Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 27 Oct 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3158554)   #26
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
3 per manufacturer is different, that's a given at Le Mans, but 4 cars is way too many. Just in the name of variety, I'd much rather see an AM car, or a Norma, instead of a fourth Audi. Once the Toyotas had gone out, the best endurance race in the world was reduced to nothing more than an Audi R18 challenge at the front.
How would have one less R18 made a HPD or Rebellion any faster?

Quote:
A fourth Audi probably means someone who has worked their socks off all year just go get a sniff at a Le Mans entry has wasted their time, just because a manufacturer doesn't fancy spreading risks between 'just' the three cars.
It's not only manufacturers. There are many cases where a 2nd entry for a pro team has been turned down (ending up as a reserve entry) in favor of some obscure gentleman entry... or actually GT Am cars entries not obscure enough, in the same sense that self built LMPs are.

My main problem with GT-Am is that to call it a class, there obviously has to be certain minimum amount of cars in it, so in a way to me every entry in that class is one taken away from other classes. Can't wait for the outrage when ACO finally decides to get rid off it (or at least combine it to GT-Pro as a small sub-class cup). I think its inevitable because there isn't a lot of room for other classes to grow.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3158664)   #27
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
How would have one less R18 made a HPD or Rebellion any faster?

It's not only manufacturers. There are many cases where a 2nd entry for a pro team has been turned down (ending up as a reserve entry) in favor of some obscure gentleman entry... or actually GT Am cars entries not obscure enough, in the same sense that self built LMPs are.

My main problem with GT-Am is that to call it a class, there obviously has to be certain minimum amount of cars in it, so in a way to me every entry in that class is one taken away from other classes. Can't wait for the outrage when ACO finally decides to get rid off it (or at least combine it to GT-Pro as a small sub-class cup). I think its inevitable because there isn't a lot of room for other classes to grow.
Agreed.

What'll the AMR lineup for next year's Le Mans be?

I think it'll be 3 cars for the big race and Silverstone, 2 for the rest of it.

#97 Darren Turner / Stefan Mucke / Rob Bell (PRO)
#98 Stuart Hall / Roald Goethe / Michael Wainwright (AM)
#99 Allan Simonsen / Maxime Martin / Christoffer Nygaard (PRO)

I can also kinda see Extreme Speed Motorsports forming a partnership with AF Corse after Road Atlanta, to be honest. With Vilander jumping on board, I think we'll see this at Le Mans next year...

#51 Gianmaria Bruni / Giancarlo Fisichella / Frederic Makowiecki (or J. Melo) (PRO)
#60 Rob Kauffman / Michael Waltrip / Rui Aguas (AM)
#61 Guy Cosmo / Ed Brown / Piergiuseppe Perrazini (AM)
#62 Scott Sharp / Toni Vilander / Johannes Van Overbeek (PRO)
#71 Olivier Beretta / Andrea Bertolini / Marco Cioci (PRO)

Obviously, we can bet on BMW RLL Z4s being at Le Mans in 2013 under...

#55 Bill Auberlen / Jorg Muller / Jonathan Summerton (PRO)
#56 Dirk Muller / Joey Hand / Uwe Alzen (PRO)

Could we possibly see a Lotus Evora under Alex Job?

All I know is that I'll be happy once "GT" is made... none of this Am and Pro busines.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3158667)   #28
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I'd like to see one GT class too.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3159140)   #29
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The JAG F-Type GT3/E is a concrete possibility. Jaguar Cars has spoken extensively with Prodrive, Williams (which already works for the C-X75 hybrid supercar), and others british teams. The debut could take place simultaneously with the presentation of the Coupe version.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 19:01 (Ref:3159143)   #30
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarista View Post
The JAG F-Type GT3/E is a concrete possibility. Jaguar Cars has spoken extensively with Prodrive, Williams (which already works for the C-X75 hybrid supercar), and others british teams. The debut could take place simultaneously with the presentation of the Coupe version.
Really hope to see this car but surely next June is quite an ambitious deadline?

Hope to see this car right in the thick of the action amid the new GT regs.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3159169)   #31
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

So, let's get up to date. Flying Lizard is changing from Porsche to something very mysterious.
This isn't accurate. Flying Lizards is no longer a factory backed team... that's it. I would suggest at this point, it looks very much like they will be running Porsche next year.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3161071)   #32
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
- DOME in LMP1.
- Muscle Milk in LMP1?
- Don't think Extreme Limite will be there next year, they sold their car.
- There might be some Japanese LMP2 entries from the AsLMS.
- Sebastien Loeb more likely to be in LMP2.
- I guess Gulf Racing Middle East will be 1 entry.
- Maybe Falken Racing.
- Perhaps a Lotus Evora at Le Mans?
- GreenGT as the 56th entry.
I can confirm that the ALMS Falken Tire Team will not be competing in 2013 Le Mans.

Falken has stated it is a goal, but when is to be determined. Le Mans is more than just one race. It takes years of car and tire development and preparation, not to mention it is a huge financial undertaking. Falken currently remains focused on continued and expanded success in the ALMS GT program.We have a LARGE amount of fan support to compete in the event and look forward to future developments!
Old 4 Nov 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3162317)   #33
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone know what the "Delta" refered to in "ADR-Delta" means please ?

I only realised ADR was "Alan Docking Racing" a couple of weeks ago !!!
Old 4 Nov 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3162319)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
I can confirm that the ALMS Falken Tire Team will not be competing in 2013 Le Mans
Shame , but Im not really surprised , because of the 997 recent performance at the track ..... the future looks bright though .
Old 4 Nov 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3162342)   #35
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Anyone know what the "Delta" refered to in "ADR-Delta" means please ?

I only realised ADR was "Alan Docking Racing" a couple of weeks ago !!!
http://delta-motorsport.com/

The team is a merger of Alan Docking Racing and Delta Motorsports. The team was around before the "Delta Wing" came around, but I agree the naming is slightly confusing now.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3162394)   #36
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be interesting to know what their plans are going forward. They came in with quite big ambitions of eventually moving up to P1 and also spoke about fielding a second P2 car.

They have been very impressive this year so maybe the next logical step is to move up to two cars?
Old 5 Nov 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3162794)   #37
The Badger
Veteran

I was wondering for months just who the hell they were , coming in like that and stirring up the field as they did .
Then it was explained to me what "ADR" stood for , and all fell into place ..... ADR's reputation is pretty solid .

Didnt they used to be the semi-works Mazda outfit at Le mans for years ?
Old 5 Nov 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3163063)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I believe that's right.
Old 7 Nov 2012, 14:24 (Ref:3163759)   #39
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shame , but Im not really surprised , because of the 997 recent performance at the track ..... the future looks bright though .
More so, it's a huge financial undertaking, and we're still developing our tires to find the best ultimate tire for ALMS.

Earlier in the year, we asked Team Manager Derrick Walker what it would take to run Le Mans only, and maybe have a top five finish. His answer: at least $5 million. To give you perspective on how much that is to an ALMS team, most budgets for the whole $3 million to $5 million. So what one team puts into their entire year, they put into one race. That's a HUGE undertaking--even for just a top five finish. To finish first, it would be even more expensive and take more preparation.

We spend all year developing tires for Petit Le Mans, which is only 10 hours. As well all know, Le Mans is 24, and would require a whole different kind of tire. We're still very new on the ALMS tire scene. Yes, we have three race wins, and that's great, but it's nowhere near enough to be top-five competitive (let alone win) at Le Mans, with other tire manufactures who have been there since the beginning.

We really do appreciate the fan support and the questions every single day asking if we're running Le Mans next year. But right now, we're going to focus on 2013 and creating a tire that will take us to another level for Falken. Then, IF (I only said if, so don't take this as confirmation) we run 2014, we may have to start all over again with new tire specs, new tracks, new cars, etc. It's not really possible to just take a tire and throw it on a car. We want to be stronger where we're at presently before taking on any more big undertakings. One bite at a time.
Old 7 Nov 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3163772)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Take your time, I do hope you do get there in 2014 and if you do all on this forum look forward to meeting you all, as yet the forum has not meet with a tyre supplier at le mans and it would make a welcome new addition to our visits, we wish you all the best for 2013 and hope the season goes well enough for you to give Le mans a try in 2014 or if not in 2015
Old 12 Nov 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3165683)   #41
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Take your time, I do hope you do get there in 2014 and if you do all on this forum look forward to meeting you all, as yet the forum has not meet with a tyre supplier at le mans and it would make a welcome new addition to our visits, we wish you all the best for 2013 and hope the season goes well enough for you to give Le mans a try in 2014 or if not in 2015
Agreed.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3166683)   #42
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
This isn't accurate. Flying Lizards is no longer a factory backed team... that's it. I would suggest at this point, it looks very much like they will be running Porsche next year.
Yes , but a single entry in GTC . I reckon a leen year , hope they dont loose the best staff in the team .
Old 16 Nov 2012, 04:24 (Ref:3166941)   #43
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Well if theyve handed their 2012 Porsches back to the factory then maybe a GT-AM entry may come about if they still have one of their older 997s sitting around?
Old 17 Nov 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3167508)   #44
The Badger
Veteran

They have handed back their lead car , and have retained their Am chassis .

Possibily might see that at Le mans , in Am class ?
Old 19 Nov 2012, 04:12 (Ref:3168284)   #45
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They have handed back their lead car , and have retained their Am chassis .

Possibily might see that at Le mans , in Am class ?
Thats what Im thinking, keep themselves fresh for a return to GT-E in 2014. An AM chassis with the Admiral, Pumpnelly and a paying customer doesnt sound too unrealistic.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3169119)   #46
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I seem to remember JD saying that, in addition to the 'auto' invites there would be two US entrants, one of which would be a new one, and that both would have no problem getting their entries; which leads me to believe that'd be Corvette and SRT - so I wouldn't have thought it likely to see the Lizards there in 2013.

Here's hoping for a return the next year, if so.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3169138)   #47
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Really hope we see SRT. Their performance at Petit was encouraging.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3170001)   #48
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I seem to remember JD saying that, in addition to the 'auto' invites there would be two US entrants, one of which would be a new one, and that both would have no problem getting their entries; which leads me to believe that'd be Corvette and SRT - so I wouldn't have thought it likely to see the Lizards there in 2013.

Here's hoping for a return the next year, if so.
I was thinking Corvette and Dempsey, but I guess recent developments over at Dempsey might make SRT more reasonable. Still, I don't think Le Mans was planned for 2013.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3170129)   #49
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.planetlemans.com/2012/11/...ns+Newsfeed%29
Level 5 Motorsports confirmed for 2013. Probably sticking to one car with the auto entry.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 13:39 (Ref:3170222)   #50
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
I was thinking Corvette and Dempsey.
Dempsey's definitely the other option, good shout - I went for SRT because Dempsey themselves seem very unsure about next year's plans. However, I remember the ACO commenting on the programme when it was announced last year and saying they look forward to welcoming them back to Le Mans (however slow they may be...), so it's definitely possible.
Closed Thread