Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Mar 2009, 23:06 (Ref:2423162)   #51
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Honestly, why make that big of a deal over it. It's touring car racing, that kinda thing happens. I saw the whole thing, looked perfectly acceptable to me. Things happen, it's motor racing. Penalties for such trivial things shouldn't be given out.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2423184)   #52
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
It depends on the incident. If contact results in a car spinning off then I think it warrants investigation. If its just door to door rubbing or bumping, then thats fair game.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 04:43 (Ref:2423308)   #53
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjo View Post
Tarquini is fvckin nasty
he did such things for so many times
im really sick of it
Yeah, I must say, whenever a car goes off track after contact with a Seat, there is a much higher than 20% chance that the Seat was driven by Tarquini...
Maybe he generally gets grumpy if not being able to pass someone for 2-3 laps.

Lets see if he will be the first driver to "take advantage of" that 3 weekend suspended drop 10 places or if he will manage to clean up his act a bit.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2424083)   #54
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Honestly, why make that big of a deal over it. It's touring car racing, that kinda thing happens. I saw the whole thing, looked perfectly acceptable to me. Things happen, it's motor racing. Penalties for such trivial things shouldn't be given out.
Like wrecking half the field in the Daytona 500 you mean??? Still, they did manage to jump on some poor sap of a crew-member, chasing after a loose tyre (tire)
Old 25 Mar 2009, 10:47 (Ref:2424340)   #55
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It wasn't intentional, it was accidental. He attempted to pass, had too much steam, and washed out. I HATE Seat, and I'm saying it wasn't intentional.
If that shunt wasn't intentional, Tarquini would have been an untalented amateur. He isn't, he is a very experienced professional star-driver. It was intentional.
Your comments make me not going racing in the USA, if that is the level you generally expect from professional racers. (It is a bit hypothetical though, since not counting some indoor go-karting, I don't go racing soon anyway)
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2424435)   #56
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
It's not a question of it being intentional or not, the stewards awarded the penalty because the accident was 'avoidable', which is a very different thing.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 14:55 (Ref:2424506)   #57
Winchester
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hinckley, Leics - near Mallory Park
Winchester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't get me wrong, I think Tarquini is a fantastic driver and a great character. But he has form, so it's hardly surprising to see this penalty handed out.
Macau 07 on Farfus, Monza 07 on Farfus, Oschersleben 08 on Priaulx are just a few that spring to mind. All of which were avoidable.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2424518)   #58
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, but Farfus has often put himself into situations which he should have stayed out of. Like Macau.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 16:38 (Ref:2425372)   #59
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
It's not a question of it being intentional or not, the stewards awarded the penalty because the accident was 'avoidable', which is a very different thing.
Surely every accident is avoidable then, right? That's why it's called an "accident?"
Old 26 Mar 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2425374)   #60
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
Don't get me wrong, I think Tarquini is a fantastic driver and a great character. But he has form, so it's hardly surprising to see this penalty handed out.
Macau 07 on Farfus, Monza 07 on Farfus, Oschersleben 08 on Priaulx are just a few that spring to mind. All of which were avoidable.
Brands Hatch 07, too.

Tarquini has done too much of it. I think it comes from the open wheels days. Many formula drivers think that they can play these games, since they have bodywork upon their wheels. I was super****ed at what he did in Oschersleben, he had a broken turbo and he let everyone pass him except Priaulx, and now another BMW.
An Fia penalties, they are just ridicolous: Jorg has lost a race, a possible win, and all he gets is a 30 second penalty and he gets put 'under probation' for 3 races. Tarquini loses a point, Jorg loses 10 potential points, certainly 6, IMO. We'll count those points in November, to see how much weight 1 point has in Tarquini's championship rather than 10-6 in Jorg's...
Old 26 Mar 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2425398)   #61
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Surely every accident is avoidable then, right?
Only if you stay in bed all day and never go out of the house.

If I trip over and break my neck that's an accident.
If I fall down and break my neck whilst riding a unicycle and juggling kittens that's an avoidable accident.
If I jump out of a third floor window and break my neck that's intentional.

Accidents are always going to happen but if you put yourself in a position that such an accident is more liekly then that is avoidable.

The point was that Tarquini didn't deliberately ram Muller off the road, which is what 'intensional' implies.

Tags
2009, puebla, touring car, wtcc