Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Mar 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3962708)   #4651
HarryBrown
Rookie

HarryBrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Yep. Use a web browser; Tapatalk renders tables really badly.
Oh right thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 10 Mar 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3962711)   #4652
HarryBrown
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Recent posts on Facebook from Hard and some of the drivers have been referring the the VW's as being new cars.
I saw a post on their social media looking inside the engine bay and it looked absolutely immaculate so that could be true

Old 10 Mar 2020, 10:20 (Ref:3962714)   #4653
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
The release is about Blue Square but you'd think PC World would be a bigger announcement 🤔 and if that's the final livery... Meh. Obviously whoever did the TPC livery last year can't do more than 2 colours on white.
Pretty sure Mark Blundell doesn't need any lessons on how to be a marketer from anyone on here. Makes me laugh a new livery appears and it's either to blend to to cluttered. Why not just be happy it's a Blue Chip name that's not car related choosing BTCC?....
Old 10 Mar 2020, 11:43 (Ref:3962731)   #4654
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Pretty sure Mark Blundell doesn't need any lessons on how to be a marketer from anyone on here. Makes me laugh a new livery appears and it's either to blend to to cluttered. Why not just be happy it's a Blue Chip name that's not car related choosing BTCC?....
Sorry, I didn't realise we couldn't have an opinion 😂 seriously some of you lot could start an argument in an empty room
Old 10 Mar 2020, 11:53 (Ref:3962733)   #4655
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Any changes for 2020 aside from the "new" tyre? Any weight changes or boost changes etc? Knowing how BMW have been winners for quite some time now, I was almost waiting for a new technical directive to penalise them further...
Old 10 Mar 2020, 11:59 (Ref:3962734)   #4656
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Any changes for 2020 aside from the "new" tyre? Any weight changes or boost changes etc? Knowing how BMW have been winners for quite some time now, I was almost waiting for a new technical directive to penalise them further...
https://www.racetechmag.com/2019/10/...rules-in-2020/
Old 10 Mar 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3962737)   #4657
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I forgot about the new qualifying for Snetterton, should be interesting
Old 10 Mar 2020, 12:29 (Ref:3962744)   #4658
Pickles
Veteran

Boardleys had a bit of an off at Brands 🤦

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...C0WVM3ZV92Ndjz
Old 10 Mar 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3962748)   #4659
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Maybe the empty space under the rear window could do with filling in but I still think it's WICKED.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 12:46 (Ref:3962749)   #4660
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Boardleys had a bit of an off at Brands 🤦

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...C0WVM3ZV92Ndjz
Thankfully doesn't look too bad. First crash of the season award?

Also looks like they've improved the livery from the front, much better.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 12:50 (Ref:3962750)   #4661
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
And for more detail on finer points:

Alan Gow is now officially the BTCC Administrator/TOCA Chief Executive (vice BTCC Administrator).

Andy Clark is appointed BTCC Scrutineer.

Simon Taylor and Mike Broad are added to the list of Championship Stewards.

BTCC Entrants are now referred to separately as "Competitors" and "Teams".

Drivers are now also referred to as "Competitors".

The use of NGTC (RML specification) car in and performance related non-Championship event or test renders the Driver, Entrant or Constructor ineligible for the rest of the Championship (previously was competition only and was focused on the driver).

Tied drivers now get equal ballast based on their position (vice the lowest position removed due to the tie).

Late entry ballast is now 60kgs, 42kgs then 30kgs in successive meetings.

Signals can now be relayed direct from Race Control to the driver.

The technical truck is now a technical centre.

A new table outlining which slick/dry tyres are to be mandated has been published.

Tyres are now checked for conformity at Pit Exit and Entry (vice Entry only).

Clarity on how Snetterton Qualifying times are used is given in detail.

Harsh acceleration/deceleration approaching or manoeuvring on a populated grid is prohibited.

Penalty for being out of position on the grid is now 10 sec time penalty (vice drive-through).

The right of appeal for false starts has been removed.

The minimum capacity for fire extinguishers is now 6kg (vice 5kg).

Supplementary red lights can now be used alongside the red flag around the track.

Any penalty under General Regulations C2.1.1 that relates to a driving standard is now an automatic strike.

Strikes (or partial) accrued prior to the start of the 2020 championship are now ignored (vice 12-month carry-over).

Registration forms can now not be transmitted by Fax.

Drivers Registration fee has risen from £19,750 to £20,900.

Manufacturers fee has risen from £9,000 to £9,500.

Teams as well as drivers are to now make themselves available for TOCA publicity.

Entrants must use their four places at the TOCA Awards Evening.

The 2020 Champion must now attend the Motorsport UK Awards Evening.

The promotional rights of TOCA have been extended to include items such as nicknames, likenesses, helmet artwork, clothing etc.

Interactive games must now be TOCA licensed.

TOCA now have the rights to provide timing and lap information to partners, which may include gaming platforms.

Championship Livery Stickers on cars must not be obscured.

A new Privacy Policy has been introduced.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 12:54 (Ref:3962751)   #4662
HarryBrown
Rookie

Boardley's been having fun

Old 10 Mar 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3962754)   #4663
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Registration forms can now not be transmitted by Fax.
There goes my plans.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 13:06 (Ref:3962755)   #4664
annasto
Rookie

annasto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is Carl Boardley running his BMW on his own? The rest of Team Hard and the CCs are out in Spain whilst he's at Brands

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Old 10 Mar 2020, 13:12 (Ref:3962757)   #4665
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Interactive games must now be TOCA licensed.

TOCA now have the rights to provide timing and lap information to partners, which may include gaming platforms.
These points are what may get Cammish excited....
Old 10 Mar 2020, 13:44 (Ref:3962765)   #4666
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fingers crossed this is put to good use.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 14:27 (Ref:3962776)   #4667
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Boardley’s been finding his limits the hard way it seems
Old 10 Mar 2020, 15:21 (Ref:3962786)   #4668
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Boardley’s been finding his limits the hard way it seems
Punchline.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 16:05 (Ref:3962792)   #4669
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
These points are what may get Cammish excited....
They had to be licenced anyway or is this some bs rule brought in to make it so teams cant go to developers and have their specific car put into a sim like Dynamics have with raceroom?
Old 10 Mar 2020, 16:36 (Ref:3962793)   #4670
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
The release is about Blue Square but you'd think PC World would be a bigger announcement 🤔 and if that's the final livery... Meh. Obviously whoever did the TPC livery last year can't do more than 2 colours on white.
Having seen the car on track I've got to say I've changed my mind, the simple design looked great 👍 the opposite of Ingrams livery last year which looked great standing still but a real mess on track... 😂
Old 10 Mar 2020, 16:38 (Ref:3962794)   #4671
DaviePHD
Rookie

DaviePHD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TOCA Game?

I really want to see a TOCA game again, might even buy a console again if their is one
Old 10 Mar 2020, 16:52 (Ref:3962796)   #4672
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
They had to be licenced anyway or is this some bs rule brought in to make it so teams cant go to developers and have their specific car put into a sim like Dynamics have with raceroom?
2019 wording:
' authorise TOCA to use [...] the name, images and representations of the driver, the team, the team logo and team paraphernalia including [...] the logo and decals of all sponsors [...]'

2020 wording:
'authorise TOCA to use [...] the name, nickname, images, likenesses and representations (including but not limited to animations and computer generated likenesses and representations) and voices of the driver and the team, driver helmet artwork, the team logo and team clothing and paraphernalia including [...] the logo and decals of all sponsors [...] but not limited to, producing merchandise and TOCA licensed interactive games of the Championship.'

'TOCA will provide timing and lap information and associated data (which may include personal data) to its partners (which may include gaming platforms and apps and other betting services) at its discretion.'

And in the newly introduced Privacy Policy 'Commercial exploitation of the Championship, including the development and/or production of merchandise and interactive games and the exploitation of our media rights.'
Old 10 Mar 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3962800)   #4673
Pickles
Veteran

RCIB Insurance back with Team HARD as title sponsors on Goff and Fullers cars:

https://www.team-hard.com/right-choi...acing-in-2020/
Old 10 Mar 2020, 17:11 (Ref:3962803)   #4674
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That pearl white is stunning!
Old 10 Mar 2020, 17:12 (Ref:3962804)   #4675
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
RCIB Insurance back with Team HARD as title sponsors on Goff and Fullers cars:

https://www.team-hard.com/right-choi...acing-in-2020/
Wow, they didn't even try with that livery...