Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 3 Oct 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3771540)   #1
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Track day venues for non road registered cars?

I am in the process of rebuilding a mid 60`s Mallock U2 racing car and i primarily want to use it for track day type events. The car has cycle wing type mud guards so the wheels are covered and it will be fitted with a period type Ford push rod engine on twin Weber 40`s. Obviously this is not a road registered vehicle and has no lights on it bar a rearward facing red and brake lights so the car would be trailered to meetings. I am not particularly interested in doing proper race tracks as i just want to have a bit of non damaging fun with it. Can anyone tell me if any of the airfield type circuits run days that a non road legal car would be welcome? I have spoken to Blyton and cars must be road legal.............
Old 4 Oct 2017, 01:02 (Ref:3771647)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
you'd be best to ask the Trackday companies, not the actual circuits or venues, as mostly the latter just hire out the facility. Try calling Goldtrack or Javelin - just two that come to mind.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 14:16 (Ref:3772097)   #3
Swiftff
Rookie

Swiftff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liverpool Motor Club has one or two trackdays a year at Aintree which usually have sessions for racing cars. I’ve never found anyone else who lets racing cars in, though I may be wrong so keep searching.
I’m a bit of a Mallock fan and saw your earlier post about having a Mk3,4,5. Is that the one that was advertised in bits some time ago on Motorsport Ads? I’ve been trying to track the owner down to make an offer since spotting the old ad recently!
Old 19 Oct 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3775009)   #4
Nigep
Rookie

Nigep should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My track car hasn`t been road legal for years.

What they do request is that it is maintained to a good standard and has rear brake light, which you say you have. Open wheelers aren`t allowed but if you have covers similar to a Caterham style then I can`t see the issue.

I do days with Javelin, Circuit days and others and have never had a problem. You see plenty non road legal cars that are used on trackdays.

Easiest way it to ring them if you are still unsure, then follow up with an email and some photos just be absolutely certain.