Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Nov 2009, 03:42 (Ref:2574632)   #1
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[NZV809/10]New Zealand v8's

The Championship starts this weekend I have heard there maybe a late Aussie entry into the series

This is the list I have for the weekend, with the driver I mentioned above to be added, The series will have same day coverage on TV3 in NZ not sure if it is shown to you Aussies but I'm sure other posters will have more info.

An interesting not Mark Petch has left the Series as an owner and is now leading the Management Group.

So I'm sure he can answer most questions as we had a few interesting rule developments for future cost savings

# Driver
1 Kayne Scott
3 Craig Baird
4 Simon Richards
5 Dave Stewart
6 Angus Fogg
007 Nick Ross
12 Darryn Henderson
15 Paul Manuell
20 Haydn Mackenzie
21 Alan McCarrison
22 John Penny
23 Andy Booth
25 Dale Williams
26 Tim Edgell
33 David Hopper
36 Matt Lockwood
47 John McIntyre
52 John Hepburn
55 Christina Orr
57 Clark Proctor
69 Eddie Bell
70 Andrew Anderson
89 John Whelan
97 Andy Knight
Old 3 Nov 2009, 05:29 (Ref:2574655)   #2
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
The Championship starts this weekend I have heard there maybe a late Aussie entry into the series

This is the list I have for the weekend, with the driver I mentioned above to be added, The series will have same day coverage on TV3 in NZ not sure if it is shown to you Aussies but I'm sure other posters will have more info.

An interesting not Mark Petch has left the Series as an owner and is now leading the Management Group.

So I'm sure he can answer most questions as we had a few interesting rule developments for future cost savings

# Driver
1 Kayne Scott
3 Craig Baird
4 Simon Richards
5 Dave Stewart
6 Angus Fogg
007 Nick Ross
12 Darryn Henderson
15 Paul Manuell
20 Haydn Mackenzie
21 Alan McCarrison
22 John Penny
23 Andy Booth
25 Dale Williams
26 Tim Edgell
33 David Hopper
36 Matt Lockwood
47 John McIntyre
52 John Hepburn
55 Christina Orr
57 Clark Proctor
69 Eddie Bell
70 Andrew Anderson
89 John Whelan
97 Andy Knight
Hi FD,
thanks for flying the flag for our little series, here in the "shaky Isles"

I am happy to add, that David Besnard, will be driving SCG's Ford Falcon, for at least the first two rounds of the championship.

I am still hope full that we will also see a late entry from Adam Brook, for the opening round this weekend.

Still 25 confirmed entries for New Zealand's Premier motor racing, is still an excellent result, considering the economic climate over here.

This year all the NZV8 races, are effectively being shown live for the very firs time, so onward and upward.

Cheers,

Mark Petch.
Chairman VEEGA.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 06:09 (Ref:2574666)   #3
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
should be a cracker series--go the Holdens
Old 3 Nov 2009, 06:30 (Ref:2574672)   #4
flyingduck
Veteran

The Holdens have some good developments on their engines for the year so they should be pushing to be back at the front of the pack.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2574689)   #5
Silencer
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Silencer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aren't the holdens effectively running ford engines to address the parity issue?
Old 3 Nov 2009, 07:25 (Ref:2574700)   #6
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
Aren't the holdens effectively running ford engines to address the parity issue?
Hi Silencer,
this season, the Holdens have the option of running the full NZV8 spec Ford engine, the OEM. steel block VN based engine, or an optional alloy engine block [with 2x11kg's of lead bolted to the front chassis rail's, along side the engine]

However despite being allowed to run the Ford engine, no Holden competitor has elected to do so. Four Holden competitors have re-blocked their VN based engine's, with the Alloy block version of the same.

Next season, all NZV8 competitor's will have to use the Ford based control engine.

Mark Petch.
VEEGA.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 09:48 (Ref:2574773)   #7
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any TV for Australia?
Old 3 Nov 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2574784)   #8
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Any TV for Australia?

Only by our good mate TJ at Endurance Motorsport
Old 3 Nov 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2574803)   #9
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Only by our good mate TJ at Endurance Motorsport
PM me the link please.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 3 Nov 2009, 21:51 (Ref:2575196)   #10
flyingduck
Veteran

TV3 do repeat things on there website

I know that TV3 replay things on their website which is tv3.co.nz so you could look at on Monday.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2575592)   #11
Road Train
Rookie

Australia
Great Northern Highway WA
Road Train should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
I know that TV3 replay things on their website which is tv3.co.nz so you could look at on Monday.
Sadly TV3's video cannot be viewed outside NZ.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 15:52 (Ref:2575684)   #12
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Train View Post
Sadly TV3's video cannot be viewed outside NZ.
No they sure don't which is unfortunate. The past couple years Motorsport NZ has been releasing the whole season on DVD after it's all over with for the year, so I guess I could buy those next June or July. Hopefully I'll get to be at one round personally anyways this season.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2575750)   #13
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
No they sure don't which is unfortunate. The past couple years Motorsport NZ has been releasing the whole season on DVD after it's all over with for the year, so I guess I could buy those next June or July. Hopefully I'll get to be at one round personally anyways this season.

Hi,
Whilst I can not promise anything at this point in time, I can tell you that I am investigating the possibility of streaming delayed video coverage of each round on VEEGA's yet to be launched [mid December] new web site.

Mark Petch.
Chairman VEEGA.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2575753)   #14
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi,
Whilst I can not promise anything at this point in time, I can tell you that I am investigating the possibility of streaming delayed video coverage of each round on VEEGA's yet to be launched [mid December] new web site.

Mark Petch.
Chairman VEEGA.
That would be much appreciated. Even if it's just the highlights that would be great.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 22:21 (Ref:2575939)   #15
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why can't Cocho take a leaf out of Mr Petch's book, get on here and listen/respond to the fans?

Well done Mark
Old 5 Nov 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2576412)   #16
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi Silencer,
this season, the Holdens have the option of running the full NZV8 spec Ford engine, the OEM. steel block VN based engine, or an optional alloy engine block [with 2x11kg's of lead bolted to the front chassis rail's, along side the engine]

However despite being allowed to run the Ford engine, no Holden competitor has elected to do so. Four Holden competitors have re-blocked their VN based engine's, with the Alloy block version of the same.

Next season, all NZV8 competitor's will have to use the Ford based control engine.

Mark Petch.
VEEGA.
im no expert on v8's and i dont know all the details but if holden are going to have to use ford motors then doesnt it pretty much deem it a one make series?
yes its only the engine but rivalry is big between holden and ford is it not? gives ford a slight psychological advantage maybe...
i cant imagine the holden fans are too happy about it!
Old 5 Nov 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2576558)   #17
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rocky View Post
im no expert on v8's and i dont know all the details but if holden are going to have to use ford motors then doesnt it pretty much deem it a one make series?
yes its only the engine but rivalry is big between holden and ford is it not? gives ford a slight psychological advantage maybe...
i cant imagine the holden fans are too happy about it!
Hi Rocky,
My apologies, I should have used the words Ford style architecture, IE. cylinder arrangement, with front mounted distributor etc.

However, I can tell you that there is no Ford, or GM parts in our new “NZV8 spec” engine, it’s unique to us. The engine block is Darts heavy duty “Iron Eagle” a far superior part to the current Ford engine block used in Australian Supercars.

We may not run a distributor, in order to further remove the so called tell tale signature between a classic Ford and GM small block, however we are still working through that issue.

I am less concerned than some members of my engine committee about running a distributer [the lowest cost solution] as both GM and Toyota’s current NASCAR engines, have also adopted Ford style architecture, IE. have the distributer in the front.

Our main aim is to dramatically lower the engine cost’s, both upfront and service, as well as provide a level playing field. We anticipate, depending on the US$/NZ$ cross rate, that we will be able to sell our Teams a complete “drop it in the hole” turn key, pucker race engine for A$20,000 plus GST.

We have 25 cars on the grid this weekend, and we want to see that number grow, to 28 cars next year, to do that we have to cut costs, with out sacrificing the racing.

Mark Petch.
CEO. VEEGA.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 22:46 (Ref:2576684)   #18
flyingduck
Veteran

If you are looking for Timing info over the weekend you can find it at http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=491382 not live but updated after each race/qualifying so it will be up to date as per natsoft.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 01:57 (Ref:2577403)   #19
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mark Petch.
CEO. VEEGA.
Hi Mark

All sounds very interesting & I would love to find out more, what is the best website to find out more about NZV8's & Veega ?

Cheers & all the best for the weekend, I'll be watching on mylaps & looking forward to better TV coverage in the near future. Shame our Channel One (Ten HD sport channel) doesnt look at it, we get all sorts of other international racing like British Touring Cars, Grandam, German Touring cars etc, etc, etc & yet nothing on our closest neighbours best touring car category despite having a number of Aussies contesting the championship !!!
Old 7 Nov 2009, 04:46 (Ref:2577451)   #20
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Hi,

Mark Petch.
Chairman VEEGA.
Mark, would you like to come over to Oz and run our series? It appears you may do a better job.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2577482)   #21
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
but there's not a 50/50 Holden/Ford split in NZV8s.. so you'd still complain bluesport
Old 7 Nov 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2577541)   #22
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
but there's not a 50/50 Holden/Ford split in NZV8s.. so you'd still complain bluesport
But they'll have ford motors.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2577802)   #23
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dart engines actually
Old 7 Nov 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2577822)   #24
horizon
Rookie

United States
Seattle
horizon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Foggy is missing from the time sheets ! Or did I miss something ?
Old 7 Nov 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2577861)   #25
mememe
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
mememe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon View Post
Foggy is missing from the time sheets ! Or did I miss something ?
He had a crash, will fix falcon or race commodore in todays races.