Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Apr 2018, 12:24 (Ref:3816892)   #301
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is. GTWorld YouTube Channel, NISMO TV YouTube Channel or theRACINGLINE website. Same video on them all.
Old 22 Apr 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3816894)   #302
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Clearly the #23 GTR did not agree with the new qualifying procedure. It will now stage its protest in the pit lane.
Old 22 Apr 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3816895)   #303
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It is. GTWorld YouTube Channel, NISMO TV YouTube Channel or theRACINGLINE website. Same video on them all.
Thank you
Old 22 Apr 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3816899)   #304
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unless the sound is out of sync with the onboard camera, Bentley 8 is saving fuel
Old 22 Apr 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3816900)   #305
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The #4 Merc has fuel leaking from the dry break after its stop
Old 22 Apr 2018, 14:10 (Ref:3816901)   #306
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That fuel leak happens whenever it turns left. Wonder how much that's going to hurt fuel milage.
Old 22 Apr 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3816905)   #307
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I didn't think Gotz's block on Vanthoor was deserving of a place swap, even with the crackdown on driving standards SRO have been enforcing so far.

While I'm at it, what happened to Molina loosening his belts early for his stop? I assume the in-car wasn't conclusive as it was behind him (or did I miss the penalty for this?)
Old 22 Apr 2018, 16:36 (Ref:3816906)   #308
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I'm 50/50 on the Gotz swap. It was a bit rough.

Molina was never penalised. I was waiting on that coming but it never did. The fuel problems for the 4 seemed to solve itself.
Old 22 Apr 2018, 20:29 (Ref:3816928)   #309
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Didn't like that penalty. You basically decided the race with that one stewards. It's not like he was ahead of Gotz or equally alongside him and the push was to the very edge of a passing car.
Old 22 Apr 2018, 23:01 (Ref:3816954)   #310
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to admit if I'd have been in Gotz' position I'd be fuming. Vanthoor wasn't alongside, he was coming from behind and with a late change of direction - you're entitled to cover a line and - especially on the outside - that move was never really on. Could he have left him an extra meter? Yes, maybe, but that kind of margin, at that kind of speed, with that lateness of move - it's going to be nearly impossible to be so accurate.

I think we were robbed of a decent battle by that. I think Vanthoor would have got through eventually anyway - but it would have been good to watch.
Old 23 Apr 2018, 04:27 (Ref:3816961)   #311
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was difficult to judge it from the camera angle but the stewards’ decision states that Goetz had already defended his position and was moving back so needed to leave at least one car width of room for Vanthoor.
Old 23 Apr 2018, 08:18 (Ref:3816983)   #312
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
The other side of the coin is that Blancpain has had some shocking driving over the years and some insane accidents that were needless. So the stewards are showing they mean business.

On a related note, have a watch of the Super Trofeo races. After the disaster that was race 1, I wouldn't have wanted to be in the drivers briefing for race 2.
Old 25 Apr 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3817337)   #313
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Weird nobody is commenting here the Grasser outcry...
Old 25 Apr 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3817345)   #314
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Nothing new frankly. Par for the course when it comes to BoP. I remember angry comments from teams back in 2011 when BoP tables were adjusted pre-race at some events featuring GT3 cars back then.
Old 25 Apr 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3817346)   #315
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
... the same BoP-crying that we here after every race. Who cares?
Old 25 Apr 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3817358)   #316
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Team sandbagged. Got caught. BoP was adjusted. Team cried. Organisers replied.

It's hardly an original story. The movie adaption is currently being filmed.
Old 26 Apr 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3817482)   #317
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Team sandbagged. Got caught. BoP was adjusted. Team cried. Organisers replied.

It's hardly an original story. The movie adaption is currently being filmed.

Who’s playing Gottfried Grasser?
Old 26 Apr 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3817486)   #318
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Brad Pitt and Jack Black are the names in the frame, but my sources tell me Graham Goodwin has an outside shot. My agent informs me they rejected my offer, sadly.
Old 26 Apr 2018, 12:04 (Ref:3817500)   #319
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Who’s playing Gottfried Grasser?

Gottfried Grasser

Peter Andre
Old 26 Apr 2018, 22:24 (Ref:3817571)   #320
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wish the Grasser Racing Team all the best, they're a good bunch of people, but I totally don't care about any BoP crying. It's gotten pretty boring after all these years.

For something more exciting, here are a couple of words from Dries Vanthoor on his race, rivalry with his brother and some other stuff: https://www.gt-report.com/2018/04/26...-monza-for-me/
Old 26 Apr 2018, 22:36 (Ref:3817575)   #321
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Good article. Dries has a lot to give to the sport.
Old 27 Apr 2018, 06:12 (Ref:3817635)   #322
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
For something more exciting, here are a couple of words from Dries Vanthoor on his race, rivalry with his brother and some other stuff: https://www.gt-report.com/2018/04/26...-monza-for-me/
Nice article. Dries was absolutely 'on it' at Monza! I look forward to seeing how he performs through the twists and turns of Brands Hatch.
Old 27 Apr 2018, 14:55 (Ref:3817749)   #323
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks guys! Dries is such an amazing racer. He turned just 20 last week Friday, and look at what he's already achieved and how he's developing. To see such talent develop right before your eyes is a gift. Even though Alex Riberas and Chris Mies, and obviously the rest of the WRT team as well, had set him up perfectly for that final stint and deserve just as much credit, I think it speaks volumes that they hoisted him up on their shoulders. He was given given the opportunity to shine and he did.

Here's an interview with someone a bit more established, but who made the race equally as exciting, Yelmer Buurman: https://www.gt-report.com/2018/04/27...ould-have-won/
Old 29 Apr 2018, 03:02 (Ref:3817987)   #324
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Brad Pitt and Jack Black are the names in the frame, but my sources tell me Graham Goodwin has an outside shot. My agent informs me they rejected my offer, sadly.

Graham would be a shoe in surely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post

Gottfried Grasser

Peter Andre

Hahahahaha I can’t stop laughing. Peter Andre. Now there’s a name I haven’t heard for a while.
Old 29 Apr 2018, 16:16 (Ref:3818158)   #325
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
A little interview with Jaguar racer Alex Fontana: https://www.gt-report.com/2018/04/29...ve-the-jaguar/

Really liking how he describes how seriously Emil Frey Racing is still taking the Jaguar project. Will be interesting to see how the car will go at Silverstone where it has always gone very well.