Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Closed Thread

Old 13 Apr 2000, 12:05 (Ref:13389)   #1
F1FansClub
Racer

F1FansClub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok Folks,

It's about time that we started taking in names for this championship. The site for it will be made by next week and so you can check it out then! Any ideas where I can put the site up? It'll be pretty simple!
To register your name into the draw to see what team you get (I will put all the teams and drivers in a hat and then draw out one to each name) just send me an e-mail to F1-2000@Championship.co.uk stating your full name, location and ten-tenths name (eg. F1FansClub, Jared, etc.).
Once I manage to get 22 names I will make the draw and put it on the site and also on this forum.
Any other ideas please!

Thanks,
Ally Mitchell, Administrator of 10/10ths F1-2000 Championship

[This message has been edited by F1FansClub (edited 13 April 2000).]
Old 13 Apr 2000, 22:15 (Ref:13390)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WAIT! I don't like this name in a hat business. Why can't we choose?

And could we have some clarification of exactly how this works please????

Thanks.

Minardi fan
Old 13 Apr 2000, 22:30 (Ref:13391)   #3
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We need to come to a consensus on the rules, including car selection. I'm advocating two drivers per car, first-come, first-served. G-R is saying that all cars should be open to everyone. And F1FansClub is drawing names out of a hat to select cars. We need to come to an agreement on this and the other rules. If anyone has any suggestions, please post them.
Old 13 Apr 2000, 23:44 (Ref:13392)   #4
G-R
Rookie

G-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
an when did F1fansclub become the administrator?
I thought at least I'd be it seeing s I thought of the idea, I wouldn't run the website, like I siad, but I could look after things.
Old 14 Apr 2000, 09:15 (Ref:13393)   #5
F1FansClub
Racer

Right, The site is almost finished now. I think that picking names out of a hat would be the easiest way of putting people to teams because otherwise there would be complaints. I think that it doesn't matter which chassis you have, it's just how good you are at the game! What about putting everybody in the same car (eg. Ferrari) and then putting two people into teams (eg. Team F12000). People think up their own team names? Well I've written out some rules and I'll get them on the net today so you can have a look!

Ally Mitchell,
Administrator of Ten-Tenths F1-2000 Championship.

P.S. G-R well I'm sorry but Jared said fine to my 'application' if you want to call it that and so I started. What kindof jobs were you thinking of doing?
Old 14 Apr 2000, 09:59 (Ref:13394)   #6
G-R
Rookie

This is getting crazy!

When did jared come into having so much power(no offence)?
It's all getting out of hand. There's no way you can have a fair championship with the different spec cars, in this game anyway.
For a game like GT2, you can tune or detune cars to make them pretty even, but for a game like this, it's not possilbe. At all.
That's why anyone can choose what car they use, what ever track, and an unlimited amount of people can use it.

And has noone payed attention to the site I gave the link to: http://walk.to/atlas

We have teams, with our own names, and we race what ever car we like, where ever.
Look, I run and own a racing series, a more complicated one than this one will be, so I know more about this than most of you would.
Seeing as it was my idea, I asumed that I would run it, but I said that I wouldn't do the website. I don't have enough time for that.
In terms of running: Calling the shots, making the rules, what race should have what and other stuff like that, ei: Bernie Ecclestone and the FIA all wrapped into one.

Look, it's best for all that I look after this, I had a close call on most of the stuff on the atlas thing, and still do.
I know what I'm doing, because all up, it must be fun.
Everyone would be much better off having me in charge. All you need to do is see how my PTCC is going, then you'd know the answer.
Old 14 Apr 2000, 14:12 (Ref:13395)   #7
F1FansClub
Racer

G-R and so when did you get so much power? (No offence) If you are taking part in this then you can't be administrator as well, what about my idea about all having the same car? [link]http://members.aol.com/jordangp/[/link] - This is the site and I'll get a forwarding address later today! G-R, as far as I can see you haven't done anything for it yet so what are you going to do? The e-mail address for the championship is F1-2000@Championship.co.uk

Ally
Old 14 Apr 2000, 19:01 (Ref:13396)   #8
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just said thank you to F1FansClub for putting up a site for us. I didn't say anything about anyone becoming the administrator. See the other thread for my views on this.

Really, all this bickering is getting us nowhere. We need an administrator, so you two work it out. Why not joint administrators?

It's like what that Swamp Castle king on Monty Python's Holy Grail said: "Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who. This is supposed to be a happy occasion."
Old 15 Apr 2000, 00:12 (Ref:13397)   #9
G-R
Rookie

Look. I said I wouldn't do the website, that's agreed on.

It was my idea. That's agreed on.

You assumed that you would be in charge somehow right? It was my idea then you came along and tried to run it. Think about that for a sec.

This thing has nothing to do with 10-10ths motor sport forum at all. It's only being used as a form of communication. Just because it has 10-10ths there, and it's in this forum, doesn't mean that you run it auotmatically.

And I can't do anything till we get this sorted out, and once we have, I'll get the rules sorted out and such. I can run the show, but I won't do the webpage. Simple as that.

Joint administrator? No, it's a recipie for disaster, trust me, I know.
My friend Alex and I were running the PTCC together, then he made somechanges without my knowledge, then I had to go back and fix all the mistakes, and I ended up taking the whole thing back under my arms. It's not a good idea.

"G-R and so when did you get so much power? (No offence) If you are taking part in this then you can't be administrator as well"

Well, that's the thing isn't it. I don't have the game, so I can't take part can I? No, I can't.
And, when did I have so much power? well, since I thought of the idea of course.

Old 15 Apr 2000, 09:49 (Ref:13398)   #10
F1FansClub
Racer

G-R, look we need to chat and if you looked at the staff forums now and again you would see that. What about I do the site and you get all the times and then send to me in order to put on the site? I think that this is now getting out of hand! When will you next be on ICQ cos we could chat then! But please take this bickering away from the open forums and into the staff ones instead!

Thanks
Ally
Old 15 Apr 2000, 10:12 (Ref:13399)   #11
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hehe!! This is the best entertainment i've had all week! Jeez, Ally, calm down girl - do you really want the agrivation of running the thing ? Learn to work in a team - you'll find it works best all round in the long run.
Old 15 Apr 2000, 23:30 (Ref:13401)   #12
F1FansClub
Racer

Ok G-R, please yourself, we will run it without you. Also I am now giving you a warning for the type of language which you showed in that last post. That last post was more of a personal attack angainst myself and so I have no other choice than to take it to the administrators and see if they are going to take any further action. 10 Tenths Motorsport can not have people who make these kind of attacks on the forum, never mind moderating one.

Thanks,
Ally Mitchell
Old 15 Apr 2000, 23:59 (Ref:13400)   #13
G-R
Rookie

OK, It's now F1FansClub editing this message.

G-R in this message said that he now does not wish to run or help with the F1-2000 Championship. Also in this post was a personal attack against myseld and so that is why I have edited it! A complaint has now been put into the administrators by myself about G-R's behaviour during the past week. I hope that nobody has been 'disturbed' by this and hopefully he will calm down soon.

Thanks,

Ally

[This message has been edited by F1FansClub (edited 16 April 2000).]
Old 16 Apr 2000, 12:54 (Ref:13402)   #14
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
You lot are hopeless. There's always one or two who spoil a bit of fun for everyone else by BICKERING.

Sort it out guys or you'll find yourselves with no-one in this god-damned championship.
Old 16 Apr 2000, 23:03 (Ref:13403)   #15
G-R
Rookie

Can you enlighten me in what was wrong with that post?
I didn't attack anyone, at all.

But fine, that's it then, see what you can do. I'm not worried.
Old 21 Apr 2000, 04:51 (Ref:13404)   #16
AndrettiRULES
Rookie

AndrettiRULES should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally think both of you are being very childish...it's a freakin' game.

Don't you think that you should be asking the 'people' of this forum, who shall be participating in the competition how THEY want the comp. to be held????

AR
Old 21 Apr 2000, 09:31 (Ref:13405)   #17
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Agreed Andretti - it seems the rules have been created without asking the people actually palying the damned game.
Old 22 Apr 2000, 12:41 (Ref:13406)   #18
G-R
Rookie

Ok, get one thing striaght.
If I were going to run it, that's the first thing I would do. Ask you what kind of rules etc, and go from there.
But I won't be so......
Old 23 Apr 2000, 17:51 (Ref:13407)   #19
F1FansClub
Racer

Right, I am now closing this topic for a few reasons, which are :-

1. It looks like most of the posts here are in an argument between me and G-R and I don't think there should be any more added to it.

2. I will open up new topics for different parts of the championship, eg. Rules, etc.

Thanks,

Ally
Closed Thread