Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 17 Jul 2002, 21:27 (Ref:469897)   #1
Fred Scatley
Racer

Fred Scatley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
60's Club Racers

As mentioned in another thread John Brittan Etc, how about Allen Woode his self prepared car was a match for the rest and at one time he held a number of circuit class records.
Here he is on the front row at Snett in the late sixties
Attached Thumbnails
a woode.jpg  
Old 17 Jul 2002, 22:27 (Ref:469850)   #2
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great photo. That looks like John Quick on pole with Rod Longtons Red TVR Grantura behind Woode's Sprite. Not sure about the other E-Type, Peter Archer perhaps, any ideas?
Great days watching from on top of the pits at Snett.
How about this one of Peter Gaydon in lotus 23B in '66 versus Willie Green's Ginetta G12 at Silverstone.
Attached Thumbnails
gayd23b.jpg  

Last edited by Andrew Kitson; 17 Jul 2002 at 22:30.
Old 18 Jul 2002, 06:40 (Ref:469828)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rod Longton still campaigns various MGB's. He'll no doubt be out to play at Silverstone for the MGCC festival.
Old 18 Jul 2002, 08:37 (Ref:469872)   #4
racing fxgt
Racer

racing fxgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found these, John Elvers and Alan Woode
Attached Thumbnails
sprite.jpg  
Old 18 Jul 2002, 08:40 (Ref:469873)   #5
racing fxgt
Racer

And Rodger Enever driving Garo Nigogosian,s 1300 Midget
Attached Thumbnails
midget.jpg  
Old 18 Jul 2002, 08:47 (Ref:469851)   #6
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great! I wondered how long it would be before you submitted to this thread Racing fxgt, as you have some great club racing pics! More please! Roger Enevers own car was usually black.
Old 18 Jul 2002, 08:59 (Ref:469829)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now then. Not wishing to harp on about MG's but there's another famous MG racer. I'm going to have to look out my books again this weekend.
Old 18 Jul 2002, 09:17 (Ref:469852)   #8
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Gabrielle Konig?
Bill Nicholson?
Old 18 Jul 2002, 10:25 (Ref:469830)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sadly, Bill Nicholson died in the early nineties. Wonder what happend to his car?

Another name is Barry Sidery-Smith. He organises events at Spa etc. and owns the works MGB DRX 255C (I think thats the reg no).

BTW. I was referring to Roger Enever in the previous post. Son of MG designer Sid Enever. Roger was famous for crashing one of the works B's (7 DBL?) on the Tour de France in '65.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 18 Jul 2002 at 10:27.
Old 18 Jul 2002, 10:36 (Ref:469874)   #10
racing fxgt
Racer

Do you remember this mini fitted with 1800cc engine,when I saw it at Brands, I'm sure the rear of the car had standard wheels looked really funny going along the main straight.
Attached Thumbnails
mini.jpg  
Old 18 Jul 2002, 18:28 (Ref:469833)   #11
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm very saddened. I had no idea Bill Nicholson was gone.

He was a fixture in the grids of modified sports cars throughout the seventies, and I rather suspect before that too. Wasn't "286FAC" his car?
Old 19 Jul 2002, 06:24 (Ref:469831)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
I'm very saddened. I had no idea Bill Nicholson was gone.

He was a fixture in the grids of modified sports cars throughout the seventies, and I rather suspect before that too. Wasn't "286FAC" his car?
286 FAC was indeed the car.
Old 19 Jul 2002, 08:06 (Ref:469875)   #13
racing fxgt
Racer

Brands Hatch 1967.Wimbush's Ginetta G12 hit by Warren Pearce.s Quick E-Type.
Attached Thumbnails
e-type.jpg  
Old 19 Jul 2002, 08:15 (Ref:469876)   #14
racing fxgt
Racer

Here's Syd Segal in his Healey 3000.
Attached Thumbnails
healey.jpg  
Old 19 Jul 2002, 09:37 (Ref:469832)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Slightly on/off topic. I've just come back to the office from a short trip down the Chiswick High Road. The old Chequered Flag Garage is no more but in its place is a BMW Mini dealership.

Just getting nostalgic there.
Old 19 Jul 2002, 10:44 (Ref:469853)   #16
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
This is a great thread!!
I've just started a new one - 70s club racers - so please post some interesting pics if you have them!
Old 19 Jul 2002, 23:09 (Ref:469898)   #17
Fred Scatley
Racer

Fred Scatley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brian Muir and Willie Green at Snett in 1966 I think
Attached Thumbnails
b muir.jpg  
Old 20 Jul 2002, 11:42 (Ref:469877)   #18
racing fxgt
Racer

Here's another picture of the Berpop,it was fitted with 1650cc engine,Morris 1000 rear axle,Spitfire front suspension,BMC 1500 rear brakes,Lotus Cortina MK1 springs,13inch wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
berpop2.jpg  
Old 20 Jul 2002, 11:57 (Ref:469878)   #19
racing fxgt
Racer

No information on these two. 1968
Attached Thumbnails
midgets.jpg  
Old 20 Jul 2002, 14:44 (Ref:469854)   #20
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
That's Roger Enever in the car 133 DMO.
other one not sure.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 14:46 (Ref:469855)   #21
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Albert Betts' Jag MkII and Bernard Farthing's Mini - Russell, Snett '68.
Attached Thumbnails
betts.jpg  
Old 20 Jul 2002, 16:03 (Ref:469834)   #22
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The MG Midget registered SS1800 - surely that's John Britten?
Old 20 Jul 2002, 23:25 (Ref:469879)   #23
racing fxgt
Racer

1968 this mini engine was built by Bill Needham of Coldwell Engineering,1000cc,Lotus/Ford head,carbs 40 DFA.
Attached Thumbnails
engine.jpg  
Old 21 Jul 2002, 04:32 (Ref:469880)   #24
racing fxgt
Racer

Gabriel Konig. 1969
Attached Thumbnails
konig.jpg  
Old 21 Jul 2002, 09:21 (Ref:469881)   #25
racing fxgt
Racer