Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 May 2014, 21:32 (Ref:3404317)   #26
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Live timing results for qualifying.

http://acm.mc/wp-content/uploads/201...A9finitif1.pdf

If I have read the timetable correctly the F3 entry gives a 20 min practice/qualifying after which 6 cars have been dropped from the 40 entered. Then, maybe, 2 races. One on Saturday for 20 mins (presumably the numbers are then reduced once again) and one on Sunday for 18 laps or 45 mins whichever is the sooner.

One might fancy a little more practice time I would have thought. But presumably that would not fit in with anyone's schedule.
As I understand it, there's a second 20 minute qualifying session on Saturday. The 6 non-qualifiers so far are based on lap time. As far as I know, if they go quickly enough tomorrow they'll all get to race on Sunday.
Old 9 May 2014, 22:02 (Ref:3404324)   #27
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
As I understand it, there's a second 20 minute qualifying session on Saturday. The 6 non-qualifiers so far are based on lap time. As far as I know, if they go quickly enough tomorrow they'll all get to race on Sunday.
I had assumed that as well Alan but I can't see it on the timetable - unless I am being very dim.

The English section of this document says 2 20 min qualifying periods

http://acm.mc/wp-content/uploads/201...H2014Final.pdf

However there is no mention of that for the F3 cars here. Unless the whole of Saturday is also qualifying and no races. Might be the case but at least one of the programme schedules I have seen suggested otherwise in the way it appeared to use the word "Race".

http://acm.mc/en/grand-prix-de-monac...rogramme-2014/

On the other hand another page of the ACM web site does indeed confirm that all of Saturday is reserved for qualifying ... except the extended periods for demonstrations and filming.

http://acm.mc/en/grand-prix-de-monac.../presentation/

Unless, of course, they change their minds ...

Looks like the usual Italians are at the head of the time sheets with a couple of Brits getting in there as well. That Needell chap seems to get everywhere these days.
Old 9 May 2014, 22:44 (Ref:3404333)   #28
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
So, can anyone suggest an app for iPad that will enable me to watch it, or alternatively a live stream link?

Have you tried this/

http://www.vipboxuk.co/sports/motorsports.html
Old 10 May 2014, 06:16 (Ref:3404388)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Alan, I did find that while searching but have yet to battle through some sort of registration procedure.......

In answer to Simon's question, I would hope that as it the broadcast timing list was on Motors TV "UK" that it was correct for us......

Time will tell this morning!
Old 10 May 2014, 06:32 (Ref:3404390)   #30
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not a bad commentary team

First qually of the day just started on Motors
Old 10 May 2014, 06:43 (Ref:3404392)   #31
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post

First qually of the day just started on Motors
Grrrrrr.......

Now found it on laptop but not on iPad, so halfway there! Marcus Pye and Hindy, excellent choice for commentary!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 10 May 2014 at 06:53.
Old 10 May 2014, 08:44 (Ref:3404403)   #32
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Scary first flying lap with the 3 litre F1 cars, hope Michael Lyons off on the oil was just a glancing blow
Old 10 May 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3404447)   #33
brands
Veteran

live timings http://acm.mc/grand-prix-de-monaco-h...4/live-timing/

results http://acm.mc/grand-prix-de-monaco-h...esultats-2014/
Old 10 May 2014, 15:23 (Ref:3404546)   #34
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was it just me or did the live timing link drop out half way through the second qualifying session for the F3 race?
Old 10 May 2014, 15:26 (Ref:3404547)   #35
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Was it just me or did the live timing link drop out half way through the second qualifying session for the F3 race?
It froze here too.

Several pole winners then crashing during the day.
Old 10 May 2014, 15:27 (Ref:3404548)   #36
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Motors TV also had the same problem temporarily; seems to have been an ongoing issue throughout the day, usually just about when the intrepid commentators are getting excited about a possible change at the top of the timing sheets.
Old 10 May 2014, 16:03 (Ref:3404560)   #37
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Just frozen again for late 70s F1 session. Plus the screen was not behaving well anyway.

It all looks very sophisticated ... but perhaps a little flaky.

The results for the F3 qualifying seem to be unavailable as yet. It's been a while. Anything controversial happening?
Old 10 May 2014, 16:11 (Ref:3404566)   #38
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just watched the F3 practice online. A bit strange as the sound was about 5 seconds behind the pictures. Pity to see David Shaw put the Ralt in the wall but there were oil flags out.
Old 10 May 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3404574)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Sadly I've not seen anything since first thing as have been underneath one of my own cars most of the day! (By choice.)

I was hoping to learn something from 'our man on the ground', young Delta, but so far all I can pass on is that he was able to enjoy a free lunch, and that the puddings were to his liking......

Old 10 May 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3404575)   #40
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
Just watched the F3 practice online. A bit strange as the sound was about 5 seconds behind the pictures. Pity to see David Shaw put the Ralt in the wall but there were oil flags out.
The time delay is there on cable TV as well. There's always a lot of carnage in the second qualifying sessions at Monaco and unfortunately several of the cars don't look repairable in time for tomorrow.
Old 10 May 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3404576)   #41
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Quote:
I was hoping to learn something from 'our man on the ground', young Delta, but so far all I can pass on is that he was able to enjoy a free lunch, and that the puddings were to his liking......

Probably having a swim in the Atlantic.

The F1 qualifying was quite good. Michael Lyons throwing the Hesketh around a bit. Sadly the Token knocked a corner off and at times some of the driving by slower cars is not as good as it could be.
Old 10 May 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3404583)   #42
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least the TV coverage is better than I expected - two decent commentators help of course.
Old 10 May 2014, 17:33 (Ref:3404591)   #43
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Sadly I've not seen anything since first thing as have been underneath one of my own cars most of the day! (By choice.)

I can understand the importance of that - though the "pudding" thing is a little worrying in terms of fitness potential and weight penalty for Silverstone next weekend.

Sometimes what is not said ...
Old 10 May 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3404594)   #44
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

A couple of the grids are a bit thin - notably the pre-war stuff. ERA and the Bugattis, of which most of the latter seem to have failed to qualify. I assume that the light grid and blueness of the Bugattis will ensure that they all start.

Thins grids at Monaco - something one would have thought would be inconceivable.

What's going on?
Old 10 May 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3404600)   #45
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Quote:
Sadly the Token knocked a corner off
I winced when I saw that. The Token was built quite close to where I live and, thanks to my dad knowing the car's designer Ray Jessop, he and I helped out in the final stages of getting the car ready for its first race. I also lent a hand at the British GP, by which time sadly, Tom Pryce had moved on to greater things.

It's ironic that the car is now welcomed with open arms at Monaco, whereas in 1974 its entry was rejected due to Tom's lack of experience. It was a blessing in disguise for Tom of course because he dominated the F3 race in a March that looked pretty tired with an unfashionable Pinto engine. That car is always referred to as a 743 but, looking at it in the back of the Ippokampos coach transporter, it didn't look as if it was only a few months old...

Neil Trundle ran the March at Monaco, Tom won emphatically and by the end of the weekend he was a Shadow F1 driver...
Old 10 May 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3404611)   #46
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
At least the TV coverage is better than I expected - two decent commentators help of course.
I make no apologies for 'bigging up' the commentary by John Hindhaugh (of Radio Le Mans), who is a 'friend' of many on here and Marcus Pye. Really excellent job and way better than Motors TV usual offering.
Old 10 May 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3404624)   #47
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I winced when I saw that. The Token was built quite close to where I live and, thanks to my dad knowing the car's designer Ray Jessop, he and I helped out in the final stages of getting the car ready for its first race. I also lent a hand at the British GP, by which time sadly, Tom Pryce had moved on to greater things.

It's ironic that the car is now welcomed with open arms at Monaco, whereas in 1974 its entry was rejected due to Tom's lack of experience. It was a blessing in disguise for Tom of course because he dominated the F3 race in a March that looked pretty tired with an unfashionable Pinto engine. That car is always referred to as a 743 but, looking at it in the back of the Ippokampos coach transporter, it didn't look as if it was only a few months old...

Neil Trundle ran the March at Monaco, Tom won emphatically and by the end of the weekend he was a Shadow F1 driver...
Wonderful story Alan.
Old 10 May 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3404633)   #48
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Unless I am missing something big time (again - that would be 2 days running) the Series G qualifying results are still not showing on the Results page of the web site.

(and the "Live Timing" screen is still locked at the part way point of the final qualifying session.)

Disappointing.

Anyone know how the Series G qualifying ended up?
Old 10 May 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3404676)   #49
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Unless I am missing something big time (again - that would be 2 days running) the Series G qualifying results are still not showing on the Results page of the web site.

(and the "Live Timing" screen is still locked at the part way point of the final qualifying session.)

Disappointing.

Anyone know how the Series G qualifying ended up?
Timing system must be historic - need to get someone decent in!

Just watched the recording of it Grant:

P1 D Shaw in a Ralt
P2 P Barilla in Chevron B34
P3 V Leone in a March 783
P4 T Needell in a Chevron B38

Tenther Marcus Mussa was 16th in his March 763
Old 10 May 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3404695)   #50
brands
Veteran

G qualifying

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnTbRECCAAAUpy9.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnTbWgkCAAEBdFR.jpg:large

I hope that works