Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 22 Nov 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1772402)   #26
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme
I'd never checked until now but I was 14 seconds a lap faster than anyone else on the last 3 (wet) laps - and finished 14 seconds behind the leader...
So maybe you'd have needed two laps.

It was certainly an impressive drive.
Old 22 Nov 2006, 17:23 (Ref:1772418)   #27
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
No we couldn't get our normal november Stowe date.
Are BARC SEC still running Stowe races? I haven't seen any for a while - I rather miss them! (Actually, I can't think of a Stowe race I haven't throughly enjoyed).
Old 23 Nov 2006, 07:01 (Ref:1772809)   #28
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme
Are BARC SEC still running Stowe races? I haven't seen any for a while - I rather miss them! (Actually, I can't think of a Stowe race I haven't throughly enjoyed).
Ditto for me in the single seaters - good value.

Diz, I may be interested in the Oulton rounds of the saloon car series in a Fiat Uno, depending on the usual factors: dates, cost, classes. I am a big fan of the idea of regional racing and I think that at club level it is an excellent way of lowering cost. When you have sorted out the NW can you do the same for the midlands please?
Old 23 Nov 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1773564)   #29
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
am i missing somthing here
there is already a n/w sports saloon championship with 6 class from standard to super modified which is based at oulton but also race at Anglesey at least twice a year
Old 23 Nov 2006, 22:52 (Ref:1773581)   #30
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy
am i missing somthing here
there is already a n/w sports saloon championship with 6 class from standard to super modified which is based at oulton but also race at Anglesey at least twice a year
And it isn't exactly prospering at the moment, a few powerful monsters scare the rest away.
Now take 'em all, split 'em into fast and slow, with no need to follow a championship. Pick and choose when and where you want to do a race. You might be NW based and following a championship but don't fancy the next two rounds at Lydden and Snett. No problem, don't do them, just do a local meeting instead. It wouldn't be taking entries from your championship because you wouldn't be doing those two rounds anyway.
Give the drivers a choice and they will choose what suits them.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 08:13 (Ref:1773751)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On the subject of "one-off" events, I know that simon Adams of MSTravel ran a classic Saloons event covering 60's and 70's cars at Snetterton last year.

I would have entered my car but my job was getting in the way.

The point is diz that you may well have something here but it could be coordinated with other organisers and whilst not being a championship you could offer the coverage of a series title by joining forces and putting on a "package" of races. All regionally based but allowing competitors the luxury of choosing when and where they race. The organisation thing is more about making sure dates don't clash.

On the subject of independent organisers as far as I know there's you, The CTCRC (held a self organised meeting in October), Simon Adams' team & Top Hat. Agreed these cater for the older car (where my personal interest lies), but there is nothing to stop the format from applying to the more modern and modified machinery.

Definitely food for thought.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1775946)   #32
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to read a good deal of negative points about this.

So why does the concept of a 'road saloons' and a 'GT & sports cars' series work so well at Castle Combe - most types of cars can run, but minimal travelling & accommodation expenses - and why couldn't the same idea work in the NW?
Old 27 Nov 2006, 21:13 (Ref:1776130)   #33
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
their,s already a n/w championship http://www.barc.net/regional_centres...st/reports.php and a northern one http://www.darlington-motor-club.org...nsscc_news.htm which just about covers every car ever made
Old 28 Nov 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1776431)   #34
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
And it isn't exactly prospering at the moment, a few powerful monsters scare the rest away.
Do the fast cars scare everyone else away? (They don't scare me, and am about the slowest car out there. Actually, the fastest drivers are very courtious (sp?); the mid-field however can be a bit rude on occassions...). I understand that BARC NW sports & saloons will be free registeration in 2007, so anyone who does fancy a one-off race can effectively just turn up.