Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Apr 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2446898)   #51
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Full entry list is here:
http://adac.24h-rennen.de/en/race-20...startlist.html

Looks like 160-170 cars (helpfully there is no breakdown on the numbers)
Old 22 Apr 2009, 13:24 (Ref:2446998)   #52
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Full entry list is here:
http://adac.24h-rennen.de/en/race-20...startlist.html

Looks like 160-170 cars (helpfully there is no breakdown on the numbers)
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Old 22 Apr 2009, 23:56 (Ref:2447428)   #53
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
V12 Vantage? That'll be one entry to keep an eye out for...

Im happy to see some of the more unusual cars in this list like the Astra Caravan, thats one part of the 24hrs at the Ring that really appeals to me.

For us Aussies, Mal Rose is back with his fire breathing ex V8 Supercar VX Commodore as is Colin Osbourne in the little Corolla.

No Zakspeed. Nor the car filled with characters from Sesame St.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 09:34 (Ref:2449099)   #54
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Tom.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 09:41 (Ref:2449102)   #55
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Will Radio Le Mans cover the race again this year?
Working on final details but I hope so yes
Old 25 Apr 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2449108)   #56
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That would be great news to have it again on RLM.

That Aston Martin is the one for this year? Last year's yellow and green one was also quite nice on the eyes.

Anyone know anything about the Lexus Armin Hahne and Krumbach will be running? Both did well last year so this car could go well.

Looking through the entries, we've got the Porsches in SP7 and SP9, the AM in SP8/10, a Nissan with Dumbreck in SP7, the Priaulx BMW in SP10, all them Audis in SP9, the Sciroccos in SP3T.
I'm not too familiar with these classes and how different they are. Will it be possible to see the Porsches, AMs, Nissans, BMW, Audis and Lexus vying for all-out victory? Perhaps the Sciroccos..
Old 25 Apr 2009, 10:04 (Ref:2449114)   #57
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
No, there are big performance differences between the classes. It will pretty much be Audi vs. Porsche, with the Manthey RSR being the favourite from the Porsche camp, but with further back-up from their own Cup-S-car and the Cup-Ss from Mamerow and perhaps Mühlner.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2449116)   #58
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Wow!! Audi are really going all out and I think its great, shame BMW does not seem fit to do the same with the M3 GT2...........
that's not entirely fair, there are two works Alpina B6 GT3s are there not? Any word on who'll be driving them? Pity that won't be the WTCC drivers' car.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 11:09 (Ref:2449155)   #59
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Will there be a live video stream? If I remember well there was one last year. A shame Motors TV isn't covering this race.

Nurburgring 24 hours and VLN is great but IMO there are to many classes.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2449156)   #60
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
that's not entirely fair, there are two works Alpina B6 GT3s are there not? Any word on who'll be driving them? Pity that won't be the WTCC drivers' car.
So far the Alpina isn't doing well. IIRC they didn't finish in the last 2 VLN events.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2449167)   #61
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Will there be a live video stream? If I remember well there was one last year. A shame Motors TV isn't covering this race.

Nurburgring 24 hours and VLN is great but IMO there are to many classes.
Well most classes are - when we apply the same standart as to other sportscar races - pretty full.
When you have 220 cars 15 or so classes is quite okay, this year with less teams it looks a little worse, though.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2449176)   #62
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
That Aston Martin is the one for this year? Last year's yellow and green one was also quite nice on the eyes.
Yes the blue Aston is the V12 Vantage which is taking the place of 'Kermit' the green V8 Vantage this year and the yellow V8 Vantage is racing this year (named 'Rose').

Tom.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 17:00 (Ref:2449361)   #63
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Yes the blue Aston is the V12 Vantage which is taking the place of 'Kermit' the green V8 Vantage this year and the yellow V8 Vantage is racing this year (named 'Rose').

Tom.
Both V8's will be Yellow? The entry list has 2 AMs. Last year I think there were only 2 but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the info. The car's a hoot.
At my office some lucky b**t**d has the DBR 007 in the garage. Sometimes I just go out of my way to go by it.

Edit: I see there's an auto filter on here (you learn every day!).
Old 25 Apr 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2449362)   #64
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
No, there are big performance differences between the classes. It will pretty much be Audi vs. Porsche, with the Manthey RSR being the favourite from the Porsche camp, but with further back-up from their own Cup-S-car and the Cup-Ss from Mamerow and perhaps Mühlner.
Mühlner isn't on the entry list yet but is there a possibility of them being there? I think it's Kainz and Schmickler driving the car in the VLN and doing pretty good. They're also on the list of FIA GT3 so not sure if that will get in the way.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2449380)   #65
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Both V8's will be Yellow? The entry list has 2 AMs. Last year I think there were only 2 but I could be wrong.
Last year I think there were three N24's: 'Rose' (they yellow N24), 'Kermit' (the green one) and a white one which had nothing to do with AMR as far as I am aware (there might have been more, but I can't find last years entry list).

This year there is going to be the blue V12 Vantage and 'Rose' the yellow N24 and six private V8 Vantages.

Tom.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2449388)   #66
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm not too familiar with these classes and how different they are. Will it be possible to see the Porsches, AMs, Nissans, BMW, Audis and Lexus vying for all-out victory? Perhaps the Sciroccos..
SP9 ist GT3, SP10 is GT4...the latter won't have anything to do with overall victory. A good SP8 might, but I doubt the Lexus would. SP3T might have a shot at Top 10 if it goes well.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2449430)   #67
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Mühlner isn't on the entry list yet but is there a possibility of them being there? I think it's Kainz and Schmickler driving the car in the VLN and doing pretty good. They're also on the list of FIA GT3 so not sure if that will get in the way.
They are there #123 and #124
Old 25 Apr 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2449503)   #68
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Oh, I missed those 2! Thanks!
Old 28 Apr 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2451746)   #69
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Last year I think there were three N24's: 'Rose' (they yellow N24), 'Kermit' (the green one) and a white one which had nothing to do with AMR as far as I am aware (there might have been more, but I can't find last years entry list).

This year there is going to be the blue V12 Vantage and 'Rose' the yellow N24 and six private V8 Vantages.

Tom.
Plus there was the modified GT3 DBRS9 that kept getting molested!

So, whats the nickname going to be for the V12 Vantage? The white N24 was nicknamed Barry after much discussion on Radio Le Mans!

Kermit went on to do the Britcar 24hrs too, finishing 2nd in class and 3rd overall!

Does anyone know if RLM will be covering the race again this year? Graham said they were working on it earlier in the thread.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2452353)   #70
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Raeder Motorsport has entered a Ford GT GT3 in cooperation with Matech for the next VLN round and the 24h after their Lamborghini burned down during the season opener. Drivers will be Dirk Adorf and Hermann Tilke, joined by Matech drivers Marc Hennerici and Thomas Mutsch.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 19:56 (Ref:2452401)   #71
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
After the Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo and Mustang, Ford now has a GT at Nurburgring. From a quick browse of the results the last 2 years, it seems this will be the first time a Ford GT races there, at least the modern one.

On another note:
There's quite a few drivers in the entry list this year who will be at Le Mans 3 weeks later: Dumas, Bernhard, Lieb, Collard, Henzler, Lietz, Rockenfeller, Werner, Fassler, and probably a few more. Could this have an effect on their performance at Le Mans?

And is the fact that the Norschleife being so narrow and curvy, with a lot of traffic due to the number of cars and the differences between them the reason why alot of entries have 4 drivers?
Old 29 Apr 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2452422)   #72
Speed-King
Veteran

I think the reason is because they are allowed to. Only a tiny fraction of those cars have fully professional driver crews and for all the other cars additional drivers help to pay the costs. Daytona allows up to five drivers per car, pretty much for the same reasons, I think.
Old 3 May 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2454517)   #73
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I am planning to visit practice on thursday before the race.
Is there anyone that can tell me how you can go to : karroussel and to Adenauer forst ?
Thanks!
Old 3 May 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2454738)   #74
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@ nobster: A61 exit Wehr, then direction "Nürburgring", later you see "Brünnchen" on the right side, on the left side there is a place to park your car (betteer not on the street)

from the brünnchen you can also reach hohe acht, wippermann, eschbach and pflanzgarten by feet.

we camp nearby wippermann - came around for a beer!

@ race:

Ford GT 40: http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/ca...splay/16936214
Audi R8 GT3: http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/ca...splay/16936116
http://www.racepix.eu/FORUM/VLN2009031.jpg
http://booorn.alfa-power.de/forenvor...n09-03tr-2.jpg
Old 3 May 2009, 20:19 (Ref:2454752)   #75
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Plus there was the modified GT3 DBRS9 that kept getting molested!

So, whats the nickname going to be for the V12 Vantage? The white N24 was nicknamed Barry after much discussion on Radio Le Mans!
There's actually 3 Vantages on the list: 2 V8s and a V12. So could we have Kermit and Rose again, plus the Blue one?

Those photos of the Audis are nice. Are they from the VLN championships? I see that Biela and Pirro have already raced with them.