. 132 miles and usually not any sort of peak traffic time. Dual carriage or Motorway nearly all the way.

The fastest return trip I ever managed was in that Ka. No Idea why that should be - it's handling was fun enough but top speed was nothing special according to the clock. I was almost (but not quite) sorry to hand it back (once they had failed to get the wiring sorted and simply fitted an after market alarm to the Senator).
Old 7 Mar 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3620860)   #64
Nabu
Rookie

Belgium
Nabu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i see this is not quite an active thread but i am gonna introduce myself anyways.

My name is Kostas, i am originally from Greece and for about a month now i have moved over at Spa Francorchamps, in Belgium for work.

I own a Honda S2000 for 7 years now and have been building it for track use mostly.

Can't wait for the season to start so i can visit some of those great European tracks that are situated around where i live now.

Would love to meet up with anyone that visits or lives around here!

Cheers,
Kostas!