Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Sep 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3930803)   #126
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
More than a few improvements underway still at the track.
The entire road from vendor village to the crossover is blocked off and removed. Looks like paving next week.
Lots of large hospitality buildings going up around the track.
New plantings to take up camping spaces as well, including camellias that flower over the winter. You know, when everyone is racing.
Looks like they're going to have to fix some drainage access or they've decided that cap will never float away again.
Drift event at Lanier and they're grading up to the wall for parking backed up to the fence it looks like. Lanier is packed for the event already at 945.

And all the open "grass"at 4 and two guys are camping in my spot under the tree. And yes, it's still all clay
Jesus don't wait till the last minute to get that road paved....

And since I'm already here, does whiskey count as beer?

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsQOTD/sta...890014209?s=19
Old 29 Sep 2019, 13:46 (Ref:3930821)   #127
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Jesus don't wait till the last minute to get that road paved....

And since I'm already here, does whiskey count as beer?

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsQOTD/sta...890014209?s=19
It'll take a day to pave. Without a drop of rain in sight, should be fine.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3930861)   #128
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It'll take a day to pave. Without a drop of rain in sight, should be fine.
Stop saying that, now the early forecast shows that stuff Monday and Tuesday morning
Old 29 Sep 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3930921)   #129
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Stop saying that, now the early forecast shows that stuff Monday and Tuesday morning
I coincided weeks ago that it won't rain until we make camp. It's the way life works.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3930947)   #130
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I coincided weeks ago that it won't rain until we make camp. It's the way life works.
Yeah, that it is. Same as the wind doesn't gust until I either layout my tent or try to attach it remove the fly. Then it's hurricane time.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 15:48 (Ref:3931113)   #131
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
over night temps are looking nice and sleep-able
Attached Thumbnails
two.PNG  
Old 30 Sep 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3931137)   #132
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, not really liking that rain on Tues but I guess better than Sunday rain breaking camp. And 80s would have sounded insane except this week is still mid 90s, 94 degrees here in Atlanta today.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3931166)   #133
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Yeah, not really liking that rain on Tues but I guess better than Sunday rain breaking camp. And 80s would have sounded insane except this week is still mid 90s, 94 degrees here in Atlanta today.
It's July 90th, 2019.

And depending on where you look, Tuesday through Sunday......
Old 1 Oct 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3931288)   #134
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Attached Thumbnails
three.PNG   three01.PNG  
Old 1 Oct 2019, 21:56 (Ref:3931374)   #135
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I prefer WeatherBug and setup looks better. And holy crap fall comes in hard this weekend, 20 degree drop is nuts
Old 1 Oct 2019, 23:56 (Ref:3931379)   #136
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I prefer WeatherBug and setup looks better. And holy crap fall comes in hard this weekend, 20 degree drop is nuts
Lucky dog. You got a little lightning bolt again, top left. That's not shown on mine since August...
Old 1 Oct 2019, 23:58 (Ref:3931380)   #137
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Lucky dog. You got a little lightning bolt again, top left. That's not shown on mine since August...
Nope, that's for Braselton. Pretty good size storm over the lake earlier but nothing at all here
Old 2 Oct 2019, 12:38 (Ref:3931463)   #138
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
By 3 pm today, the heat index will be 100. Tomorrow at 3 pm, the forecast says 103 heat index. Looks like some reprieve this weekend and next week, thankfully.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3931469)   #139
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Just noticed the bump in the Saturday schedule. The race won't start until 1205, meaning a 1005 finish. I'd like to hear the reasoning behind this and not sure how I like it. More Friday recovery time prior to green flag and possibly more people staying Saturday night.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:22 (Ref:3931484)   #140
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I had missed that, much more night running with that move. And hopefully more people staying, otherwise Hall County authorities will be BUSY.

Not sure how I feel about the later start, def will be dinner during the race now then. Guessing it is purely to get on NBC but I don't know what they would be airing other than local informercial time.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 16:08 (Ref:3931509)   #141
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I had missed that, much more night running with that move. And hopefully more people staying, otherwise Hall County authorities will be BUSY.

Not sure how I feel about the later start, def will be dinner during the race now then. Guessing it is purely to get on NBC but I don't know what they would be airing other than local informercial time.
More nighttime running, but i dont' really like it. Some of us have to get up early and drive 8 hours.....
Old 2 Oct 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3931540)   #142
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
By 3 pm today, the heat index will be 100. Tomorrow at 3 pm, the forecast says 103 heat index. Looks like some reprieve this weekend and next week, thankfully.
Yep, aside from no rain it has been awesome!!
Old 2 Oct 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3931552)   #143
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
i got my peach pass in the mail yesterday so I can now pay even more for my trip and maybe shave 10 minutes off
Old 2 Oct 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3931560)   #144
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
i got my peach pass in the mail yesterday so I can now pay even more for my trip and maybe shave 10 minutes off
Yeah, last weekend there was a guy rolling along at 55 in the peach pass lane with a lone behind him. I was surprised he wasn't bumped in to the wall, I blew by at 80ish and was being passed by 2 over 90. It was surprisingly smooth running north on a Saturday until Hamilton Mill, then 2 lanes of 60 the last bit.

But on the plus side, more and more states are using that system so you can actually use it more than just Georgia.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3931754)   #145
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Current conditions in Braselton are Satan's taint hot and humid. But future outlook is improving. 21 degree drop in a day is crazy, but VERY welcomed

Old 3 Oct 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3931759)   #146
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yea, F JH and his heat. It's not this hot in July. DONE!

And a 20 degree drop with no real rain. Strange...
Old 3 Oct 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3931769)   #147
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
It's STUPID hot up in Braselton right now
Attached Thumbnails
braselton.PNG   four.PNG  
Old 4 Oct 2019, 00:52 (Ref:3931813)   #148
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yea, F JH and his heat. It's not this hot in July. DONE!

And a 20 degree drop with no real rain. Strange...
The past few days have been excessive, I admit.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 01:10 (Ref:3931819)   #149
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Thankfully I don't see the electric bill, I'm scared to know since someone decides the AC must be set to refrigerator.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 12:58 (Ref:3931891)   #150
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
still looking good. maybe a chance of not dry on Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails
twc.PNG   ACC.PNG