Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Dec 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3946817)   #751
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

F1 has an issue in that Kyalami is a Grade 2 and cannot be used for F1 currently.
Good
Old 15 Dec 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3946826)   #752
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Good
Old 15 Dec 2019, 13:58 (Ref:3946838)   #753
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi has a real shot at the podium!helgi has a real shot at the podium!helgi has a real shot at the podium!helgi has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I thought it was decided on the results and not the performance?

So, no logics in that "balance" after all. If it would take into account the real speed, not just positions, it would have had a tiny excuse.

What's next? Remote control of technical failures for #7 and #8? If they are going to slow them down again, Conway and Co will run without cars at all.
Old 15 Dec 2019, 14:16 (Ref:3946846)   #754
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert has a real shot at the podium!gert has a real shot at the podium!gert has a real shot at the podium!gert has a real shot at the podium!gert has a real shot at the podium!
They made a lot of effort to ensure I couldn't watch the race, and succeeded.

I saw the entire 3'04" highlights of the race on motorsport.tv
Maybe I should call myself lucky that I was forbidden to watch it and used my time doing something useful instead.

?
You take out the leader and get no penalty? Impressive, that in typical FIA/ACO style...
Old 15 Dec 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3946848)   #755
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
So, no logics in that "balance" after all. If it would take into account the real speed, not just positions, it would have had a tiny excuse.

What's next? Remote control of technical failures for #7 and #8? If they are going to slow them down again, Conway and Co will run without cars at all.
Perhaps ACO will make them run the next races with same worn tires they used at Le Mans

Or they will force Toyota to swap TS050 for spec Oreca 07 and slap Hybrid-stickers to the car

How about joker laps and reference lap times? So much fun stuff Creventic could teach us
Old 15 Dec 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3946862)   #756
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Good
That will change in a heartbeat if there are the funds for an F1 race at Kyalami.

Simple, they will just reclassify the circuit as a Class 1
Old 15 Dec 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3946879)   #757
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
?
You take out the leader and get no penalty? Impressive, that in typical FIA/ACO style...
The only way ginetta would have received a penalty was if they won the race, so that the win could be taken away after the podium ceremony.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 00:39 (Ref:3946913)   #758
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Both Toyota's will be at maximum success penalties. I don't know what that is but they'll still find a way to win, and, the others find ways to lose.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3946966)   #759
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Both Toyota's will be at maximum success penalties. I don't know what that is but they'll still find a way to win, and, the others find ways to lose.
Yes that is true....you know I was going to say something else. But WEC is so uninteresting this year. And that includes my previously beloved GTE Pro class. Won't bother typing anything else.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3946982)   #760
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Actually GTE-Pro is pretty interesting even though the field is pretty small right now. Porsche seem dominant but it was like IMSA where they benefited from having a fast car and (until Bahrain) also catching all the breaks. AMR now lead the driver's championship and are up there in the manufacturer's championship. A total 180 from last season where they only preformed well or got good results from rain impacted races. They now have speed and consistency in all conditions.

Also shows what impact AMR's late decision last year before the start of the season to switch from Dunlop (now Goodyear) to Michelin made, as they struggled to understand the new Michelin rubber. Now they fully understand it just as well as Porsche and Ferrari.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3947000)   #761
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
And I doubt we'll see a new CR-8 joining the GTE party for Sebring as the car is so new. Hope I'll be wrong though!
Old 16 Dec 2019, 23:43 (Ref:3947056)   #762
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That would be awesome, but I too doubt it. I'm glad Aston is doing well. There were some doubts about it's car last year, but seems they've got on top of it and I'm sure Michelin is one of the big reasons for the turnaround.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 00:22 (Ref:3947061)   #763
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
We do have to remember that AMR made the switch back to Michelin very late in the run up to the 2018 season after testing on both Dunlop and Michelin back to back, and got little testing before the start of the season to fully optimize the car for the new Michelin tires for '18/19. Or at least that's what it seemed and felt like to me from the outside looking in.

Also probably explains in part their struggles at LM in '18 (had speed in the corners and in braking, and was gentle on tires, but had a lot of drag down the straights) and '19 (had single lap pace and good top speed, but couldn't keep the tires fully under them during a long run).
Old 19 Dec 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3947608)   #764
kobefly
Racer

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
kobefly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkobefly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Are you sure? They might do what they did for Bahrain and establish a reference car that will make them run with different level of penalties again (which is so ridiculous for two equal cars).
Old 20 Dec 2019, 03:21 (Ref:3947658)   #765
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
Are you sure? They might do what they did for Bahrain and establish a reference car that will make them run with different level of penalties again (which is so ridiculous for two equal cars).
I'm thinking they should because both are at the same amount of wins. But I'm not sure exactly. Seems more complicated than it should be.