Haas 0 0%
Toro Rosso 14 53.85%
Racing Point 4 15.38%
Williams 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jul 2019, 22:25 (Ref:3920321)   #26
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Don't we have this same argument every race?

Or should I say, every Grand Prix.
Old 29 Jul 2019, 23:36 (Ref:3920327)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is whatever you want it to be. You are all right. And all wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
How on earth can we all have differing opinions based on differing viewpoints and biases? How dare we all be different!
How can this be! It shouldn't be allowed.
Old 29 Jul 2019, 23:39 (Ref:3920328)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Don't we have this same argument every race?

Or should I say, every Grand Prix.
Pretty much.
Old 30 Jul 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3920394)   #29
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WILLIAMS GOT A FREAKING POINT!!!
Old 30 Jul 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3920396)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You are all wrong.
Boiled down your post to save time!....
Old 30 Jul 2019, 12:30 (Ref:3920397)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
The polls are for fun, they really seem to have no defined rules,
I fully agree with this statement, which was the reason why I reacted the way I did to this post which attempted to make my decision invalid:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hmmm.... it is Team of the Grand Prix as opposed to race, and Ferrari had both cars fail in qualifying, one not managing a lap.
I think we are in agreement that 'The Grand Prix' and 'The Race' could be the same thing, but may be different. If someone makes a decision based on either of these definitions, or simply because they like the way a team used social media, or carried out their marketing, then perfectly fine.
Old 30 Jul 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3920400)   #32
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I say ban the polls in the forum until we can define some rules. Rules should be written in French and then translated into English. And if any disputes come about... Remember that the French verbiage trumps the English! And Stewards! We need Stewards!

(Edit: Sorry I think the French is a ACO/LeMans thing, so English is fine, but we need 2x the Stewards now!)

Richard
Old 30 Jul 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3920413)   #33
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An interesting little discussion on how people arrive at their own Team of the Grand Prix, especially the contribution from Richard. My own method goes a bit like this:
  • We have a separate "Driver" poll so I judge the "Team" poll on the merits of the car (including the engine), the mechanics, the strategy and possibly even a television interview with the team principal if it is notably interesting.
  • For me, the "Grand Prix" is qualifying and the race, with priority given to the race. Practice doesn't really count.
  • The object of a race is to win, so the front runners will always be favoured in my assessment. Sad to say, Williams would have to do more than luck into a single point while their other car breaks down to get my TOGP.
No doubt, if you were to analyse my past TOGPs, that would turn out to be utter rubbish.
Old 30 Jul 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3920416)   #34
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i prefer the pound for pound method with a bias towards the smaller fighters who punch well above their weight class.

probably why i didnt vote Ferrari...all things being equal, with both Mercs out of the race, anything short of a win by Ferrari seems like a loss for them.

to each their own of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
...and possibly even a television interview with the team principal if it is notably interesting...
Guenther Steiner/Haas for the win every time then!
Old 2 Aug 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3920855)   #35
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a good debate. I just feel it has to be up to the individual to choose their criteria and I would add that I put it as 'of the Grand Prix' to invite that flexibility. It means that I am open to people considering the Grand Prix meeting as a whole, and also expectations heading into the race, performance over the weekend and coming back from adversity on Friday and Saturday.