Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Jan 2016, 20:21 (Ref:3607201)   #211
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From what I understood the crowd funding part was meant to get it going, not sustain it.

It was also meant to get you something. From membership of a club type website, to access to driver or car development programmes, an opportunity to suggest or by democracy (on the Internet ) chose certain paths the team would take, to time with personal driver coaching if you contributed enough.

Which is why I asked if anyone was a member/contributed as I wasn't in a position to comment if they were starting to provide any of that.

Disappointing none of that is coming yet...
Old 23 Jan 2016, 00:24 (Ref:3607242)   #212
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A tour of the yacht would be a good idea.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 09:37 (Ref:3607276)   #213
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
From what I understood the crowd funding part was meant to get it going, not sustain it.

It was also meant to get you something. From membership of a club type website, to access to driver or car development programmes, an opportunity to suggest or by democracy (on the Internet ) chose certain paths the team would take, to time with personal driver coaching if you contributed enough.

Which is why I asked if anyone was a member/contributed as I wasn't in a position to comment if they were starting to provide any of that.

Disappointing none of that is coming yet...
Just to make sure one thing is communicated properly: They DID set up a member site with a (joke of a) forum. So there's your members only private access. The forum contains a message from the man from like mid august and since then brabham media has been posting once every other month (that includes christmas wishes).

And there's the man's view on what they've achieved (the brabs Q&A, dec 2015 version). I would quote it here for laughs and giggles, but all content on brabham digital com is (c) brabham global ltd and can only be shared with explicit permission from brabham. Which I haven't asked for. Let's summarize as "all is well and we have delivered and are working on great prospects for you and us"

I'd classify as the typical loss of contact to reality someone experiences who swims too long in the marketing waters.

Old 23 Jan 2016, 09:45 (Ref:3607278)   #214
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, very frustrating.

Although there will be an extra source of income from the libel actions against the stolen money allegations
Old 23 Jan 2016, 10:20 (Ref:3607280)   #215
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Although there will be an extra source of income from the libel actions against the stolen money allegations
Now THAT I can see gowing towards a yacht fund
Old 24 Jan 2016, 11:19 (Ref:3607566)   #216
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
A tour of the yacht would be a good idea.
Tickets for that cost 5 dollars though. 25 for VIP package that includes plastic cup of lukewarm beer and black&white photo of the said yacht.

And this is all assuming you actually traveled to the location at your own expense.
Old 29 Jan 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3609034)   #217
Mark8539
Rookie

Mark8539 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I contributed £25 to Project Brabham.

It's crowd funding, at the end of the day you will never see your money again and may get nothing back from it. It's a risk, I accept that.

However, what I'm very disappointed is the almost non-existent communication. Surely, say, a monthly email from them about the progress or lack of wouldn't be too much? There's a few bits and bobs on the website and in the members' forum but I really don't see the community being engaged at this point.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 23:51 (Ref:3659673)   #218
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Just noticed it's been over half a year since the latest news on the site (Sergio Rinland joining as technical advisor).
Old 20 Jul 2016, 20:41 (Ref:3659823)   #219
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Just noticed it's been over half a year since the latest news on the site (Sergio Rinland joining as technical advisor).
It's summer let them have fun on their boat.
Old 20 Jul 2016, 22:54 (Ref:3659839)   #220
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually it's winter now in the land of Oz. But technically even their winter is everlasting summer so it doesn't really matter either way I guess.

The recorded mileage of the yacht must be pretty impressive by now.
Old 21 Jul 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3659924)   #221
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
Reportedly the project took a dive...

Old 21 Jul 2016, 17:27 (Ref:3659963)   #222
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Actually it's winter now in the land of Oz. But technically even their winter is everlasting summer so it doesn't really matter either way I guess.

The recorded mileage of the yacht must be pretty impressive by now.
Correct me if I am wrong but the team is base in the UK.
Old 21 Jul 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3660003)   #223
Chiana
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
"The team"
Old 21 Jul 2016, 20:20 (Ref:3660007)   #224
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
What team??
Old 21 Jul 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3660016)   #225
Mikelancs
Rookie

Mikelancs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark8539 View Post
I contributed £25 to Project Brabham.

It's crowd funding, at the end of the day you will never see your money again and may get nothing back from it. It's a risk, I accept that.

However, what I'm very disappointed is the almost non-existent communication. Surely, say, a monthly email from them about the progress or lack of wouldn't be too much? There's a few bits and bobs on the website and in the members' forum but I really don't see the community being engaged at this point.
This! I also contributed the same, they have or are gaining momentum for a bit of a PR disaster ? Not great to have such bad press associated with the Brabham name

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk