Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 27 Aug 2009, 22:25 (Ref:2529601)   #76
Thorney
Racer

Thorney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
also in Autosport was a comment that Thorney Motorsport (see above) were considering a move to the BTCC.
Care to shed any light

Simon
Ah, you have me at a disadvantage as our copy of Autosport hasn't turned up yet, sodding Royal Mail.

We've made no real secret as to our plans for BTCC next season but the change of regs have thrown a spanner in it somewhat as uncertainty is not a good bed fellow for sponsors. If we can get a better idea on what is likely to happen we can commit but at the moment all we really know is that its either BMW or Vauxhalls, as thats all we tune for the road and racing is part and parcel of our road car business.

For the moment all we are 100% behind is the CSL Cup, Sportmaxx and BTCC are questions marks and maybe linked, but my gut feeling is we maintain our three car team in Sportmaxx with scope to expand with another two cars and a 1-3 car BTCC team depending on budget, drivers and exactly what engines can be put where driving which wheels!
Old 27 Aug 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2529607)   #77
M0T0RSP0RTDAN
Rookie

M0T0RSP0RTDAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorney View Post
Ah, you have me at a disadvantage as our copy of Autosport hasn't turned up yet, sodding Royal Mail.

We've made no real secret as to our plans for BTCC next season but the change of regs have thrown a spanner in it somewhat as uncertainty is not a good bed fellow for sponsors. If we can get a better idea on what is likely to happen we can commit but at the moment all we really know is that its either BMW or Vauxhalls, as thats all we tune for the road and racing is part and parcel of our road car business.

For the moment all we are 100% behind is the CSL Cup, Sportmaxx and BTCC are questions marks and maybe linked, but my gut feeling is we maintain our three car team in Sportmaxx with scope to expand with another two cars and a 1-3 car BTCC team depending on budget, drivers and exactly what engines can be put where driving which wheels!
Blimey, talk about hearing it here first !
Old 27 Aug 2009, 22:38 (Ref:2529608)   #78
Thorney
Racer

Thorney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having only spent a short time working with Tom I have to say I think he is very deserving of a berth back in BTCC and I know he has a few irons in the fire.

As for us, lets say we have our options open at the moment but there are too many unanswered questions for us to commit one way or the other at the moment.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2529619)   #79
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I think for the past 4-5 years there's been a consistent rumour about Kia.
correct...
Old 28 Aug 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2529814)   #80
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Presumably it would be the Ceed (punctuation not included). With regards to the thought that some teams want the NGTC TOCA engine for next year, if it is available would 888-Kia (if 888 stay, my bet's on them running Vectras) consider it, bearing in mind it would be another engine to tune?
Old 28 Aug 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2529840)   #81
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The problem with a cee'd or a pro_cee'd (punctuation included), is that their bodyshape is similar to the Astra SportHatch and the Leon, cars that have never ultimately been that successful in the UK due to their size and natural aerodynamics.

I understand they have some new mid-size saloon models due though.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2530006)   #82
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
The problem with a cee'd or a pro_cee'd (punctuation included), is that their bodyshape is similar to the Astra SportHatch and the Leon, cars that have never ultimately been that successful in the UK due to their size and natural aerodynamics.

I understand they have some new mid-size saloon models due though.
Excuse me, SEAT were the 2006 manufacturers champions!
Old 28 Aug 2009, 17:15 (Ref:2530027)   #83
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
And there only competition, Vauxhall, were running a similarly shaped Astra. Had the Integra been a manufacturer entered car Honda would have been champions.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 17:23 (Ref:2530030)   #84
M0T0RSP0RTDAN
Rookie

M0T0RSP0RTDAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The integras are very decent cars.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 23:45 (Ref:2540858)   #85
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting back to 2010... Here's my guess - works Honda/Dynamics and Volvo/888 efforts. As I understand it the Honda thing was about as close as you can get to a done deal last year before the world went mad, and given Honda's continued close involvement with TD this year and their big presence at Silverstone I don't think it's too much of a stretch.

As for 888/Volvo - the word I hear is that 888 had "guests" at Silverstone, and there may be a show car at The Rock this weekend. All speculation of course, and based on sources that have a hit and miss record, but Honda vs Volvo next year? Could be fun
Old 15 Sep 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2541147)   #86
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the wackeyraces in Sweden last weekend, and the aftermath, Volvo seems to have another reason to look with more interest to the BTCC.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 18:30 (Ref:2541446)   #87
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
After the wackeyraces in Sweden last weekend, and the aftermath, Volvo seems to have another reason to look with more interest to the BTCC.
Off topic I know, but would you mind filling me in?
Old 15 Sep 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2541459)   #88
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Off topic I know, but would you mind filling me in?
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3959
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3967
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3970
Old 16 Sep 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2542290)   #89
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Why?, what happened is a normal weekend in BTCC so no incentive for Volvo to come across on this basis.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 19:34 (Ref:2542325)   #90
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha, but in Britain they won't get a 10-point penalty so fast.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 07:11 (Ref:2542617)   #91
Icebaby
Veteran

Quote:
Very true
Old 17 Sep 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2542677)   #92
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
BTW 10 points in STCC equals about 23-24 points in BTCC if comparing max score per weekend. So it is a sever punishment. In BTCC I assume it would have given 2 points out of 10 on a licence that in any case is renewed yearly. Still, I don't see Volvo leaving STCC (especially since they have a 3 year participation contract), but it might still give them a bigger incentive to get into BTCC as a full manufacturer instead of "just" selling the car to a customer.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 09:39 (Ref:2542684)   #93
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bamboo Engineering have secured another 2008 spec Lacetti for next year, hope to run 2 cars, Vaulkhard will drive one.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78677

They say they are likely to be the only team running Lacetti's next year, does this mean RML / Silverline will run Cruze's or will there be no Racing Silverline team next year?
Old 17 Sep 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2542751)   #94
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think RML/Racing Silverline will have the Cruze next year... Personal opinion, though
Old 17 Sep 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2542764)   #95
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Bamboo Engineering have secured another 2008 spec Lacetti for next year, hope to run 2 cars, Vaulkhard will drive one.
Didn't they say the same last year when they were Tempus.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2542898)   #96
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm taking it with a pinch of salt for now. It's changed days now, there are more cars than available drivers.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2543054)   #97
pinkd56
Racer

England
Luton
pinkd56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone see about 888 Running the cars in the Caparo Pro1000 series?
Old 19 Sep 2009, 11:59 (Ref:2543817)   #98
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to see the Cruze next season, that thing looks awsome.
Old 19 Sep 2009, 17:46 (Ref:2543932)   #99
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
For the record I have watched that STCC video several times, and from what I can see, it looks like the Volvo driver's fault, no question. Too late on the brakes, ran over the inside kerb, car launched onto 2 wheels, launched into the BMW, both of them off the road. End of story.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 20:27 (Ref:2546254)   #100
Icebaby
Veteran

I'll believe this second Bamboo car when I see it, assuming its true which car have they purchased?

Back on topic for 2010 predictions you may as well assume Matt Neal will be back with Dynamics as the second sure thing to happen in 2010 along side Vaulkard with Bamboo (who thought of such a strange name for a team?)

The third will be Chilton with Aon/Arena, the rest is yet to be seen, WSR need a sponser/manufacturer to continue to pay Turkington in 2010 but think he is part of a BMW plan somewhere.
Closed Thread