Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 May 2009, 06:53 (Ref:2472460)   #1
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Dear Dear FPR (merged x1)

What was that? Both drivers having a go at Murph and at the same corner... Whats that you stuffed your stratagey again... what a joke.
Old 31 May 2009, 08:03 (Ref:2472476)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
and he pretty much deserved to from what i was watching. moving speed hump, its time he quit and went and did commentary in NZ
Old 31 May 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2472478)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
LOL , wasnt Murphs day was it ?

I think it was just coincedence that it was both FPR cars , nothing sinister from the "team" at all
Old 31 May 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2472485)   #4
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
and he pretty much deserved to from what i was watching. moving speed hump, its time he quit and went and did commentary in NZ
Suppose Jason Richards was one aswell.

They could not pull up at that turn, who has the adjustable bars frosty or richards?
Old 31 May 2009, 08:45 (Ref:2472501)   #5
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
well if murph didnt drive down the inside of the corner every time it wouldnt be an issue

and then 2 laps down he tries to take frosty out, what a clown murph is, he probably thought it was richo and wanted pay back, we know he is into that dont we

i think it is richo that has adjustble bars
Old 31 May 2009, 08:50 (Ref:2472503)   #6
DJJ
Racer

You have yet to address the point of both cars not being able to pull up at that turn.

Murph is entittled to take that line under the rules, he never moved.

FPR are/where the only team without adjustable bars.
Old 31 May 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2472504)   #7
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
profi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep richos car has the adjustable sway bars.

Frosty does not have them.
Old 31 May 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2472505)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
BS he didnt move. he moved slowly from the inside across to the outside to take the racing line,

and at any point you cant take the inside under the current rules anyway, except in the last lap or three and the first coupld of laps

when you bloke you have to stop earlier, when you stop earlier, you get hit. and it serves you right, dont block, dont get hit

think if you watched the full telecast (do you get it in NZ?) you would see that frosty takes a different line into the corner (Larko explained it)
Old 31 May 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2472508)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
even taking Murph completly out of the situation FPR have lost the plot they are getting mediocre resaults seem to hit everything this weekend and Froty completly blew pole at Winton. they are useless at stratagy useless at pitstops.
Old 31 May 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2472511)   #10
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
even taking Murph completly out of the situation FPR have lost the plot they are getting mediocre resaults seem to hit everything this weekend and Froty completly blew pole at Winton. they are useless at stratagy useless at pitstops.
how many teams let a driver enter the top 10 shoot-out on green tyres??
Old 31 May 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2472512)   #11
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
BS he didnt move. he moved slowly from the inside across to the outside to take the racing line,

and at any point you cant take the inside under the current rules anyway, except in the last lap or three and the first coupld of laps

when you bloke you have to stop earlier, when you stop earlier, you get hit. and it serves you right, dont block, dont get hit

think if you watched the full telecast (do you get it in NZ?) you would see that frosty takes a different line into the corner (Larko explained it)
Yes you can, yes different lines but the rules state you can move 1 time it is up to the people behind not to hit them.

If they are faster would they not be able to pull the move off with a cross over.

Yet you missed the point again. the FPR cars lost balance and were lost, they are well behind in the development and stratagey Ford must be proud.
Old 31 May 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2472513)   #12
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ummm, Peckstar, I am by no means a Murphy fan, nor a sympathiser - but 90% of the hits came when he was braking behind someone else. Was Murph meant to drill the guys in front of him?

Regardless of what you think, the dive-bombs from Frosty and Richards are just poor and indicative that the cars werent set up to optimum. Regardless, they just didnt get into that hairpin well at all, all afternoon.

And finally - The car in front takes the line at the end of the day - If someone takes a different line, does someone in front of them need to stop later, to appease them?

Poor form from two usually good drivers. I think it was 2 guys trying to wring the most out of a car that wasnt forgiving....
Old 31 May 2009, 09:11 (Ref:2472520)   #13
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
exactly especially on such a small track and cold temperatures, they are off their head.

bet Ford are over the moon picking Prodrive over 888, every FG but JC (well he seems to manage to hit everything aswell and Jnr is flogging him royally) and Alex Davo who is just learning the tracks. they have one car in the top 10 by 1 point. pathetic from a factory team.
Old 31 May 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2472570)   #14
doug05
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
doug05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have been expecting a drive through for at least BPB if not frosty as well... or is it now ok to spear into a corner sideways and take another car out???
Perhaps going by the driving of some of the other 'turkeys' out there the FPR duo were the least of Mezera's concerns
Old 31 May 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2472576)   #15
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
what exactly did frosty do, i have only heard murfs 2 lap down intepretaion, did they show the incident?
Old 31 May 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2472590)   #16
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
what exactly did frosty do, i have only heard murfs 2 lap down intepretaion, did they show the incident?
So you know or don't?

Common with you.
Old 31 May 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2472598)   #17
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
they did show it and it looked like Murph was going around the outside of the hairpin to let Frosty through but Frosty came in on his usual wide line and hit the side of him.
Old 31 May 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2472602)   #18
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
i have no idea about the frosty one. only what murf said.
Old 31 May 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2472611)   #19
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

This implies you should know what happened... Obviously you dont, so why blame Mr Murphy?

Greg took a wider line to let Mr Winterbottom through, as he was clearly quicker, and he barged straight into the B Pillar (or just behind, for those who still remember the old rules... meaning Frosty was at fault).

Sorry to interupt your reality with the truth! Which you may not have seen (do you get it in... wherever you are?).
Old 31 May 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2472616)   #20
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
no im talking about the richo incidents
Old 31 May 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2472618)   #21
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Sorry buddy, you blast Murph for this after claming you saw the entire telecast (as proven with "think if you watched the full telecast (do you get it in NZ?) " , then claim no knowledge of the Frosty crap?

Get your stuff in order!

Claiming a guy should retire is a HUGE call. Dont make it unless you are ready to call it in full, not just 20 laps.
Old 31 May 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2472623)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
i never claimed i watched the whole telecast, i was merely asking if DJJ got the whole telecast in NZ as its possible they missed out on some of what we get in australia.

i actually missed the frosty murph incident (as i have mentioned here) only know what murph the moving speed hump said.

its not a big call at all, and im not the first to suggest it.

murph really has done didly in his career, a few bathurst wins and a few wins in NZ, none of which has happened in the last few years. he is an underperformer and filling a seat that could be taken by a better quality driver
Old 31 May 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2472625)   #23
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
no im talking about the richo incidents
You are trolling the Murph aruement. FPR stuffed up I saw it.

****, Steve richards what has he done?

Frosty what has he done?

Seriously you just troll
Old 31 May 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2472638)   #24
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
i never claimed i watched the whole telecast, i was merely asking if DJJ got the whole telecast in NZ as its possible they missed out on some of what we get in australia.

i actually missed the frosty murph incident (as i have mentioned here) only know what murph the moving speed hump said.

its not a big call at all, and im not the first to suggest it.

murph really has done didly in his career, a few bathurst wins and a few wins in NZ, none of which has happened in the last few years. he is an underperformer and filling a seat that could be taken by a better quality driver
As is Mr Richards... in fact, Steven has done alote less than Murph, despite recently having better machinery.

Sorry, I lie - I reckon there's anough blue paint on the back of the SGR car to re-spray any blue vehicles in Australia.

I will agree, Murph's not done a great deal of late at the front, but neither has 80% of the field. He did do a great job this weekend, until FPR decided to use him as a beating post. If Richo couldnt find a way past and was faster, sounds like a personal issue - I dojt know about you, but in my un-interupted telecast of the event, he got "beside" him plenty, and was driven away from.

I must ask, as a long time member of the forum who usually sees eye to eye with you, did you see the rear-brake issue where Richo slid into Murph - was he blocking then too? Or was that not shown where you live?
Old 31 May 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2472640)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Richo stuffed up, he went in too hot and looped it, i wont argue that, but as for the rest , well murph should get out of the way and stop wasting peoples time and effort

i do probably agree, what has richo done? bugger all really

frosty well he was the guy that took the championship down to the last round, he won more rounds last year than murph has won in the last 5 oh and he was one spot of the podium today,

and seriously DJJ, you call me a troll, thats a bit rich