Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Mar 2019, 22:39 (Ref:3888510)   #151
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickberg555 View Post
I want to go to Le Mans for the first time. I'm a big motorsport fan and have been almost everywhere but not at Le Mans yet. I want to go wednesday and thursday for the practice and qualifying. Anyone some suggesstions? Is it worth to go these days?
During the practices (wednesday from 16h00 to midnight, and Thursday from 19h00 to midnight), the public is less dense, as Ayse said, and grandstands are free, so you can watch the cars from any grandstand you want.
Old 6 Mar 2019, 21:57 (Ref:3888786)   #152
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
....except T17/18..... Isn't that right Pascal?
Old 7 Mar 2019, 07:22 (Ref:3888843)   #153
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
....except T17/18..... Isn't that right Pascal?
Unless you are an ACO member
Old 7 Mar 2019, 09:21 (Ref:3888864)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I assumed Nick probably isn't a member.....
Old 11 Mar 2019, 08:41 (Ref:3889594)   #155
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I assumed Nick probably isn't a member.....
Do you mean he doesn't belong to the elite of spectators yet ?
Old 11 Mar 2019, 15:23 (Ref:3889673)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Possibly not Pascal!
Old 11 Mar 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3889674)   #157
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I paid the balance of our trip today. Time to read through the various tips in here.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3889679)   #158
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well I paid the balance of our trip today. Time to read through the various tips in here.
For all first-timers, CTD's thread is full of tips.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3889700)   #159
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 14 Mar 2019, 12:43 (Ref:3890417)   #160
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brexit strikes...... Just had a revised ferry booking from Brittany ferries, we now leave half an hour earlier and arrive in Le Havre an hour earlier. All good there. For the return we had been switched to the 09:30 sailing in the Monday morning. The nice lady at Brittany ferries understood we are not really keen to leave early enough to make that ferry and swooped us to the 16:30 sailing from Caen. All good, but I believe there may be some dodgy characters in the sailing home 😊😊

See you all there

Sean
Old 14 Mar 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3890427)   #161
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well I paid the final amount for our trip this week. Going via the chunnel. Out Weds morning, back Monday afternoon.

The aforementioned tips make for good reading.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3897636)   #162
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My daughter has realised that resistance is futile so she will be coming along again this year having got the bug last year.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3897639)   #163
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just received a message from ACO. The Racing Auto membership is on offer at 92.65 Euros per person.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3897724)   #164
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
My daughter has realised that resistance is futile so she will be coming along again this year having got the bug last year.
Yeah, once you got the bug, you're doomed!!!
Old 15 Apr 2019, 20:11 (Ref:3897765)   #165
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good evening, I think it's appropriate that I (re)introduce myself!

I'm William, and I'll be returning to Le Mans this year after a break... I went in 2009, 2010 and 2011. If you were there those years you would have seen me at the TT meet up and the pit visits.

I'm very lucky in that I'll be guying Simons's TR ticket and will be at the best campsite for my return visit. I camped at Beausejour in 2009... I'm glad I won't be there again.

Will be nice to see everyone again in June!
Old 15 Apr 2019, 20:19 (Ref:3897770)   #166
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Don't forget to fill out the camping roll call, see you in June William
Old 15 Apr 2019, 21:32 (Ref:3897779)   #167
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just received a message from ACO. The Racing Auto membership is on offer at 92.65 Euros per person.
I renewed mine a week or two ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post

I'm William, and I'll be returning to Le Mans this year after a break... I went in 2009, 2010 and 2011. If you were there those years you would have seen me at the TT meet up and the pit visits.

I'm very lucky in that I'll be guying Simons's TR ticket and will be at the best campsite for my return visit. I camped at Beausejour in 2009... I'm glad I won't be there again.

Great news William! Glad to have you back on board!
Old 16 Apr 2019, 06:31 (Ref:3897878)   #168
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post

Welcome back! I apologise in advance if you decide to camp with us, however I will provide cooked breakfast and tea if you do.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 09:45 (Ref:3897930)   #169
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, after a two year sabbatical, I am really really happy to be posting on this thread again!

I'm rounding off Friday afternoon assembly, dismissing my class and bundling them into their parents' arms, hopping on the tube from Edgware Road to Victoria and getting the coach straight to LM, arriving at the circuit before Saturday morning warm-up.

Return journey arrives at London Victoria at 5.30 am - just enough time to get a shower before starting Monday morning assembly.

A true test of endurance - but totally worth it.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 10:36 (Ref:3897943)   #170
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
So, after a two year sabbatical, I am really really happy to be posting on this thread again!

I'm rounding off Friday afternoon assembly, dismissing my class and bundling them into their parents' arms, hopping on the tube from Edgware Road to Victoria and getting the coach straight to LM, arriving at the circuit before Saturday morning warm-up.

Return journey arrives at London Victoria at 5.30 am - just enough time to get a shower before starting Monday morning assembly.

You have my sympathies - in my experience, leading a Friday afternoon assembly is rough at the best of times. Although it is a good way of seeing which children have worked hard, and which colleagues have slacked off!

Unfortunately I've looked at something similar and it doesn't quite work for me, I don't make it back to Manchester with enough time to even get to work, let alone go home first. Well done for working it out and I hope all goes well.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 10:48 (Ref:3897947)   #171
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:

Helen will tell you stories of doing that a few years ago, coach got lost around Le mans and she had to take over directing it as sat nav/coach driver was totally lost with all the road closures. She missed the visit to the tyre garage but made the meet just. Drove her back rather than her use the coach.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3897952)   #172
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Awesome news mate!
Old 16 Apr 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3897962)   #173
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Congratulations on your return. As a former teacher, Le Mans is one of the reason I left teaching. The last minute rush was too much for me. The coach was useful, but not ideal! Hopefully it works out well for you (I did get off the coach and walk in the end).
Old 16 Apr 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3897963)   #174
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Welcome back! I apologise in advance if you decide to camp with us, however I will provide cooked breakfast and tea if you do.
I'll be solo travelling as usual, some company would be nice! I'll have to bring some treats too.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3898204)   #175
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Helen will tell you stories of doing that a few years ago, coach got lost around Le mans and she had to take over directing it as sat nav/coach driver was totally lost with all the road closures. She missed the visit to the tyre garage but made the meet just. Drove her back rather than her use the coach.
Exactly that happened to me in 1998 when the Tourists gave LM a miss. Neither the driver nor the 'guide' had ever been to Le Mans before.... Got there with about half an hour to spare before the start!