Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Sep 2012, 10:17 (Ref:3138351)   #51
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think I want to see this. Ever. It's FUGLY.
Mp4-12C is cute. This thing is just plain 'orrible...

And why would I want it to race?
Old 19 Sep 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3138355)   #52
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I think its beautiful especially the rear end.

Ive seen some power figures bandied about (900-1000hp), where are people getting these from? I havent seen anything official that confirms these.

Its a shame old GT1 doesnt exist anymore because this would be almost a certainty to compete.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3138376)   #53
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know everyone is talking in 'what ifs' in this scenario but even so I really have never understood the argument that 'a car is ugly so I don't want to see it race'.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3138378)   #54
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Ive seen some power figures bandied about (900-1000hp), where are people getting these from? I havent seen anything official that confirms these.
Me from GTspirit:

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/09/09/m...ews-and-facts/

The basic setup of the concept starts at the carbon fiber tube – similar to the MP4-12C – housing a 3.8 liter V8 engine turbocharged and producing up to 800hp. The most interesting fact is that the new supercar will be able to produce power approaching 1,000hp thanks a next generation Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) boost offering an additional 200hp.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3138396)   #55
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
Me from GTspirit:

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/09/09/m...ews-and-facts/

The basic setup of the concept starts at the carbon fiber tube – similar to the MP4-12C – housing a 3.8 liter V8 engine turbocharged and producing up to 800hp. The most interesting fact is that the new supercar will be able to produce power approaching 1,000hp thanks a next generation Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) boost offering an additional 200hp.
Thanks. Is that actual McLaren PR? I've seen the pics but little other actual info on the car from McLaren themselves.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3138420)   #56
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not a lot of info has been released. More expected on the 27th when it breaks cover.

http://media.mclarenautomotive.com/release/155/

I did work out it will take me 28 years to be able to afford one if I start saving now... Anyone want to pool resources?
Old 19 Sep 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3138477)   #57
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Not a lot of info has been released. More expected on the 27th when it breaks cover.

http://media.mclarenautomotive.com/release/155/

I did work out it will take me 28 years to be able to afford one if I start saving now... Anyone want to pool resources?
Nah, i got other cars in mind:
Old 20 Sep 2012, 02:20 (Ref:3138797)   #58
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
This discussion about the McLarens brings back memories.

I was fortunate to interview Bill Auberlen just weeks after he raced for the first time at Le Mans while driving the McLaren F1.

His eyes were big, he sat at the edge of his seat and he was almost laughing as he described his experience. Here's the interview...

http://www.lasersol.com/CyberMotor/p...8/auberlen.htm

Last edited by CyberMotor; 20 Sep 2012 at 02:28.
Old 20 Sep 2012, 05:23 (Ref:3138854)   #59
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I don't think I want to see this. Ever. It's FUGLY.
Mp4-12C is cute. This thing is just plain 'orrible...

And why would I want it to race?
if you think that P1 looks "orrible", then whatever that car is below your Screen Name is butt Ugly!
Old 20 Sep 2012, 08:11 (Ref:3138915)   #60
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Nah, i got other cars in mind:
So do I.

Old 20 Sep 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3138922)   #61
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're all off your rockers...

Old 20 Sep 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3138926)   #62
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Agree with the "off the rockers", disagree with the car choice.

Old 20 Sep 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3138928)   #63
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
I would've chosen the Ueno car except for the fact McLaren won't sell it...
Old 26 Sep 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3141910)   #64
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More Macca P1 Design images & Patent Sketches:

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/09/26/n...-design-study/
Old 26 Sep 2012, 11:09 (Ref:3141922)   #65
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
This discussion about the McLarens brings back memories.

I was fortunate to interview Bill Auberlen just weeks after he raced for the first time at Le Mans while driving the McLaren F1.

His eyes were big, he sat at the edge of his seat and he was almost laughing as he described his experience. Here's the interview...

http://www.lasersol.com/CyberMotor/p...8/auberlen.htm
Cool to see that side again, was really beneficiary in bringing our plans to visit the Petit the first time in 2000 to fruition.
Old 26 Sep 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3142148)   #66
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always liked the Marlboro Mclaren F1(sports car not formula one cars from 94/95/96), I think it raced in the Far eastern rounds, of the GT championship. Petty I cant find a picture of it.
Old 26 Sep 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3142162)   #67
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
More Macca P1 Design images & Patent Sketches:

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/09/26/n...-design-study/
It still looks like someone got a permanent marker and scribbled all over a Peugeot RCZ.
Old 27 Sep 2012, 01:42 (Ref:3142295)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Our good friend Jag has tweeted that Auto sport is reporting McLaren to GTE officially in 2013. Anybody know anymore about this?
Old 27 Sep 2012, 07:48 (Ref:3142369)   #69
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Our good friend Jag has tweeted that Auto sport is reporting McLaren to GTE officially in 2013. Anybody know anymore about this?
Yeah it's in the print edition of Autosport this morning. McLaren now talking openly about the project, saying 2013 will be a development year for the GTE before selling to customers in '14.

Most of the design work is done and the engine is in development. Doesn't seem like they will be doing a full season anywhere. Martin Whitmarsh is quoted as saying that they MIGHT go the Le Mans next year as a development project.

All in all it's good news and nice to get it finally out in the open!
Old 27 Sep 2012, 08:24 (Ref:3142385)   #70
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
I always liked the Marlboro Mclaren F1(sports car not formula one cars from 94/95/96), I think it raced in the Far eastern rounds, of the GT championship. Petty I cant find a picture of it.
Yeah that car looked great. andy_b might have penned that design as he did a number of F1 GTR liveries.

Old 27 Sep 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3142416)   #71
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Best news I've heard all day! (GTE) Tho it was bound to happen and is one of the worst kept secrets about the MP4 since they announced a racing program....
Old 27 Sep 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3142429)   #72
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
The issue of Mclaren to GTE, was rumored to be announced in the Paris Motorshow 2012 with the real photos of the P1, today we should have more news. Anyone knows at what hour is the Macca conference?
Old 27 Sep 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3142430)   #73
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
5:45pm apparently?
Old 27 Sep 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3142437)   #74
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully they have reconsidered returning as a factory entry in a lower class. If the only GTE cars we see are some privateer GTE-Am cars then really it would be hard for me to care much less about their entrance into GTE.
Old 27 Sep 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3142439)   #75
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
You don't think teams that can attract pro drivers/already have them (Hexis, Gulf, United) wouldn't run in GTE-Pro?