Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 16 Feb 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3884575)   #1
ibsey
Rookie

ibsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New theory emerges on the Most Controversial F1 season and Schumacher's maiden World

Thoughts?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/kids/other...b8r?li=BBqdg4K
Old 16 Feb 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3884579)   #2
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe Verstappen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 Feb 2019, 11:03 (Ref:3884584)   #3
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
do we really need two identical threads ?
Perhaps the mods could merge this with the copy in motorsport history.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3884586)   #4
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I can sum up my feelings about the "controversy" as... well, meh.

If someone can show me an F1 team that either never "cheated", or attempted to cheat, I'll give you a unicorn.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 11:16 (Ref:3884588)   #5
ibsey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Joe Verstappen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging by Ukyo Katayama's comments at 32:55 into this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6qL7VvYLa8#t=16m55s

I think he might agree with that theory?

The theory originates from this book https://www.performancepublishing.co...f1-season.html where the likes of Mark Blundell, Frank Dernie, Willem Toet and a few others have supported this theory. All these people have much more experience and therefore knowledge than Jos Verstappen who it must be said has never repeated his speculatively claims since 2011 (a year he was in & out of jail regularly for beating up his wife/girlfriend).
Old 16 Feb 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3884590)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I think you’re talking to yourself on this....
Old 16 Feb 2019, 12:26 (Ref:3884596)   #7
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's such a poorly written article that it's hard to read.

Anyway, we know for a fact that there was something different with the B194. Launch Control software was found in the source code. We also know it could be activated. And that the way to activate it was hidden in a menu on the software on the laptop, in a way that was deliberately concealing it. We also know that Benetton missed the date when they were meant to give the FIA access to the source code, which gave them several more months, thus allowing potential changes to the software on the car, and the laptop controlling it.

There's no proof the car ever used the software. But it was on the car. It was on the laptop. Benetton delayed the FIA seeing the software, and then the FIA did see the software, they found the concealed options.

If you honestly believe, knowing what we know about Flavio and the way he operated, that none of this was used...well.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 12:33 (Ref:3884598)   #8
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn’t know a thread title could be that long!

And, yes, that article is painful to read. It’s like it was written in a different language, then run through translation software into English. A poor translation that is.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 16 Feb 2019 at 12:39.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 15:15 (Ref:3884618)   #9
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well 94 is never going to be a season looked back on fondly, for all the acrimony, the tragedy and the controversial final race
Old 16 Feb 2019, 21:45 (Ref:3884686)   #10
ibsey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That's such a poorly written article that it's hard to read.

Anyway, we know for a fact that there was something different with the B194. Launch Control software was found in the source code. We also know it could be activated. And that the way to activate it was hidden in a menu on the software on the laptop, in a way that was deliberately concealing it. We also know that Benetton missed the date when they were meant to give the FIA access to the source code, which gave them several more months, thus allowing potential changes to the software on the car, and the laptop controlling it.

There's no proof the car ever used the software. But it was on the car. It was on the laptop. Benetton delayed the FIA seeing the software, and then the FIA did see the software, they found the concealed options.

If you honestly believe, knowing what we know about Flavio and the way he operated, that none of this was used...well.

What you've said is a common feeling upon first hearing the theory and about Flavio / Singapore 2008 etc all of that is discussed in within the book. Indeed after detailing BOTH sides of the argument and any theories the book invites readers to make the their own minds up...so make of that what you will.

EVERYBODY finds its difficult to change their opinion on something they have believed for years the book's motto "no point having a mind, unless you are willing to change it". You need to read the book it orginates from to FULLY understand the evidence and the left foot braking theory (as you said the article is poorly written). There's a free sample of the book here; https://www.performancepublishing.co...f1-season.html

If you see here; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...50351208621306 I had a had a detail chat about this theory with someone who originally was in disbelieve about this theory. Our chat seemed to provided some of the answers they needed, the book provides the rest of the answers.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 22:08 (Ref:3884690)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
out of curiosity (and with my mod hat on), did you abide by the forum faq before you posted this to ask permission to promote your book?
Old 16 Feb 2019, 22:47 (Ref:3884693)   #12
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Personally, I place no value in an article that claims left foot braking was new to F1 in 1994, when the 1974 Lotus had been designed for left foot braking 20 years earlier?
Old 16 Feb 2019, 23:05 (Ref:3884696)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibsey View Post
How long did it take you to write the book? What research did you do?
Old 16 Feb 2019, 23:47 (Ref:3884698)   #14
ibsey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
out of curiosity (and with my mod hat on), did you abide by the forum faq before you posted this to ask permission to promote your book?
I didn't I'm afraid, so wasn't aware of your rules & I can only apologise for that :-(

In my defence I have seen others posting on other internet forums (i.e. Autosport) where the mods have encouraged a first time unknown author to post about their passion (where it was obvious said author wasn't aware of the rules). Indeed I was in that position myself and a autosport forum mod responded:

"on many previous occasions we have been happy for both new and well-known authors to discuss their work here. We do take exception to blatant commercial plugging, but Ibsey (me) isn't guilty of that, and I hope he will let us know when his book becomes available."

https://forums.autosport.com/topic/2...umacher/page-6 (see post #263)

Since I hadn't asked prior permission there or a few other forums piston heads, or reddit etc I assumed it was ok to also do so here. Which in hindsight I accept was a mistake, and once again apologise for. :-(

Whilst I do wish to promote my book (which I am extremely proud of and you can see a review of it here; http://www.1994f1.com/sample-page/). Ultimately I am also interested in everyone's opinion on the LFB theory, and whether the research I've found throughout the course of the book changes opinions? Because Frank Dernie & Willem Toet both support it within my book.

I know the LFB theory might be radical to some, and EVERYBODY finds its difficult to change their opinion on something they have believed for years. Hence the book's motto "no point having a mind, unless you are willing to change it". If I can have your permission I would like to post a small extract of the book (which I've not posted anywhere else). This is because I would like to show everyone that you need to read the book to FULLY understand how much validity SEEMS to be in the LFB theory considering all of the research I have unearthed.

Happy to let forum members decided for themselves if I am "trying it on" with this book, or if I am a genuine F1 fan (who struggles to get taken seriously purely for the fact that he is an unknown author) to post about their passion.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 23:48 (Ref:3884700)   #15
ibsey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
How long did it take you to write the book? What research did you do?
I started working on this book in 2015 and in terms of my research that's all summed up here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Z3qjiGVis

and here: http://www.1994f1.com/bio/

:-)
Old 16 Feb 2019, 23:51 (Ref:3884701)   #16
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibsey View Post
I didn't I'm afraid, so wasn't aware of your rules & I can only apologise for that :-(

In my defence .........

Since I hadn't asked prior permission there or a few other forums piston heads, or reddit etc I assumed it was ok to also do so here. Which in hindsight I accept was a mistake, and once again apologise for. :-(

You may make amends for your omission by familiarising yourself with the forum rules and asking the right people in the right way. I wouldn't expect the approvers to see this thread of yours until you bring it to their attention....
Old 17 Feb 2019, 00:04 (Ref:3884703)   #17
ibsey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Personally, I place no value in an article that claims left foot braking was new to F1 in 1994, when the 1974 Lotus had been designed for left foot braking 20 years earlier?

I agree LFB wasn't new to F1 in 1994 and would like everyone to understand I didn't write that article merely a (IMO much better worded) book, trying to put forward many interesting, theories and findings (with corresponding evidence).

For instance what Senna might have heard as he studied Schumacher's car at Aida 1994 is not clear and remains a topic of debate to this day. Many believe it was the sound of an illegal traction control device at work. The book's alternative theory is connected with the semi-automatic gearbox which in 1994 was still new technology. Ferrari introduced it in 1989, and by 1992 both Williams & McLaren were using a semi-automatic gearbox whereas Benetton’s system was operational a year later. Because semi-automatic gearboxes didn’t require a clutch pedal/lever after the start, drivers could now modify their technique in ways that were previously not possible because F1 cars could now adopt 2 pedal layouts (not 3 pedals as before).

My research from all the period magazines like Autosport etc indicates that by Aida 1994 out of all the F1 teams, only McLaren & Benetton had a 2 pedal layout in reality. We know Schumacher was at the forefront of LFB braking at the time (the book has telmentry traces to prove this). Also worth noting that LFB wouldn't have been necessrily during the active suspension & electronic gizimo era. Of course all of that was banned for 1994 ;-)

Interestingly in 1994 Hakkinen, a left foot braker, annihilated Brundle when they were teammates in the two pedal McLaren that year. Over the course of their 15 races together Hakkinen out qualified Brundle by an average of 4.73 places per race. Whereas in 1992, Schumacher out qualified Martin by an average of 2.69 places per race. Brundle recently admitted somewhere here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T_Kh1aEbpQ

“Then when I had to compete with Michael and Mika, it (right foot braking) was a hindrance because they could rotate the car into the slow corners and use their left foot on the brake and pick up the throttle and transfer between the two pedals. In a way that I just couldn’t do. So unfortunately that crash in Dallas (1984) was probably the key reason I underperformed (in F1).”

This is why I am keen to post a small extract of the book here, because it contains more evidence and logic like this. Which will hopefully help the originally topic along?

Last edited by ibsey; 17 Feb 2019 at 00:12.
Old 17 Feb 2019, 00:09 (Ref:3884704)   #18
ibsey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
You may make amends for your omission by familiarising yourself with the forum rules and asking the right people in the right way. I wouldn't expect the approvers to see this thread of yours until you bring it to their attention....
Apologies once again and thank you
Old 17 Feb 2019, 00:14 (Ref:3884706)   #19
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I"m locking this thread for the moment but leaving it visible for the moment.

Ibsey please contact the Mod team to discuss further you intentions regarding the thread and faq awareness.
Closed Thread